Two and a Half Men

RazorDan

He's getting paid a lot more than that. Grant was offered 1 million per episode and they haven't disclosed what Kutcher is getting but they said it's a lot heftier a pay sum than Grants offer. Meaning it's over 1 million an episode.

I don't doubt it. But everywhere I've looked (news stations), it's said that he's signed on for 900 thousand per episode with him donating 100 thousand to a malaria charity.

Maybe there's bonuses to be had.

Here's something from the AP:

..NEW YORK, N.Y. - Acting with an imminent deadline to keep alive a hit comedy after it had been derailed by Charlie Sheen's troubles this season, CBS and Warner Bros. Television said Friday that actor Ashton Kutcher will replace Sheen in "Two and a Half Men."

The show goes into production this summer and will be on CBS' schedule in the fall.

The deal apparently came together quickly, following reports earlier this week that negotiations with film actor Hugh Grant to join the show had fallen through. Kutcher is familiar to television audiences through his role on Fox's "That 70s Show," film roles like the romantic comedy "No Strings Attached" and for producing and hosting the prank show "Punk'd."

A deadline on deciding whether the show would continue was looming with CBS set to unveil its fall schedule to advertisers in New York next Wednesday.

Kutcher is not as well known as Sheen but is 12 years younger and has a huge following of fans who check in on his ever utterance on Twitter. He said Friday he believes that "we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes.

"I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people," he said.

Kutcher's quote was the only mention of Sheen in Friday's news release. Warner cut short the show's eighth season and fired Sheen two months ago following his public implosion through hard partying and angry criticism of show creator Chuck Lorre.

"We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family," said Lorre, also the show's executive producer. "Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together. If I was any happier, it'd be illegal."

Lorre or CBS executives did not make themselves available to address how Kutcher would be integrated in a show where Sheen's character Charlie Harper was the comic centre, portraying an advertising jingle writer with a playboy lifestyle not unlike the actor's own. Jon Cryer portrays Sheen's brother, and Angus T. Jones plays Cryer's son.

Sheen offered his replacement a welcome on Friday — sort of.

"Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer ... Oh, wait, so am I," Sheen said.

"Enjoy the show, America," he said. "Enjoy seeing a 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB."

Sheen used TV lingo to predict failure for the revamped "Two and a Half Men." He referred to a 2.0 Nielsen Co. rating among the 18-to-49-year-old demographic that advertisers often speak. This season, "Two and a Half Men" averaged a 4.1 rating in that group, so Sheen was suggesting the Kutcher-led show would have half the young audience than it had with him.

Actually, Kutcher might be expected to have a younger following than Sheen and one which could be curious about his new role. The difficulty might be the older makeup of CBS' audience in general, more Sheen's crowd than Kutcher's.

"He's not a star, I don't think, the way Charlie Sheen is," said Brad Adgate, an analyst for the firm Horizon Media. "He's more like a supporting cast."

Still, Adgate said, "it's a hit show and it's something worth trying before you pack it in. You just never know."

Here's the link. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ashton-kutcher-teases-online-replacing-charlie-sheen-two-022332207.html

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TMZ reports that Kutcher will officially replace Sheen on the long-running sitcom “Two and a Half Men”. Sources indicate the former “That 70s Show” and “Punk'd” star has signed a contract that will pay him between $625,000 and $900,000 per episode, just over half of what Charlie Sheen reportedly earned. “Two and a Half Men” will reboot around mid-season. Here is the proof: Ashton Kutcher to replace Charlie Sheen on Men, newstype.com

• 1 month later...
Ashton Kutcher to Replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men? That would be a huge mistake.

Well it's already happened and will be airing this fall. He's replacing Charlie but not necessarily playing Charlie's role. It's unknown how he'll be written into the script currently.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering how they'd write him into the show. So Rose killed Charlie cause she caught him with another woman. The house is up for sale and along comes Ashton who tried to kill himself in the ocean because his wife left him but had to get out cause the water was too cold. Alan ends up taking him to a bar and they bring home two ladies whom Ashton sleeps with both and the next morning he says he's buying the place. He had over a billion dollars cause he sold some idea he had to Microsoft. Now I'm just wondering why the heck he'd keep Alan, Alan's kid, and the maid around for. Wonder if Rose is going to fall for him as well.

