Is Death really news anymore?

opem

Is Death really news anymore? The reason i ask this is because at this point people die all the time weather its in a hospital or in a gutter somewhere. Its going to happen no one can change that. Personal i'm sick of turning on the T.V and being reminded "oh thats right im going to die" live life to the fullest with the time you have. i just want to hear your thoughts on the subject. (this thread is not trying to make anyones death seem less important)

Are you writing flippantly?

Because just yesterday, there was an earthquake in New Zealand where my aunt lives and two of her friends died in it.

You know how she found out about it? It was broadcast among the confirmed dead.

It's not about "Ohhh, i'm so scared i'm gonna die!" as much as it's about "I hope Tommy's alright. His house was awfully close to the accident"

Please don't make light of a serious topic like death. If you're sick of seeing it on the TV all the time, change the frigging channel or something.

Are you writing flippantly?

Because just yesterday, there was an earthquake in New Zealand where my aunt lives and two of her friends died in it.

You know how she found out about it? It was broadcast among the confirmed dead.

It's not about "Ohhh, i'm so scared i'm gonna die!" as much as it's about "I hope Tommy's alright. His house was awfully close to the accident"

Please don't make light of a serious topic like death. If you're sick of seeing it on the TV all the time, change the frigging channel or something.

like i said before this was not to make light of the importance of someones death but i just believe that if someone dies then it should just be report as like just a list of names or something but if the media want to make it more of an impact then they should do like a small documentary on that persons life like on the wed sites. there to much "tommy found stab to death now here's the weather" its like they don't care thats what i mean. by the way she not the only person that lost people in new zealand my cousin died and no im not writing flippantly i have a deep respect for the dead, way more than you would think.

AGAIN I DIDNT MAKE THIS TO MAKE ANYONE ONES DEATH SEEM LESS IMPORTANT

I read about it, I get depressed, I move on.

If i was ever in a earthquake-like situation I would not be crying because I'm afraid I will die. I will be crying because I'm afraid of everyone dying around me or that they could at any second. I think in the perspective of everyone around me. Which is also why I can't watch a movie where lots of people are dying without crying. I would take a bullet for a friend as well.

It's good it is shown on the news that people die. I would like to know if my friends have passed away at any time. I think it's depressing that in this world so many must die each day. Either it be by the hand of man or the earth itself. Thinking about the family's and friends that have lost someone important to them.

The reason why they don't talk much about good things is because the majority of people want the hear the bad stuff and it's more interesting. They're also things people can relate to. I would read an article about a murder over a sports section any day.

Death is a reality of life. Death is also news. Whether it is a celebrity or someone dying in the gutter. Hearing about death in the news reminds us of our mortality even if we do not wish to hear it. Knowing that this life will end should make us appreciate the time we have here and the people we share life with.

Is death sad? Depends on how you use the time allotted to you. If you look back at your life with regret, it might be sad.

Sometimes we can take courage with how someone faced death even if we never met the person and knew them only from news reports. Some deaths motivate others to change the course of their life. If it is news we will hear it. Death is always news.

Let’s face it, if the mass media gave a damn about human life, they’d be reporting on the dozens of third world people the evil empire’s military industrial complex is killing every day. Of course, if they did that, the sheeple whose name it’s being done in might wake up, that’s why you only hear about natural disaster victims, storm troopers, children, and other ‘heroes’.

the news will always sell what might make people watch more of it. death isnt news. everyone dies but the news will take control of it regardless and use it. i had to deal with em in iraq. wounded soldier almost died cuase the asshole reporter was in our way to get his story. so like i said it aint news but people want to see what happens next

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Let’s face it, if the mass media gave a damn about human life, they’d be reporting on the dozens of third world people the evil empire’s military industrial complex is killing every day. Of course, if they did that, the sheeple whose name it’s being done in might wake up, that’s why you only hear about natural disaster victims, storm troopers, children, and other ‘heroes’.

Nicely said.

One death is a tragedy.

A million is statistic.