The SOTW Banner....

Kid Ryan

guess making it smaller would be better, I don't think koby can do much else

Koby can make it dismissible. I just used the Page Source to check and it is on the forum as a notice. Notices in vB can be selected to be dismissible i the Notices Manager, unless that isn't an option in vB 3.8, which seems to be what Koby uses to run the forum.

As I said before, it is perfectly fine on my screen and my monitor's resolution is at 1024 x 768. I have no problems with it whatsoever.

Yeah, I don't see any problem with it either. If anything, it's good for the forums since now we can attract more GFXers to the SOTW, not that there was a lack to begin with.

It's been fixed now (thankfully). I dunno if you saw it before, but it was huge. Now it's smaller.

I also think it's a good to have, though. I love it.

Why don't you just use an adblocker to block the banner. I'm not sure what browser you are using but firefox with noscript and adblocker blocked the banners from the start. If in chrome try AdBlock, it doesn't block them automatically but you can right click on the banner then go down to adblock and set it to block. AdBlock will pretty much let you block the whole site if you really wanted to, so I'd watch what you are setting it to block. It will block it out and then give an "are you sure" dialog box when you first set it to block something.

Why don't you just use an adblocker to block the banner. I'm not sure what browser you are using but firefox with noscript and adblocker blocked the banners from the start. If in chrome try AdBlock, it doesn't block them automatically but you can right click on the banner then go down to adblock and set it to block. AdBlock will pretty much let you block the whole site if you really wanted to, so I'd watch what you are setting it to block. It will block it out and then give an "are you sure" dialog box when you first set it to block something.

It is not the banner that people are compaling about. It is the SOTW window below the banner that they are complaining about. It is only less than 100pixels high and stretches across the screen.

It is not the banner that people are compaling about. It is the SOTW window below the banner that they are complaining about. It is only less than 100pixels high and stretches across the screen.

Yes, I was talking about the SOTW window right below the banner picture.

I want an option to hide/close THAT!!!

It's not the skin, you must have blocked the wrong part. Go into AdBlock options where the list of blocked ads is and make sure it has forums.kametsu.com##DIV[class=navbar_notice] inside it. If it's not there then click the edit button and just past it in. Don't forget to save it afterwards.

That should be the one that blocks the SOTW content. I just tried it with the other skin as well and it still works so all you should need is to add that rule to your AdBlock filter list.