To me this show is already dead, the moment they decided to kick Charlie Sheen out of the show it was as good as the show being canceled in my book. It's almost like kicking Barney Stinson out from how I met your mother you might as well kill the show while your at it.

And this idea of Charlie being killed, don't they understand without him there is no show.

As much as I want to support this series and not be buthurt about no Charlie Sheen, I can't, I don't particularly like Ashton Kutcher as the new main character, he wasn't terrible but it still felt like he just wasn't supposed to be there, I mean, without Charlie, the show is left without a role model, so yeah, I don't think I'll be watching anymore.

I was wondering how they'd write him into the show. So Rose killed Charlie cause she caught him with another woman. The house is up for sale and along comes Ashton who tried to kill himself in the ocean because his wife left him but had to get out cause the water was too cold. Alan ends up taking him to a bar and they bring home two ladies whom Ashton sleeps with both and the next morning he says he's buying the place. He had over a billion dollars cause he sold some idea he had to Microsoft. Now I'm just wondering why the heck he'd keep Alan, Alan's kid, and the maid around for. Wonder if Rose is going to fall for him as well.

seems like this show is turning into to some drama thing. I haven't seen many episodes of Two and a Half Man, but the only reason I liked this show is because it was funny.

After watching episode 2.. it's pretty obvious the kid is growing up.. so they bring Ashton in the play the 'half man'. I mean seriously they have him acting like a pathetic kid who acts extremely immature and can't do anything for himself.. I'm already getting tired of them having him run around naked every episode and playing the Alan seems gay card. Alan wakes up naked on top of him and gets a 'morning boner'. *facepalm*

After watching episode 2.. it's pretty obvious the kid is growing up.. so they bring Ashton in the play the 'half man'. I mean seriously they have him acting like a pathetic kid who acts extremely immature and can't do anything for himself.. I'm already getting tired of them having him run around naked every episode and playing the Alan seems gay card. Alan wakes up naked on top of him and gets a 'morning boner'. *facepalm*

Ok this show sounds like a bunch of bull crap now, I was planning on watching a few episodes to give it some sort of chance but after what I just read I'm done with 2%1/2 men for life and it sounds a bit too gay.

Those poor cast members! What about their jobs?

I love the Sheen Machine but it seems rather selfish what he did.

There's right then wrong ways to handle a situation like that. D:

I really hope the show gets back on air soon... I watch it almost daily.

[Just read a few above posts and now I'm completely confused. xD]

I really hope the show gets back on air soon... I watch it almost daily.

[Just read a few above posts and now I'm completely confused. xD]

The show is already back on air but there is just one problem, the sheen machine has been killed of from the show, so unless you liked the show for other reasons the Charlie's awesomeness kill the show in your mind.

At least I will enjoy the previous seasons, a friend of mine gave me today a bunch of series and among them there were all seven seasons of 2 and a 1/2 men, oh well time to relieve the good times.

The show is already back on air but there is just one problem, the sheen machine has been killed of from the show, so unless you liked the show for other reasons the Charlie's awesomeness kill the show in your mind.

At least I will enjoy the previous seasons, a friend of mine gave me today a bunch of series and among them there were all seven seasons of 2 and a 1/2 men, oh well time to relieve the good times.

Yeah, my mate Dave and I were discussing what the heck was going on.

Told me how he died and shit. WHY on EARTH get rid of Charlie?

There are only 4 reasons I watched it.

Charlie. Rose. Berta and his mother.

Seeing as Charlie is gone now... What's the point?

I mean, he was such a major character.

I have this unmistakable feeling in the pit of my stomach that the series will fail. ; n ;