Updates on DB/DBZ/GT

Koga

Season 2 is now out at stores. I've already picked up the set from Best Buy for $34.99 and I am watching it now. When I am finished, I will give a review and whatnot. Anybody else getting this?

Summary:

Having suffered heavy losses in the battle with the Saiyans, and with Goku still recovering from his injuries, the remaining Z-Fighters must embark on a perilous journey to Planet Namek in search of the Namekian Dragon Balls. Unbeknownst to them, however, a powerful new enemy has set his sights on the same prize the ruthless tyrant Frieza! Beset on all sides by danger, Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma must fight for their lives as they struggle to keep the Dragon Balls from falling into evil hands. Meanwhile, Goku races against time to join his friends in their quest, but waiting for him on Planet Namek is an army of the most powerful villains the universe has ever known, led by Frieza's most elite fighting unit the unstoppable Ginyu Force!

Sagas: Namek and Captin Ginyu

Episodes: 40-74 (35 episodes in total)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it Tueday and was done Wednesday. I watched it non-stop..except for when I had to work or whatever. I though it was good and can't wait for Season, which is coming at the end of August. Everything is the same as Season 1 with the Audio and Dialouge, until the Captain Ginyu Saga. As some of you know, Funimation took over DBZ at the Captain Ginyu Saga. So to set everything straight, new BGM music and voice overs had to be done for the episodes Pioneer did. So what happens when we catch up to the Funimation episodes?

1. Bruce Faulconer's music returns in Captain Ginyu Saga. This is the BGM you've heard on DBZ over the years on CN. This replace the Ultimate Uncut BGM that was used to replace the BGM for the episodes Pioneer did. The other audios (Japanese Audio w/ English Dialogue and Original Japanese Auidio) remain the same.

2. Sean Schemmel (Voice of Goku and King Kai) does not continue doing the voice overs. DO NOT PANIC!!! He still voices Goku. But he didn't re0dub his lines,, so in this part, he is trying to get used to doing Goku's voice. But its not too bad. Jeice's voice isn't re-dubbed after this point either. But you'll probably hardly notice. Other voices just as Vegeta, Gohan, Captain Ginyu, Frieza, and Krillin are still done over. Others are unkown at this point but hopefully more will be revealed in the Season 3 release.

The images are still cropped so some people are going on a rampage on the funimation forums. The price is still good IMO and is great for those who want to own the WHOLE series. Post questions if you have any.

• 3 months later...

dbzdvds3bigtf5.jpg

Season 3 of Dragon Ball Z is now available on DVD. The set contains the complete Frieza Saga, which is 33 episodes. It is on sell this week at Best Buy for $29.99 and will go back to its original price next week, which is $34.99. I will be picking up my copy as soon as Best Buy opens because these sets sell fast here. This set is remastered and uncut just like to 2 sets before it. However, some voice acters didn't return to re-dub their lines since we are now at the point where Funimation took over DBZ back in 1998. Some characters lines were re-dubbed but some not at all. Its is known that Sean Schemmel, the voice of Goku, didn't return to re-do his lines and may never return. Its been said he's moved to New York (Not confirmed yet). So the voice-over he did for Goku before is still there while Some characters like Vegeta (Done by Chris R. Sabat) were re-done. That's not too big of an issue for me. It could be worse, like the Ocean Dub voices. Here's 2 clips of Vegeta's death, both on this set. The 1st is the English Dub with the Original JP BGM. The second it with the the BGM from the US subs we've heard over the years. As you can hear, Vegeta sounds more emotional and better than how he did in 1998.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7kUj6owAivE&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jk9iQn6uNAw

Shouldn't really hotlink images, =P You can upload to photobucket, hotpix, or imageshack. But yeah, I saw the third season for sale at walmart earlier.

I haven't been buying the sets, but I plan to eventually. At the moment I'm saving my money for a new monitor, a computer controller, and a PS3. ^_^ But it sounds interesting, too bad they couldn't get Goku's voice actor back.

Yeah it's alright, it's just hot linking uses that sites bandwidth that they pay hard earned money for, and well being a fellow webmaster I understand how that feels. =P

What episodes is season three anyways? Isn't it the frieza saga? My favorite episodes of DBZ are from when Trunks & Vegeta get out of the Time Chamber, all the way until Gohan destroys Cell. I really like Teen Gohan and Trunks (especially with his long hair in extended super saiyan, lol).

I just finished watching all of season 3. Unlike the other sets, I watched this one completely with the Japanese Audio with English Dialogue. Its a really good release. However, Chris R Sabat didn't re-dub Piccolo's voice. I'm curious on why because he did re-do Vegeta's lines....but not Piccolo's. Dende's voice is worse IMO. He completely sounds like a little girl. The actress who used to do his voice left Funimation after the Cell Games saga. So someone else had to do it. I really didn't like that at all. Evem though Frieza's lines were re-dubbed, all his jokes are still intact. You know he had a joke for everything in the english dub. Again, not perfect, but still a DVD set worth picking up if you like DBZ. $35 is a great deal for 33 episodes and the set isn't bad. I just wish the conry lines would get erased. And yes, Goku still has that wanna be Superman speach. I am the hope of the universe, the light in the darkness, the answer to all those that cry out for peace, and blah blah blah. lol.

Season 4 of DBZ is on the way! The date is not known yet but since usually Funimation releases these sets every 3-4 months, it'll probably be out in December or January. Season 4 will be 32 episodes and will include all of the Garlic Jr, Trunks, and Androids sagas. (Yea, getting to the real good stuff now!) Here is a trailer that was on the Season 3 set. Funimation hasn't uploaded the trailer yet so this one is on youtube. Not best of quality, but you'll get the point. Season 4 is just around the corner!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d5gCc-W-ou8&mode=related&search=

No and never will be in the US. Ocean dub isn't doing anything. Funimation are releasing these sets. But if you like the Japanese version as well, these sets has it as well. Ocean dubs are edited even worse than our edited version that comes on tv. I cannot stand the Ocean dubs with their lazy acting.

