do you believe aliens created us

Leviathan87

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Damn. I clearly need to do more physics reading. Very well written indeed.

Why thank you good sir, thats what I intended...

I do notice that so far no one has given their views for the subject. I'd like to hear from Naito (thread starter) as I believe he would shed some light on the theories involved. Come on dude! Defend thy beliefs!!

As to before, no worries about the mistakes DuLake, most people make it. I did too way back when, its a common pitfall. Now you know, so no worries! XD

well technically we have found alien bacteria on meteorites, though a microscopic level of alien life, still alien life. I really think you have to be very small minded to not even consider there are other forms of "intelligent" life out in the great big universe.

Now for the discussion.. umm someone been watching ancient aliens lately?:) hehe I love that show, but do you mean created entirely or genetically altered?

I don't think either one, but I speculate (evolved and intellectual) aliens have possibly visited earth at one point or another in time.

well technically we have found alien bacteria on meteorites, though a microscopic level of alien life, still alien life. I really think you have to be very small minded to not even consider there are other forms of "intelligent" life out in the great big universe.

Now for the discussion.. umm someone been watching ancient aliens lately?:) hehe I love that show, but do you mean created entirely or genetically altered?

I don't think either one, but I speculate (evolved and intellectual) aliens have possibly visited earth at one point or another in time.

Erm, I have to stop you there. We found evidence of bacterial life. But not the actual life itself. I we had found life, no matter how small, I would have been the headlines for a few weeks to say the least.

As to the small minded bit. I adhere more to the Rare Earth theory, that the neccesary conditions for the evolution of intelligent beings is extremely rare. The evolution of humanity was a fluke of nature in any case, what with all the small conditions playing out correctly. Between ice ages and extinction events, diseases and etc. we resulted from the small crack in the works.

Finally either or is the question of the thread. That aliens directly altered/created us.

Honestly, I pretty well echo Rune on this one.

It seems to me that intelligence is a markedly human invention, and a complete fluke of evolution. If aliens do exist, and can cognate, it's highly likely that it's in a completely different way, and, probably, far less adventuresome or creative as humans (not to brag, but pragmatically we do adventure and create). To assume that aliens would act in the same way as humans (go somewhere and do something) seems like conjecture to me.

I think we agree in that there is a possibility for aliens, but I don't see the need to think to heavily about it until some evidence is found. The chance of them being vastly superior technologically to us is just as likely (if not less likely) to them being vastly behind us in technology, so I'm not sure why I should believe that they have remarkably sneaky spaceships that only a few people have seen. Seems more likely to me that they'd probably be sitting on their own planet and we'd never end up meeting each other.

It is possible, the fact that we're still unsure where our species came from pretty much opens all doors for those questions. But even if it were true its pointless to think about it, it would be comparable to penguins thinking about quantum physics, they can't understand it and most likely never will. But i'd rather believe in aliens than wine-making hippie magicians, fo' show.

If I were to throw my two cents in I'd say that while improbable, it isn't totally impossible that aliens directly affected evolution on this planet and helped us come to be as an intelligent species.

But I have no personal belief either way. I don't think it is likely but I don't see that as a reason to disbelieve it. So I'm on the fence with that concept.

I do however believe that there definitely is other intelligent life in the universe. With how unimaginably huge the universe is, even if there was only a 0.0000001% chance of intelligent life forming, because of the size of the universe it is statistically unlikely that there isn't other intelligent life out there.

I also believe that it is possible that advanced life could of been here before. I believe that is it possible that our ancestors described what they actually saw to the best of their ability and that ancient "gods" were actually just aliens. I mean if ancient man were to see a jet or something I'm sure they wouldn't describe it as a jet but more as some sort of large metallic monster. Same if ancient man were to see a space shuttle land and people come out they'd probably think they were god, "beings from the sky" so to speak.

Okay, well . . . I'm not ENTIRELY sure about the whole aliens created us. But I do have a rather good ((actually . . . rather POSITIVE)) feeling that they exist. Because if you think about it, say that we go to another planet, we're technically called "aliens". So in a matter of . . . speaking ((if that's how you say it)), they do exist. I personally think this kind of topic is rather similar to "Did aliens help create the pyramids?" thing. I honestly think it's one of those "You have to wait and see" kind of things.

