Light vs L vs Lelouch...... most intelligent?

RazorDan

The most intelligent?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. The most intelligent?

• Lelouch
    • L
    • Light
    • None of them are particularly smart
    • All equally smart

Come on, you can't really compare *achievements* between those 3 guys! L has NO super-power-special-ability!!!!!

@TheLostFool: "Intelligence does nothing for those who are already dead". Really? People's ideals must be really messed up if they think that staying alive is the biggest feat. The film 300 is based on a true story. About 300 men chose to die, thus saving their homeland - do you think they were not intelligent enough because they died? Even if their actions hand't served their purpose, this doesn't mean they were not rightfully done!

Comparing intelligence has to do with comparing their way of thinking, not what happened. It's their labyrinth of thoughts that produces their actions that you should look out for, not the outcome. For instance, one plans a masterful theft, but on that day a big earthquake happens and he dies from it. This doesn't have to do with his intelligence.

Another thing to consider is if you are trying to achieve something very hard, and you fail by a close margin, doesn't make you less smart from someone who achieves something easy...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, you can't really compare *achievements* between those 3 guys! L has NO super-power-special-ability!!!!!

@TheLostFool: "Intelligence does nothing for those who are already dead". Really? People's ideals must be really messed up if they think that staying alive is the biggest feat. The film 300 is based on a true story. About 300 men chose to die, thus saving their homeland - do you think they were not intelligent enough because they died? Even if their actions hand't served their purpose, this doesn't mean they were not rightfully done!

Comparing intelligence has to do with comparing their way of thinking, not what happened. It's their labyrinth of thoughts that produces their actions that you should look out for, not the outcome. For instance, one plans a masterful theft, but on that day a big earthquake happens and he dies from it. This doesn't have to do with his intelligence.

Another thing to consider is if you are trying to achieve something very hard, and you fail by a close margin, doesn't make you less smart from someone who achieves something easy...

Please, if you are going to source something then get it right. 300 is based on the Battle of Thermopylae. They all died and then their homeland was overrun, its just that years later they were finally beaten back. Also, many of those people deserted before the last stand, and those in the last stand were outflanked and could not retreat. So, how intelligent are they now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

LOL. Its easy to die, anyone can make a plan and die in the process. But remaining alive is a lot harder when faced with such grand schemes. Secondly, as I stated in my original post I based my view on the fact that out of the 3 ONLY Lelouch was able to complete what he set out to do. While the other two fail and died. I understand there are a lot of fanboys who just love L and think he is the best thing under the sun, but at the end of the day he fail and was killed. And by the way neither of them died by freak accidents, they were killed by another. So your remarks about a big earthquake are utterly senseless. Furthermore L had the backing of different powerful organizations from the beginning, not to mention his so called "intelligence" would those not be on par with super powers? I tend to think so, batman was a super hero, and he didn't have super powers.

And I can't believe you just brought up the movie 300, as the post after yours states. It is a completely inaccurate retelling of history. I can't believe you base your argument off of a hollywood movie. lol I say Freud you say the movie 300.. lol

Also being intelligent in my eyes isn't just making a master plan, it is carrying it out as well. You can come up with a brilliant plan, but if it ends up getting you killed in the process sure seems it isn't as brilliant as one might think. And again compared to what L, Light, and Lelouch set out to do, Lelouch has the far greater task in difficulty. And again he is the only one who ACTUALLY completed his task.

lol so really? lol

Lelouche is immortal, he couldn't have died. Therefore your whole basis is rather null.

Also L had a disadvantage that both Lelouche and Light didn't have. He had figured everything out but he had to work through due process of the law regardless. Had he been outside the law as both Lelouche and Light were, there would have been not much story when the series ended in a matter of episodes. To top if off, you're basing this on an anime-original ending. Both the Live-Action and the manga from what I'm told ended differently.

