Gas Prices going down?

cloud1414

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this, but gas has been going down day after day. Yesterday it was $3.29 a gallon and not today when i was walking to up get some lunch, gas was $3.09 a gallon. I live in Ohio i dont know if its the same anywhere else. But i was like o_0 OMG! at this rate gas will be under $3 again :)

Lets just hope a snowflake doesnt make it skyrocket to $4 again. :P

Do you think all of this is happening due to the stocks going down? Thats what i've heard. I hope it goes lower for all our sakes. I dont drive but it would still make my family and friends alot happier haha :P

I don't really know what to think about it.. a while back the news was saying gas would be over $5 a gallon by the end of the year. So this had to have been some big surprise or something major happened to cause it to shoot down.

At the moment I don't drive either as my truck needs some new tires ($500) which I cannot afford. I'm also trying to sell it though to get something more gas efficient. My truck gets about 18 MPG.

it'll rise up again. You've got to face the reality, oil is becoming a scarce resource in the world. Simple economics shows that, when supply decreases and Demand increases (more and more people using vehicles, etc), then the price will increase.

But i guess certain elements from governement and 3rd party intervention is bringing oil prices down. Such elements would possibly include:

- removing taxes on petrol prices.

- subsidies by the government to decrease petrol prices

- LPG fuel becoming more commonly used.

- Smart cars (electric cars, hydrogen cars, etc).

That, and people are probably not using the car as often.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Over here in Ohio it's about $1.50

It's very convenient because I don't have a job and I have to pay for my own gas.

I also have a little Toyota Corolla and it doesn't take much to fill it up! ^^

I hated when it was up to $4.80

It was a pain. Now since it's down I can afford Christmas presents. ^^

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...