Now I am getting slightly off topic with this question, but I do state a good point. If aliens didn't exist, why is there a name ((word)) for such things? Same goes for witches, vampires, werewolves, lycans, and ghosts? If they truly don't exist, we wouldn't have names for them.

Also, it's rather . . . it does seem to be . . . I guess you can say rather improbably and unreasonable to say that planet Earth is the ONLY planet with life. There's at least one - two planets in every solar system that has life. It just . . . doesn't make any sense. If we have ALL of these planets out there, why would only ONE planet have life?

Now as Avith ((I think that's their username?)) said, just because we haven't found PROOF doesn't mean they don't exist. That's just stupid, unreasonable, and makes no sense if you tell me.

-

And just to give a heads up, I do indeed apologize for slightly going off topic. :(

Okay, well . . . I'm not ENTIRELY sure about the whole aliens created us. But I do have a rather good ((actually . . . rather POSITIVE)) feeling that they exist. Because if you think about it, say that we go to another planet, we're technically called "aliens". So in a matter of . . . speaking ((if that's how you say it)), they do exist. I personally think this kind of topic is rather similar to "Did aliens help create the pyramids?" thing. I honestly think it's one of those "You have to wait and see" kind of things.

Now I am getting slightly off topic with this question, but I do state a good point. If aliens didn't exist, why is there a name ((word)) for such things? Same goes for witches, vampires, werewolves, lycans, and ghosts? If they truly don't exist, we wouldn't have names for them.

Also, it's rather . . . it does seem to be . . . I guess you can say rather improbably and unreasonable to say that planet Earth is the ONLY planet with life. There's at least one - two planets in every solar system that has life. It just . . . doesn't make any sense. If we have ALL of these planets out there, why would only ONE planet have life?

Now as Avith ((I think that's their username?)) said, just because we haven't found PROOF doesn't mean they don't exist. That's just stupid, unreasonable, and makes no sense if you tell me.

-

And just to give a heads up, I do indeed apologize for slightly going off topic. :(

Well, i must admit this post is pretty confusing. You jump from subject to subject in the space of a few words. But I'll try to address your arguement to the best that I understand.

First, the idea of us visiting other planets, while intriguing, is still a long way off. But, we would not be aliens, we would be visitors (a recurring word in any UFOlogist, making the distinction between something that stays, and something that just visits) as terraforming probably wouldn't be economically viable. This is the same reason why I doubt aliens, if they did visit, would not have made direct contact with us. The Earth's atmosphere is different to other planets, so it stands to reason the alien's homeworld has a different atmosphere.

The second part in bold; are you serious? You are actually using the origin of words, and throwing mythical creatures into the mix, to prove that aliens exist. Wow. The word alien was originally what you called a foreigner to clarify, and is still used in various countries worldwide. Japan for instance uses the word gaijin, which translates literally to alien, for all foreign folks. Also, words like that exist for no other reason than fiction and good storytelling. Pterodactethrope. There. Thats a mythical creature, half man, half pterodactyl that I just made the name for. See how easy it was.

The third and final part; that is complete speculation, and very VERY far from the truth. All evidence we have points to the rarity of Earth-like atmospheres. Exoplanets are more commonly gas giants, small rocky (mercury, pluto) and the odd furnace liike planet (similar to venus, but normally bigger). Thus, bacterial life in such place is limited to very hardly extremophiles of which we have no proof. The probability of there being inteligent life is slim to say the least. Rare Earth theory, you should read it.

Sorry if i strayed a wee bit off topic, but i feel i have addressed those points as much as i feel neccesary.

^

|

|

What I meant was beings like ourselves. Not bacteria. And yes, I do realize that I was confusing here and there. And what you said about the atmosphere of this planet. It's kind of like what I said, there's at least one, if not . . . two, planet in every solar system that has (human) life on it. I was saying that with the whole witches, vampires, etc as an example. Because a lot of people say "Oh, aliens don't exist." Well, if they don't exist, why do we have names for them? That's what I wanted to pointed out. I wasn't proving anything. The thing is, there IS no proof. And just because there's NO proof doesn't mean they don't exist.

