SPOILERS!!!!!! characters that should not have died.

shyguysteve

like itachi, nagato, jiraiya. kakashi(he DIES i mean that he shouldnt have died at all)

and who should die? like sasuke and... sakura (i just dont like her)

I'll have to disagree with you there. The first three people there, their deaths served to move the story along. Itachi planned to die at his brother's hand; Nagato repented and resurrected everyone he'd killed in the village; and Jiraiya died looking for information about the enemy, plus his death spurred Naruto to learn Sage jutsu.

A useless death in a story is where a character dies for a crap reason and either the story moves on irregardless of the fact they're now dead (in other words, it doesn't matter whether they're dead or alive) or the characters don't change at all. If Jiraiya had slipped on a rock and broken his neck...then that would be a useless death, because it serves no purpose to the story.

I'll have to disagree with you there. The first three people there, their deaths served to move the story along. Itachi planned to die at his brother's hand; Nagato repented and resurrected everyone he'd killed in the village; and Jiraiya died looking for information about the enemy, plus his death spurred Naruto to learn Sage jutsu.

A useless death in a story is where a character dies for a crap reason and either the story moves on irregardless of the fact they're now dead (in other words, it doesn't matter whether they're dead or alive) or the characters don't change at all. If Jiraiya had slipped on a rock and broken his neck...then that would be a useless death, because it serves no purpose to the story.

not even talking about accurate details of story, plot or anything in between.

aside from that its just opinion, if anyone of these guys remained alive the show would still move forward.

altering the plot if anyone of them were left alive is easy. though itachi might have died regardless.

if jiraiya was alive to warn everyone of nagato, then he would have had enough reason to teach naruto sage mode.

if nagato had to face his former teacher and naruto then maybe he wouldnt have had to die and been an ally to the leaf.

the possibilities go on.

not even talking about accurate details of story, plot or anything in between.

aside from that its just opinion, if anyone of these guys remained alive the show would still move forward.

altering the plot if anyone of them were left alive is easy. though itachi might have died regardless.

if jiraiya was alive to warn everyone of nagato, then he would have had enough reason to teach naruto sage mode.

if nagato had to face his former teacher and naruto then maybe he wouldnt have had to die and been an ally to the leaf.

the possibilities go on.

You do have a point there about Jiraiya and Nagato. Still, as a story mechanic, their deaths weren't wasted. One death I hate is Data's at the end of Star Trek: Nemesis, because

1) There was no reason for Picard to go onto the Scimitar

2) It would have been a better idea for Worf to go over, and die honorably in combat

3) I'm pretty sure that Picard did (somehow) manage to kill everyone there. If so, Data could have gone there, seen there was no-one around, left a timed explosive, transported Picard away and run at top speed back to the Enterprise.

Jiraiya definitely should not have died, there was no point in that. He was tooo cool. :( He should have been injured, or like anything to get Naruto angry but not dead.

Also I think that Asuma should not have died. He and Shikamaru woulda made such a sick team!

Jiraiya definitely should not have died, there was no point in that. He was tooo cool. :( He should have been injured, or like anything to get Naruto angry but not dead.

Also I think that Asuma should not have died. He and Shikamaru woulda made such a sick team!

Asuma's death was almost nessesary for the story to continue. It defined the character of Shikimaru more and led to the awesome second fight scene, plus it got Naruto to show off his new move in a cool way. So though Asuma was pretty awesome, he was never a main character and was made in order to die.

I don't think Naruto vs. Nagato would've carried as much meaning had Nagato not killed Jiraiya. It was all so perfect, student killing teacher. It clearly defined Naruto from Nagato, good from evil. What I don't agree with is the way they are "resurrecting" these characters. If they are dead, they should stay dead. Like Nana in Elfen Lied, once Lucy chopped of her arms and legs, she should of died/been dead (and Bando after Lucy took out his eyes/limbs).

• 2 weeks later...