Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Dragon Ball Super has finally finished it's run on Toonami.

I don't get all of the hate honestly. I really don't.

I, for one, loved this series. Not just bits and parts either. I pretty much loved all of it. Was the best season the last one? Universal Survival? Yes. It was. But the other seasons were good in their own unique ways as well.

I think I already miss it. lol. 😢

I really do hope they do another series or something. But clearly just me obviously. 😅

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished watching the Digimon Tri Movies. I watched Movie 4 on Friday, Movie 5 yesterday, and Movie 6 today.

Honestly... I liked them. A LOT. Each of them good in their own, unique, individual ways. They also developed each of the characters a bit better than they did with the original series IMO.

The best Movies were Movie 3 & Movie 6.

Although with this I'm pretty much out of Digimon content until either Survive, Kizuna dub or Adventure reboot dub. Unless I watch Appmon I guess.

Not a lot of people liked them but that doesn't matter to me because I did like them.

I strongly recommend the Movies. Yes all of them. But you can do whatever you want obviously.

Not sure what I'll do now...

Edited by CardGames

• 3 weeks later...

Sword Art Online Alicization War of Underworld S1 finished airing on Toonami last night. It's unknown when S2 will air because it hasn't even started airing in Japan yet I think.

It's also unknown what, if anything, will replace it on Toonami. Most likely, once again, due to COVID situation. Next week is a ridiculous DBZ Kai marathon.

As for the season itself... pretty decent overall.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CardGames said:

Demon Slayer finished it's run on Toonami.

Yeah... best anime I've watched since Attack on Titan. I'm hoping for another season eventually. For now... I wait a year+ for the movie. 😒

Not sure if you know much about the manga or not, but just an fyi if you don't...

The manga is officially ending in Japan this month. It'll have 205 chapters total. This first season adapted 54 of those chapters. While the upcoming movie will adapt the rest of chapter 54 on through to 69. So basically 136 chapters left to adapt. Which means we could see 2 more 24-26 episode seasons & a movie or possibly 3 more 24-26 episode seasons if they choose to actually continue the anime to the end of the manga (which I hope they do).

19 hours ago, Koby said:

Not sure if you know much about the manga or not, but just an fyi if you don't...

The manga is officially ending in Japan this month. It'll have 205 chapters total. This first season adapted 54 of those chapters. While the upcoming movie will adapt the rest of chapter 54 on through to 69. So basically 136 chapters left to adapt. Which means we could see 2 more 24-26 episode seasons & a movie or possibly 3 more 24-26 episode seasons if they choose to actually continue the anime to the end of the manga (which I hope they do).

I certainly hope so. It would be one of the few series to actually cover everything in anime format.

• 4 weeks later...

I finished the Danganronpa animes last week. Danganronpa: The Animation and the two Danganronpa 3 animes. Despair Arc and Future Arc.

Honestly... they were pretty good. Are the games better? Of course they are. But that always seem to be the case. Regardless the animes actually showed some things and explained some things that the games didn't. So I'd say watching the animes is a good idea if you want to get a full picture of the Danganronpa story. But play the games too. lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lonewolfe187 said:

I just finished School Days today and its as cancerous as everyone said it would be as my morbid curiosity got the better of me. 

I'm in the vocal minority in that I actually very much enjoyed it back in the day when I initially watched it, mostly because of the shock factor and doing something anime typically doesn't have the guts to do.

I finished Burst Angel yesterday. This one... wasn't all that great honestly. I'm not saying it was awful. I guess it was just... mediocre. That's the best/nicest way I can come up with to describe it.

To much fanservice and I was pretty much confused the whole series in terms of 'what the hell is going on.'

Oh well I guess. On the next.... 😓

I finished "Isekai Cheat Magician" and "The Promised Neverland".
Isekai was in the same vibe as any fighters/magicians here to save the world (felt a little bit like Magic).
I really enjoyed it and the way they use magic.

The Promised Neverland was a great and nice surprise to watch.
I was in it the whole time, I was really bound tot he characters and the storyline.
Now I need to wait for season 2 😛

1 hour ago, papill6n6 said:

I finished "Isekai Cheat Magician" and "The Promised Neverland".
Isekai was in the same vibe as any fighters/magicians here to save the world (felt a little bit like Magic).
I really enjoyed it and the way they use magic.

The Promised Neverland was a great and nice surprise to watch.
I was in it the whole time, I was really bound tot he characters and the storyline.
Now I need to wait for season 2 😛

Isekai Cheat Magician was generic as it could be, but despite that it was enjoying to watch at least.

Promised Neverland was excellent. Hyped for season 2.

Recently finished Japan Sinks: 2020 and well my thoughts are basically: Crappy animation, rushed plot in order to fit 10 episodes, and character deaths without any sort of character development leaves the show feeling void of any emotional impact. Average series at best. I suggest people go watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 instead as it's superior all around.