Not to mention L had Light to tend with just as Light had L to tend with both of which could be seen has highly intelligent compared to just about every one else in the series. Lelouche had no one with any such brains to tend with aside from one guy who was only half-way at having a brain and only really made an appearance in the final battle (Schneizel el Britannia) and all it took to beat Schneizel is the same old strategy he used over and over such as against Mao because he couldn't come up with anything else to try.

Also your other point is again null. Why? Because Lelouche did not plan out what his task/plan/whatever was until the very end and on top of it all he just kind of lucked into it (you can't tell me Lelouche knew all the way from season one that he'd become immortal and be able to pull off such a stunt). So the end result was actually not really of his own doings. He thought out strategies before each battle yes, but he never had an overall master plan, and he was shown to be incapable of keeping his cool, having anger issues, and completely unable to adapt or plan on the spot. Honestly even Kallen was in the same league as Lelouche when it comes to brains and we all know she was really only there for the fanservice.

Lemming & Thelostfool, you do not know enough about the battle of Thermopylae. I used the movie 300 as an example, because people only know about it and not the real story. I won't go into detail to describe you why only 300 (they were more in fact) men gathered up to fight there, but the moment they left Sparta (most of them were from Sparta) it was a suicide, as the opposing forces were about 100 times bigger. A suicide for a bigger purpose - they delayed the Persians long enough for the dominant Greek cities to understand they had to unite in order to beat them. This happened the very same year at the naval battle of Salamina - a very decisive battle for the war that indeed ended 10 years later. You also said that their homeland was overrun - this is a critical error you make here. Athens was overrun, not Sparta. People on the battle of Thermopylae were NOT from Athens! In fact Athenians (most of them) listened to the oracles of Delfi and evacuated the city fighting at sea. This is a very brief and incomplete description of what happened.

The truth is that people decided to die, and it was a very clever and noble thing to do as they saved lives. However it is true is that my example takes us out of the point of discussion.

On the other hand, what Kobe says is true. It is really poor to compare the 'organizations behind L' with super powers..First of all, those organizations were gathered because L was too smart to begin with. Having a deathnote that leaves no trace, or a superpower to control people's minds is a huge advantage, on top of being smart.

Kobe's arguments say it all - I should have spent more time on arguments myself to be honest. L played by the rules, without any super power, only his brain. The other 2 did not. Still, i think that Lelouch seemed like a flawed young man with a bright mind and a superpower. Light was presented to sort of a genius, and L was just one click higher.

Just imagine what Light and Lelouch would have achieved without their abilities....

And really, death is not a factor of failure unless you got screwed up morals :-/

Usually the people who always survive, are not considered really intellectual - they are named differently..

wow this is a tough debate that i see. well lets come to my points of view. we all know Light, L, and Lelouch are brilliant but lets hypothetically see if they were to ever go against each other in Japan by intelligent wise and excluding all external factors like machines, powers, notebooks, etc.

WHO WOULD BE THE VICTOR?????????????????????????????

L

L is an absurd crazy a.s detective who solve cases that no one can manage to solve or if its a challenge that best fits him. In my case hes a just a detective like Sherlock Holmes who looks for evidence, will use statistical stages of plans, and thus capture his opponents red handed. The only down side about him is that he is too much dependent on his evidence and data than his self believe and so can overlook into some stuffs if his opponents are smart enough to plan out something that can lead L's evidence and data to a wrong path convicting to a wrong person or lead him to his end. (for example - if you input a wrong data into a computer then the end result would be a wrong output of that inputed data by the computer). Technically if Light or Lelouch are smart enough to not fall into his plans and find this small weak spot of his then they can easily get rid of him without a prob.

Light

Light is just a smart student who can plan out things almost perfectly and manipulate other people thoughts about him due to his innocent acts and his reputation as a brilliant student. But there is a BIG downside of him. He gets too overconfident in him self and does not look into other factors. Plus he sometimes make unnecessary decisions and actions that could lead him to his demise which is his main problem. So Light could possibly be caught in one of L's plan if he gets his temper up and motives too high.