• 4 months later...

The Dragon Ball series have quite a few releases on the way. So here's what coming.

Dragona Ball Z: Season 4 - After being delayed for 2 month its finally coming. Its release date is Febuary 19th (Next Tuesday). This Season will have 32 episodes and will cover the entire Garlic Jr, Trunks, and Androids sagas. The price is set at Bes t Buy at $39.99. That may change and if it does I'll be sure to post it. Like the past 3 sets, it will be digitally remaster and will some voices re-done. However, its has been said that Chris R Sabat (Voice of Vegeta, Piccolo, Yamcha, etc) has only redone Vegeta's voice. However he only re-did it for the Garlic Jr. Saga. So for the Trunks and Androids saga, he has the same voice he had 8 years ago. I don't know WTH that is about but its BS IMO because he should have continued doing Vegeta's voice again or not at all in this set. Especially since Vegeta doesn't really have much of a role in the Garlic Jr Saga like he does in Trunks and Androids. Despite that, I will be picking up this set and the next set I'm about to discuss.

Dragona Ball Z: History Of Trunks & Bardock: The Father Of Goku Double Feature - This DVD set will also be released on Febuary 19th. Like the DBZ Season sets, these 2 DBZ specials are going to be remastered and will have updated dialouge. It has been confirmed that Dameon Clarke (The guy who did Future Gohans voice in The History Of Trunks) will still be doing Future Gohans voice. Its not known yet whether he re-did the voice or they just left it alone. The price at Best Buy is set at $19.99. Tea, I'm gonna grab this too.

Dragon Ball Z: Season Five - This is scheduled to be released on May 27th, 2008. This set will have 26 episodes covering the entire Imperfect Cell and Perfect Cell sagas. That is all that is known about this set for now except that it will be remastered.

Dragon Ball GT: Season One - This set will be released on June 10th, 2008. It is not known yet whether this will be remastered or not.

Dragon Ball Z: Movies 1 and 2 - Hm, didn't they just release a DBZ First Strike (1st 3 DBZ movies, not remastered) about a year ago. Yea, they did cuz I bought it. Well now they are remastering the 1st 2 movies on DVD and on Blu-Ray as a double feature. This will be released on May 27th, 2008. Count me out on this one. I'm not buying movies I already have unless the price is about $20.

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - DBZ finally comes to the PS3 and now the 360 (BOOOO! I hate the 360! :() Not much info is known but I have seen a video and it seems that the gameplay will be like that of Budokai 1, 2, and 3 (not Sparkling/Tenkaichi). The game it made by Dimps who did the Budokai games so its good to see the old style brought back. Its only known that the game will go up to Cell Games. Its not known if it will go beyond but I hope it does. If not....hm...do I smell a Budokai 1 remake with a new name? lol. The game is supposed to come out sometime this year. I'll be updatign you all as I find more information

Dragona Ball Z: History Of Trunks & Bardock: The Father Of Goku Double Feature - This DVD set will also be released on Febuary 19th. Like the DBZ Season sets, these 2 DBZ specials are going to be remastered and will have updated dialouge. It has been confirmed that Dameon Clarke (The guy who did Future Gohans voice in The History Of Trunks) will still be doing Future Gohans voice. Its not known yet whether he re-did the voice or they just left it alone. The price at Best Buy is set at $19.99. Tea, I'm gonna grab this too.

Just got Bardock on vhs for $1 at the dollar tree the other day.. lol.

I will probably get this too though cause I like the future trunks story as well.

Going back and watching some of the old movies, they all seem to suck now, lol.. poor voice acting and little to no story. However Bardock and the History of Trunks is probably the best two.

Which movies you talking about? You mean like Dead Zone and The World's Strongest? At first, they were done by Ocean dub who did DBZ back in 1996. They sucked badly IMO and did the 1st 3 movies, Dead Zone, The World's Strongest, and The Tree Of Might. They also did the DBZ series until the Captain Ginyu Saga. Funimation took over (Thank God!) in 1998 and started from the Captain Ginyu saga and has been doing it since......WOW...its been 10 years! lol. At the end of 2006, Funimation released their version of the 1st 3 movies in a Box set called Dragon Ball Z First Strike which was only $20. It wasn't remasted but they did all the voices over since it was Ocean dub who did it at 1st. They also redid the Saiyan and Namek saga since they never did it. From these 2 sagas, Ocean cut in total 15 episodes. Funimation put them back and aired both sagas on TV uncut. After a few months, they decided to just remaster the whole DBZ series, all uncut. (Which are the Season DVDs I've been talking about). Ocean dub still did DBZ but in Canada and UK. They still suck. Despite Funimation half assing some of these releases, its still a good buy and is better than Ocean's. And WTH Koby! You got that VHS for $1!!!!???? Is it edited or uncut? Lucky bastard! lol

I picked up Season 4 and the Double Feature Tuesday. Funimation is really getting lazy with re-doing lines now. They either re-do the lines of someone who doesn't really matter or re-do some lines and not others. Really, I'm disappointed in Funimation for that. They aren't bad releases. IT'S DBZ! But it just seems as time goes on, they stop caring about re-doing the voices. When they 1st started doing these sets, the way they made it sound, they were goign to re-do them all, all throughout the whole series but that won't be happening. But the picture quality really looks nice on my HDTV though since I use my PS3 to upscale them to High Definition

• 2 months later...