TV Tokyo, Nihon Ad Terminate Yu-Gi-Oh! Deal, Sue 4Kids

Kid Ryan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they win, I do not want to have to watch the rest of 5D's subbed.....

If they win after stealing 4 million dollars from Japan, it'll mean the end of ALL Anime being brought here most likely. Japan would not want to license their Anime to America if America lets their businesses rob Japan blind.

The best thing that could happen given this case is 4kids admit they did wrong and pay up the stolen money along with interest and lose the license. I doubt either way they will be happy letting 4kids keep the license. Even if they did they certainly would not let them license ZeXal.

If they win after stealing 4 million dollars from Japan, it'll mean the end of ALL Anime being brought here most likely. Japan would not want to license their Anime to America if America lets their businesses rob Japan blind.

The best thing that could happen given this case is 4kids admit they did wrong and pay up the stolen money along with interest and lose the license. I doubt either way they will be happy letting 4kids keep the license. Even if they did they certainly would not let them license ZeXal.

That's not fair to people like me that watch their english dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's though.....

That's not fair to people like me that watch their english dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's though.....

You think it was fair that 4kids stole 4 million dollars? Blame 4kids, not TV Tokyo. 4kids knew what they were doing when they did it and they knew what could happen if they got caught. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it just because fans want their Anime dubbed. If anything another company that is more reliable could possibly get the license and continue it, though rather unlikely. Given Konami still trying to do the whole TCG though over here.. I bet they will try to influence some way of maintaining a dub for Yu-Gi-Oh! one way or another. Because the Anime's bring more people to buy the TCG cards.

You think it was fair that 4kids stole 4 million dollars? Blame 4kids, not TV Tokyo. 4kids knew what they were doing when they did it and they knew what could happen if they got caught. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it just because fans want their Anime dubbed. If anything another company that is more reliable could possibly get the license and continue it, though rather unlikely. Given Konami still trying to do the whole TCG though over here.. I bet they will try to influence some way of maintaining a dub for Yu-Gi-Oh! one way or another. Because the Anime's bring more people to buy the TCG cards.

I don't care about any of that stuff, I just want to be able to continue watching the show in english dub, without having to wait a long time for more episodes.

If a new company did start dubbing 5D's, they would not start off where 4kids left off at.

I don't care about any of that stuff, I just want to be able to continue watching the show in english dub, without having to wait a long time for more episodes.

If a new company did start dubbing 5D's, they would not start off where 4kids left off at.

Says who? When FUNi took over One Piece they continued exactly where 4kids stopped. They didn't go back and start from the beginning until after finishing the Skypiea arc airing on TV. Seeing as 5D's is over in Japan now, if someone did pick it up if/when 4kids looses it.. then they should have no problem doing the other 50 something episodes.

Says who? When FUNi took over One Piece they continued exactly where 4kids stopped. They didn't go back and start from the beginning until after finishing the Skypiea arc airing on TV. Seeing as 5D's is over in Japan now, if someone did pick it up if/when 4kids looses it.. then they should have no problem doing the other 50 something episodes.

That was FUNi five or six years ago, today's FUNi could do sumthin else.

Yeah, it was really fun getting to meet all of the other fans in my town/city.

Uwah~ Sounds like it would be :D It's at things like that that we really get to see people getting into it :3

I really wish I could've seen it though >A<;;

True, I could see that. Then again I guess its reasons like this I'm glad I have a DVD burner with a lot of DVDS ^_^. BTW would the original Japanese DVD even have a sub option on it?

Speaking LK I'm probably way behind on YGO Abridged, should go watch it again.

Oh totally~ :D

Hrmm...not too sure. I think it's on the low side that they will... But then again, BRS did get released with subbed options in a few foreign languages so hopefully that'll be the case for YGO, especially since 4Kids might not be able to release the English... Though I guess I'm probably hoping for too much :P

Yes, you should! XD Episode 51 was just released a few days ago <3

Uwah~ Sounds like it would be :D It's at things like that that we really get to see people getting into it :3

I really wish I could've seen it though >A<;;

Oh totally~ :D

Hrmm...not too sure. I think it's on the low side that they will... But then again, BRS did get released with subbed options in a few foreign languages so hopefully that'll be the case for YGO, especially since 4Kids might not be able to release the English... Though I guess I'm probably hoping for too much :P

Yes, you should! XD Episode 51 was just released a few days ago <3

You never know until it's released. Well I heard it was supposed to have already been released, atleast in America, have no idea about Australia or if its even supposed to be released there. According to the yugioh wikia it shows release dates for Japan, US, Canada, UK, and Germany, the later three listing Spring 2011.

Also Episode 51? Wow I'm relatively behind.

So when will this go into effect with them loosing the rights to Yugioh. Since they are still showing it today after dragon ball kai.

4kids filed Bankruptcy under Chapter 11, which has pretty much postponed the whole lawsuit with TV Tokyo (which is presumed the reason for even filing to begin with) so for now they still have the license and rights to air it and they plan to do everything they can to fight back and keep the license.

4kids filed Bankruptcy under Chapter 11, which has pretty much postponed the whole lawsuit with TV Tokyo (which is presumed the reason for even filing to begin with) so for now they still have the license and rights to air it and they plan to do everything they can to fight back and keep the license.

in other words, they're going by the saying - "A problem delayed is a problem solved."

wonder how long this'll keep up. i know of a lot of guys who would LOVE to see 4Kids go up in flames, specifically the current FUNi One Piece fans.

I just hope 5Ds keeps being dubbed, I like those voices.

Despite what 4Kidz has done to other shows I've always enjoyed their YuGiOh line of dubs.

Agreed, I don't know what I'd do if 4kids was unable to finish dubbing Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.....well I would finish the show subbed, but I'd be in pain the whole time.