-

Now there are people who do believe that us humans actually originated from Mars. In which, some scientists are still working on that to see if it's true or not. Not every race thinks the same. Say that there is life on another planet, they might think of themselves as humans or something ((this is just an example, by the way)). They might think of us as aliens. Just because we're human to us ((obviously)) and they're aliens to us, doesn't mean they're gonna INSTANTLY assume the same thing. So shouldn't you ((actually, the scientists)) say that we're ALL visitors instead of aliens? I think that's rather rude and being bias. That's just me, though.

In an infinite of space, it is highly unlikely that humans are the only sentient race to have evolved. Thus, we can accept the idea that there are "aliens" on other worlds far from us. Are they likely to call themselves humans? No. It is much more likely that they speak their own language, and call themselves something entirely different. Do I believe we were created by aliens? I'm afraid I have to say no to that as well. I just don't see them taking so many years to bring a ship here, plant the seeds of life, and then wander off without coming back to check on us.

^

|

|

What I meant was beings like ourselves. Not bacteria. And yes, I do realize that I was confusing here and there. And what you said about the atmosphere of this planet. It's kind of like what I said, there's at least one, if not . . . two, planet in every solar system that has (human) life on it. I was saying that with the whole witches, vampires, etc as an example. Because a lot of people say "Oh, aliens don't exist." Well, if they don't exist, why do we have names for them? That's what I wanted to pointed out. I wasn't proving anything. The thing is, there IS no proof. And just because there's NO proof doesn't mean they don't exist.

-

Now there are people who do believe that us humans actually originated from Mars. In which, some scientists are still working on that to see if it's true or not. Not every race thinks the same. Say that there is life on another planet, they might think of themselves as humans or something ((this is just an example, by the way)). They might think of us as aliens. Just because we're human to us ((obviously)) and they're aliens to us, doesn't mean they're gonna INSTANTLY assume the same thing. So shouldn't you ((actually, the scientists)) say that we're ALL visitors instead of aliens? I think that's rather rude and being bias. That's just me, though.

Hm? What do you mean? I ask, the first bold part, where did you get that?

I already explained what the original meaning of the word alien was, and I can even tell you the first instance of it being used in this context. It was during the War of the Worlds, as before that no one explored the idea of little green men and the likes.

Again, I ask, where did you get that little tidbit of erroneous information? It is proven that most planets are small rockys and gas giants, as I previously stated and the odd few that are found to be of the correct size often have furnace atmospheres or no atmosphere at all. Normally they are out of the Goldie Locks Belt and/or are getting pelted by serious amounts of radiation. All of which can't support our current idea of intelligent life. Bacteria probably, but complex life as we know it needs the culmination of thousands of variables, just to allow us to breathe. Again, I point towards the Rare Earth theory, as I feel you didn't read it.

Lastly, some people believe our first cellular ancestors MAY have come from Mars due to evidence of there having been water, but no evidence has been found. Those that say they can prove that, are speaking pure bullcrap as psuedo science has no place in an intelligent conversation. In fact, Mars is a good example of the Rare Earth theory as it is extremely similar to Earth yet a few small factors mean it is a wasteland and Earth is what it is.

I explain this all from the view of a physicist, so unless logic or science is used I will comment on it. If this came off as insulting then I'm sorry, but that is the way I am and I don't like false "facts".

Damn, I feel like a came to this party WAY too late. So. . . Uh. . . What Anras said. Again. :embarrassed:

I have to give you credit though, Alt. I don't think I've ever seen somebody defend something so fervently without evidence that they used their lack of evidence to prove the point. That takes something special alright.

I dont know what on earth you are talking about but my best guess'll be that aliens could've created us but... where the hell are they now did they die? did they leave? if so then why did they leave?

From what I can glean they only created us until the chosen one came into being, and, once they had secured Elvis, they took him to their home world as a kind of god.