Samurai Anime

I'd suggest sengoku Basara but it's a little crazy, and is based of real historical people but has no historical fact, and turns it all into giant explosions, when 2 samurai are fighting

and I agree whole heartedly ruroni Kenshin is a great anime also the movies as well

I highly recommend Samurai Champloo as a series (26 episodes) great cast of different characters, with good plot development and storyline along with some really good action.

A movie a would recommend is Sword Of The Stranger, great action, some of the best sword fighting animation I've seen. The characters are enjoyable too. The plot is fairly simple, but that doesn't hurt the movie whatsoever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

most have already been mentioned eg Kenshin, Champloo, Shigurui...

If you like Shinsengumi, may I recommend Peacemaker Kurogane?

There's also this one...i think it's called House of Five Leaves? something like that..

There's also the shoujo shinsengumi one....Hakuoki Shinsengumi Kitan, if that's your thing.

Couldn't stand that Rurouni Kenshin show. Seen that, Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7 and Shigurui.

Shigurui is by far the best damn samurai anime I've seen. Done in a very realistic manner. No long ass drawn out fights, the samurai exchange at most maybe 3 blows before someone is killed. No stupid theatrics, no children, no silly humor, none of that bullshit. Very graphic show. A very serious anime, can't recommend this enough. Just 12 episodes long.

Couldn't stand that Rurouni Kenshin show.

Shigurui is by far the best damn samurai anime I've seen. Done in a very realistic manner. No long ass drawn out fights, the samurai exchange at most maybe 3 blows before someone is killed. No stupid theatrics, no children, no silly humor, none of that bullshit. Very graphic show. A very serious anime, can't recommend this enough. Just 12 episodes long.

I'm just the opposite. I loved everything about Rurouni Kenshin.

As for Shigurui I actually dropped the show. I came back to it though and forced myself to complete it in hopes it got better but it did not. The story sucked, the characters were boring, and not a whole lot of anything ever happens. Wish I hadn't forced myself to complete it.

• 3 weeks later...