Lelouch

Hes also a smart student as Light and loves his little sister very much and would do anything to protect her from harm. Hes almost an unbeatable opponent in chess but like as Light when he loses his temper he loses everything just like in a game of chess (one simple silly or overlooked mistake could end the game). He rarely makes any unnecessary decision and actions and so he'll be a tough competitor for L. In this scenario he could possibly last against Light but with L is uncertain. Lelouch is not a good at athletic and so cannot run away from L's plan if he falls into a trap by accident.

HENCE I CONCLUDE "L" TO BE THE VICTOR OF THIS SCENARIO AND SO IS THE MOST INTELLIGENT AGAINST LELOUCH AND LIGHT

Reasons - Ls just smart against these "kids", Light and Lelouch, as their main weak spot would be there self overconfidence and emotions. L would statistically plan out stages to capture his opponents by using their weak spots. Light will probably get caught in somewhere of L's side plans without knowing it due to his overconfidence and same thing for Lelouch.

As far as I see it, L is without question the most intelligent, though I was rooting for Light in Death Note. Light just makes too many mistakes, mostly from being emotional, that L would never fall into should he be in the same scenario. While I did enjoy Code Geass, Lelouch is nowhere near L (or Light for that matter) in my opinion.

Lelouch. Why? Well, he had the entire plan calculated from the beginning of what he was going to do, and changed it accordingly.

No he didn't. He rarely planned more than two steps at a time, and proved he was incapable of changing his plans. I guess you didn't bother actually watching the show.

Everyone got its own disadvantage and advatage:

But for me First Ranked is:

1. L - He is a world famous detective. L didnt have special powers to do tricks unlike Light..L got all the advantage on skills, intelligence, talent that's why Light was so eager to kill Him. In the end Shinigami killed L, which L got no chance against it..

2. Lelouch - known for being Professional in playing chess and being smart at school. He's intelligence is uncomparable between L and Light because Lelouch is a Military strategist...Lelouch is extremely smart on doing calculations thats his major advantage which helped him through all his battle..Defeating an Entire Empire which is next to impossible. He only got being dragged down by his feelings for nunally, his best friend, and betrayal of his father...Lelouch is my second choce since he didnt rely much on his Geass Power instead used more of his talents and intelligence.

3. Light - He was a really smart and intelligent character...But for me he was just a freak who relied too much with the power of his death note nothing else...He cant do a thing without his death note...As Light tried to kill L on the TV (EP3 or 5) He already admitted his defeat in killing a fake L which made Light just a mad man who wants to kill L...

That's my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Definitley Lelouch, anyone who says different is just wrong wrong wrong.

I Don't mean for players to be hating but honestly Light and L are not that smart compared to Lelouch.

We are talking about a kid who successfully took down a whole nation and rebuilded it, and while Light and L wer'e intelligent at what they wer'e doing, they didn't think it all through like Lelouch did.

Lelouch thought through every little step, and when something went wrong he thought a billion steps ahead (literally) and made backup plan after backup plan (and also in the end he achieved immortality) so honestly Lelouch is definitly the most intelligent.

Definitley Lelouch, anyone who says different is just wrong wrong wrong.

I Don't mean for players to be hating but honestly Light and L are not that smart compared to Lelouch.

We are talking about a kid who successfully took down a whole nation and rebuilded it, and while Light and L wer'e intelligent at what they wer'e doing, they didn't think it all through like Lelouch did.

Lelouch thought through every little step, and when something went wrong he thought a billion steps ahead (literally) and made backup plan after backup plan (and also in the end he achieved immortality) so honestly Lelouch is definitly the most intelligent.

Except for the fact you're wrong.

Lelouche never planned that far ahead at all. He was shown time and time again to be outwitted and when his plans went wrong he was unable to adapt and come up with another plan. As for the whole ending and immortality shit he all just lucked into that as he did with most of his battles thanks to duex-ex-machina and plot hax because of those in charge of writing it.

But I have to commend you for taking to time to try and give a proper response instead of spamming like so many before you who just come and post something like 'code geass rocks death note sucks' etc.