• Cat
    • Fish
    • Rabbit
    • Mouse
    • Ferret
    • Chinchilla
    • Snake
    • Other

I disagree that cats aren't smart enough to understand sadness. Most should be able to tell when things aren't normal with their owners, and the more time you spend with them, the more information they have to be able to tell when things aren't normal.

I was very frustrated the night before I left for basic and my cat stayed by my side through the night. When Java was staying in the hospital, Willis would sleep on his side of the bed and keep me company.

I disagree that cats aren't smart enough to understand sadness. Most should be able to tell when things aren't normal with their owners, and the more time you spend with them, the more information they have to be able to tell when things aren't normal.

I was very frustrated the night before I left for basic and my cat stayed by my side through the night. When Java was staying in the hospital, Willis would sleep on his side of the bed and keep me company.

My old cat marudaun did notice that I was going to leave. However cats don't normally smother you like a dog does. A dog will lick you to death while a cat will just sleep by you. I do pay attention to my cat but the best thing is I don't have to walk him every few hours, I work way to much to be able to do that.

However cats don't normally smother you like a dog does. A dog will lick you to death while a cat will just sleep by you. 

I think this depends on the breed of cat or dog. When my cat isn't sleeping, he is either climbing on me or following me around the house. My sister's cat is the exact opposite, she doesn't care if you give her attention or not. She does her own thing, which is usually strutting around the house with an attitude.

However cats don't normally smother you like a dog does. A dog will lick you to death while a cat will just sleep by you. 

I think this depends on the breed of cat or dog. When my cat isn't sleeping, he is either climbing on me or following me around the house. My sister's cat is the exact opposite, she doesn't care if you give her attention or not. She does her own thing, which is usually strutting around the house with an attitude.

My cat Tyrone is VERY jumpy make an unexpected noise and hes is gone. He will just sleep next to you, lick you to death and rub your hand when he is tired. Muraduan was a little brat that would attack my feet from under my bed every morning and jump on me. She peed on my bed when I moved. But yeah very different personality's. I got my cat Tyrone to be okay around dogs, but any pet, cat or dog he always hisses at for a few days then gets to know them and they are the best of friends. My brother has a dog and they play a lot.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...