Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

On 7/15/2020 at 12:35 AM, Koby said:

I suggest people go watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 instead as it's superior all around.

I can't comment on Japan Sinks yet, but Tokyo Magnitude is definitely underappreciated. The conclusion is a bit on the mawkish side, but it's a very good show if you're in the mood for that.

And on the topic of School Days... It's not a great show by any means, but it gets some props for simply being different. If you'd put a gun to my head I'd certainly choose to rewatch School Days over watching another lifeless Love Hina clone... Harem shows are basically all the same. If you've seen one, you've seen them all.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica & the movies last week.

Did it live up to the hype? I'd say... yes. Yes it did.

It's a part of the 'darker toned' magical girl genre that's been going on recently. I guess? Either way it's pretty decent. That Movie 3 ending though... but I suppose I can accept it. Mostly because the 'demon' is pretty much dead/neutralized. lol.

So yeah. It was as good as people were saying it was.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished the new(er) Code Geass stuff. Akito the Exiled and Lelouch of the Resurrection. Akito the Exiled WAS SO DAMN GOOD. It really was. Every part of it was just OUTSTANDING and AMAZING. IMO it's even better than the series.

The movie... I don't know how to describe it. Which isn't necessarily a good thing. lol. Kind of 'blah.' Some things didn't make sense either. Though apparently that's because the movie versions did things slightly differently than the anime versions so that's probably why and only Resurrection was dubbed which still makes no sense to me. Oh well. I guess. Do I recommend it? Sure if you want more Code Geass content. Just don't expect too much.

Edited by CardGames

• 3 weeks later...

I finished Serial Experiments Lain today.

Yeah... I don't know what to say. Literally. At all.

I didn't understand what the hell was going on from start to finish. I think that's the point though? Or maybe I'm wrong. Who knows anymore. lol.

It was quite the ride though. I'll admit at least that much. I enjoyed it for what it was I suppose.

Do I recommend it? Sure I guess. If you like stuff that makes no sense and is technically a 'mind fuck' lol

• 3 weeks later...

I finished Fractale today. Unfortunately... I still can't really say all that much about it. It's not as bad as the MAL reviews want you to believe. But I'd say it's not really the greatest either. So I guess 'mediocre' is the right word to use in this situation but even that word can have a negative connotation to it.

Originally I scored it on my personal MAL as a 7/10. I never changed it and I probably won't. To me that seems about right. A 7/10. Take that however you want. As always it's always up to the individual if they choose to watch an anime or not.

• 4 weeks later...

I finished Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt today. This anime... was stupid and lewd. But also stupidly funny as well. So overall... I'd say it was about average. There wasn't really any plot to it until like the final 2 episodes.

Then they act like there's going to be another season and yet there clearly won't be and somehow I feel like that's a good thing.

Oh well I guess. Not sure what I'll watch next honestly. I'm running out of ideas and probably stuff to watch again too.

• 2 years later...

Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre

I've been a big fan of Ito's manga for a very long time now and I like most of the adaptations. A lot of viewers took issue with Horror Collection & Maniac, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. I watched with friends ranging from familiar with his work to completely unaware & we all enjoyed it. It's an anthology series again, so you get a fresh story & characters every 12 minutes or so most of the time. If you simply hate the art style & production value, however, there's no saving the show for you! Give it a try

Finally completed Attack on Titan after all these many years. Everyone kept talking about their disappointment with the manga ending and hoping the anime would change it and then being disappointed because it didn't... but I don't get it. I thought the ending was great and these final few parts much better than the past few seasons we got. It's nice to have some closure. An actual ending is rare in the anime community as so many anime end up being stopped before completion, only to give the "go read the manga" bit.

• 1 month later...

Recently got around to watching Zankyou no Terror after having it on the backlog for a while. Enjoyed it overall, and it really reminded me of some older cat and mouse titles like CG. Liked the way they developed 12.

triste.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Arisien said:

The Suzumiya Haruhi film. I found it a great finale to the story, with a nice payoff for some of the plot points introduced in the 2009 series.

I'm thinking about re-watching the series for the first time around 15 years. A couple songs from the rock performance scene was fire. Remembered glimpsing at it for the first time discovering Haruhi Suzumiya, when I catch my bro watching it on Youtube. Can't wait to get nostalgic l-o-lz..  I never watched the next season after this, here goes my chance. After I'm currently dealing with K-On season 2. 

• Like 1