Who Likes Jiraya Sensei ? Is there any reason to hate him?

desai

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated how Jiraiya procrastinated on his novels causing Naruto to waste a lot of training time, but of course, I was routing heavily for Naruto when he was the underdog. So far, the only novel with relevance from The Great Toad Sage's prophecy was Tale of the Gutsy Ninja. What of the work on all his other novels? All for naught? At least Kakashi got enjoyment from them. And of course, the humor of watching Pervy Sage in action.

Jiraya-sensei is AMAZING. Enough said. Truthfully though, I didn't care for him at first. The whole perverted thing didn't seem to work for him...perhaps because of his age. And it seemed too much in the beginning. But once he started taking a liking to Naruto and helped him train and grow as a shinobi, I gained a lot of respect for him. And he'll always be a great "father figure/teacher" for Naruto.

There is also the issues as to whether or not "some", and I stress "some" of the perverted nature was a distraction so people did not expect too much of him. After all, he was willing to find Lady Sundadie instead of be Hokage himself.

There is also the issues as to whether or not "some", and I stress "some" of the perverted nature was a distraction so people did not expect too much of him. After all, he was willing to find Lady Sundadie instead of be Hokage himself.

So was it more a case of laziness when it came to leadership then? I could see that. Though if you look past "some" of that perverted nature, I think he'd be a good Hokage.

To be honest in the beginning I didn't really like him but he kind of grew on me as time went by. Now I really miss him. He was the strongest of the three Legendary Sannin as well and I feel we didn't really get to see much of his true potential until his final fight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...