Updates on DB/DBZ/GT

Koga

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also seems the rumours were true, the Dragonball movie has been renamed Dragonball Evolution. This is on par with other activities by 20th Century Fox including:

Changing the plot drastically from the original story

Very little information released through official channels

Changing the release date (twice)

Changing the looks/personality/skin colour of the characters

Removing several characters including Krillen

Still no official website

General overall silence, showing a lack of respect for the fans

Whatever your opinions on this movie, Fox has failed and continues to fail each day through their silence.

I dunno what to think of this at the moment, though I'd be more surprised if it turns out to be really good. Judging from the trailer, some of the fightscenes appear to be quite cool, albeit looking incredibly fake. (I know it's fake, but if you look at the film Hero, for example, with Jet Li and Donnie Yen. The fight scenes in that have a very real look to them, despite them floating around and stuff.)

As for the story, I couldn't care less that it doesn't follow the original plot.

By the way, Piccollo looks ridiculous.

WTF they can't leave baldy out of the movie! O.o (Krillin)

I'm also not liking that they changed Goku's personality.. it just doesn't seem like Dragonball.. I mean Goku isn't suppose to be impressed by stuff like Bulma's vehicles coming from capsules, etc.. I miss his personality of being some innocent know-nothing. =P

But I do think Piccolo is looking better being a little green rather than gray.

All story and character personalities of Dragonball aside, I think the movie is shapping up better than expected.

• 2 months later...
Eh, it doesn't seem to be following the anime/manga from what I could kind of see from the trailer... but... I guess if the story is good enough and the fighting is awesome it will round out to be okay.

Here's to hoping...

Well, they did leave out Krillin..

I mean c'mon, it isn't DB without him.

I will probably eventually see this, however I don't have much hope for the movie...

I did hear they have the story made for a sequel though and will or are already working on it.

Not really sure what you said cloud1414.. I think there was a few missing words or something.. lol

Anyhow.. *waits for page to load on dial up to see pictures*

Uhm.. it looks a little... off?

and I would never spend that kind of money on a cosplay outfit.. lolz

PRICE: $150.00

$170.00 Bloomers 99 in stock

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Animation_01.jpg

*This is not a fanart, If you watched the Yo! Goku and friends return OVA and DBKAI OP/END this is the same animation they will be using in this OVA*

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today announced that all retail editions of Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system will feature a brand new 30-minute feature of the Dragon Ball anime on the game disc.

The exclusive new feature entitled “Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans” is a completely reconstructed, re-scripted and re-edited version of an original Japanese episode that has never been released in the U.S or Canada, offering something unique to fans of the series. Everyone who buys the game can watch this exclusive anime straight out of the box.

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 features a host of improvements and new features, delivering the most authentic and advanced Dragon Ball videogame experience to date. Everything from the camera to the controls has been reworked to create an accessible game with more than enough tactical depth to satisfy even the most battle-hardened Dragon Ball fan. Sporting more than 90 characters, 20 of which are brand new to the Raging Blast series, new modes, and additional environmental effects, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 is the next evolution in the home console series.

To see a sneak preview of the anime, please visit www.namcobandaigames.eu on August, 18th.

Source: Saiyan Island

I still enjoyed it >> XD haha. I think it will be nice having something new for a change, since America never got this OVA :P

Just noticed that the Original OVA was an hour long, that means alot will be cut out in this new OVA :/

The worst DBZ animated special/ova etc.. is the one about the Quiz.