What book did you last read, currently reading, or will read next?

Citizenmanman

Last read: A Dance With Dragons, #5 in the Song of Ice and Fire Series, by George R. R. Martin. Not my favorite of the series (Clash of Kings was, haha), but it's definitely up to par with the other books. 4/5 stars.

Currently reading: The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green. I started this book immediately after finishing ADWD this morning, and I'm halfway through already. It's engaging, but seems to be a YA work. Quick read. The language flows nicely though, like the narrator is literally speaking to the reader. 3/5 stars, so far. I've heard the ending is killer though.

Will read next: I haven't decided yet! I was going to read Les Miserables. But I'm not sure I want to get into another 1300+ page book so soon after just finishing ADWD. I have a few quick steampunk novels, some Lovecraft, and some Stephen King I haven't read yet that I might read first. As much as I want to start Les Mis, it's such a big commitment.

Last Read: In the past week or two I've read the entire Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson, a couple of Terry Pratchett books and finally Across the Nightingale Floor by Liam Hearn. Ah yes, the wonders of a Kindle.

Currently Reading: Just started on Green Mars, the sequel to Red Mars. Also reading Grass for his Pillow, which is the sequel to Liam Hearn's one. Also reading John Milton's Paradise Lost in snippets here and there.

Will read next: I have no idea. I'll finish both the Mars Trilogy and the Tales of the Otori most likely. After that I don't know whether I'll read the Ender Saga or try out Scott Westerfield's Leviathan Trilogy. Heck, I might see if I can find a definitive collection of Arthur C. Clarke's novels and shorts, or I might just read some more Terry Pratchett. We'll see I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read three Postsecret Books, which was not very difficult since they are mostly pictures and generally only have one or two sentences per page. And then I read This Is A Book By Demetri Martin.

Next on my list I have some more humour and random stuff.

Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey

Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls

The 2,548 Wittiest Things Anybody Ever Said (I think I will start reading this tonight. I like funny things.)

And then I have books on writing that I will read last.

The Complete Writer's Guide to Heroes & Heroines: Sixteen Master Archetypes

The Elements of Expression: Putting Thoughts Into Words

Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure

I have discovered it is much easier for me to consume non-fiction books than it is for me to consume fiction books. I am a terrible person.

Last read: Jaws by Peter Benchley. Jaws is my favorite movie ever, and I finally got around to reading the book. While the book was good, I think the movie was better. 3/5

Currently reading: Velocity by Dean Koontz. I had forgotten how much I love Dean Koontz! His writing is lovely. I'm only 18% in (I read on a Kindle, so yes, percent), but it's pretty interesting so far.

Will read next: Possibly Stardust by Neil Gaiman, then Under the Dome by Stephen King. I like a short palette-cleanser between suspense novels, haha.

Stephen King is my guilty pleasure. I've read him growing up. His are pretty much the only books I will consume without question, even if I've already read them or everyone else hates it.

2,548 is a giant quote book, but it is going by quickly. I like the way it's set up too--instead of alphabetical, it's ordered by subject and follows a natural progression. I think after this I'll start in on Odd Girl Out. I don't want to read a heavy book and then start in on my writing books without something in between. My head will probably explode.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last read: Divas Las Vegas - Belinda Jones (I somehow connected with the main character because she faces the same troubles as me)

Currently reading: Nightfall - Stephen Leather (It's okay so far but does not do justice to its summary)

Will be reading: Can't remember the name but it's all about the paranormal anyways.

Last book: The Great Gatsby- I wanted to read this before going to see the movie since it was never required reading in any of my classes in high school. It was fantastic, so much so that I regret not reading it before now.

Currently reading: Dracula, Treasure Island, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I Hate You, Don't Leave Me. (I've got attention span issues when it comes to reading one book at a time)

Next books: Probably will be Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, and World War Z. I'll pick them up in turn as I finish what I'm already reading. 

• 2 weeks later...