UK - PS3 Sales Rise

Anooxy

Thats great news because hopefully it will show to Sony that lower prices equals more sales so that they will lower it more before I buy it. Because honestly I'm never going to pay more for a game console then I would for a computer. I'm not going to buy a Playstation 3 until it hits $300 or less most likely.

Yeah. I still think they're going to loose. It helped with this but, really. It's just a much downgraded console and it still isn't going to sell so well. Alot of features were removed, such as the Card Reader, USB Ports and other things that are really going to annoy people.

We'll see. PS3 games have yet to come. Most of them haven't been released. And with FFXIII and FFXIII Versus it's hard to believ it's going to loose. Don't forget how well Crisis Core made at PSP. I'm sure they'll do the same at PS3.

Eh. List off the number of PS3 games that are exclusive and are guaranteed to stay exclusive.

Crisis Core hasn't even been released in the US or Europe yet. Crisis Core did well because it's a compilation of FF7, and

Crisis Core sold 350,000 copies in Japan on its release date, including the 77,777 Limited Edition PSP/Crisis Core bundles.[10]

It's alright but if Sony need to rely on FF to keep them alive, they're not going to win. It's hard to believe that you think they'll win.

The November issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) reports that although info on Final Fantasy XIII is tight and hard to squeeze out of Square Enix, one tidbit has popped out, Final Fantasy XIII is up and running on Playstation 3 hardware as of now (see scan 1). Whether FFXIII has just gotten up and running on PS3 hardware recently or if it's been up and running and this info has only just made it to EGM is unclear. If it's the case that FFXIII has just gotten on PS3 hardware recently, the prospect of seeing it inside 2008 seem slimmer than ever, especially in english.

Yeah. It's likely you wont see it till 2009, and I don't think the PS3 is going to survive that long. It needs exclusive games NOW. Only one I know of for it right now is MGS4, and thats not until 2008 at least. The other exclusives it had going for it are now on 360 or the Wii. >_> Only way the PS3 can catch up is if it decreases it's pricetag is alot more and doesnt make downgraded versions.

Sorry if I seem too negative about the PS3. I've played it and all, seeing as my friend has one, and it's a decent system but, it's pricetag is ridiculous. I just don't see it winning the next gen sales with Sony acting like idiots about this.

Actually it's the best system (though it's the most complicated) and for us Europeans (which still have the 60 GB version) the price dropped for that version so it's selling more.

The only reason that PS3 didn't do well is because of price and the cell (it is complicated). I think it will last more then the other two consoles, seeing as they aren't finished with PS2 yet.

Judging by systems it's the best, judging by games (currently) it's the worst. Also Square-Enix must have some strong reasons to stick with PS3.

Anyway, Killzone is exclusive as well. Resistance: Fall of Man, Gran Turismo 5, Tekken 6 too.

Eh? It's system? Your talking specs? That doesn't make it the best system. It has nothing to do with anything. I actually think Nintendo are doing the right thing and aren't in it for the technical race to see who can be more powerful.

It's not the power behind a machine, it's how skillfully the machine can use that power.

Wii's the best system so far if we're talking without games. With games I'm going to say it's the 360, then the Wii, THEN the PS3. At least the Wii is getting games like Metroid Prime 3 and Bleach, etc.

And no it won't last longer if they're sticking to the PS2. >_> If the PS2 is getting games and the PS3 isn't, it's just hurting the PS3.

It hasn't done well for a number of reasons. One of them being the pricing, the cell being complicated doesn't matter at all. Sony's marketing sucked. Remember the baby crying and hearing devil sounds? Yeah. Greeat advertising sony.

Seriously. Sony's loosing this time, it's between the 360 and Wii at the moment, and if the PS3 doesn't pick up soon, it's screwed. The price drop for europeans? You know that they didn't drop the price for us europeans?

Sony is hoping that shaving US$100 off the PlayStation 3 price in the US will double sales of the console in the lead up to Christmas, but have decided to forgo this marketing strategy in Europe.

By far the most expensive gaming console, the PS3 retails at an RRP of €629.99 in Ireland, although the rest of Europe can buy it for €599.99.

In comparison the Nintendo’s Wii sells for €269.99 and Microsoft’s high-end Xbox 360 for €409.99.

In lieu of encouraging Europeans to buy the expensive 60GB gaming console with a high-definition Blu-Ray drive, Sony will launch a starter pack for the same price as the current PS3.

This starter pack will include two games and two controllers, but this may not be enough to increase flagging PS3 sales in Europe.

European gaming fans at the E3 Media & Business summit in Santa Monica were hoping for the announcement of an 80GB version, but were disappointed.

Yeah. High-End Xbox 360 = Elite Model.

So you can get an Elite 360 and A wii for 579, CHEAPER still than the PS3.

I'm afraid that the two systems are doing much better than the PS3. I don't know anyone who'd buy a PS3 over the other two next-gen systems. My friend only got a PS3 since it was his brothers Birthday present and he's been looking at my 360 since I got it and is thinking about getting one.

Seriously though, the price is ludicrous on the PS3. D: It's not even that much better than the 360. It's going to cost developers MORE to produce on the PS3 due to the Blueray format, which sounds great at first but when you see how it's more expensive in general to produce on, you tend to go with the just as good 360 format. You realize how most PS3 games are 70? 360 games are pretty expensive themselves but, at least the majority of them aren't 70 euroes. They at least have games for 50ish like the older consoles.

UK is in Europe (read my first post). PS3 sales went to 178 % due to THAT new price. And hardware make a system. The only problem is the cell. Actually it's the best cell from the 3 consoles but it's the hardest to code.

Without games Wii is the worst, not even considered as a next-gen due to his weak hardware.

And you can't say that for Blu-Ray. Developers are complaining about how bad is to be able to compress all those data so to fit them for XBox 360. But when you're on Blu-Ray there is no limit (the space is so much). And they say that it gives something like "freedom" there despite the hard cell of PS3. So quality is always better at PS3.

Also everyone said PS3 would start to increase sales later and it is actually doing that. As long as it sells more it will survive.

Also 360 system is very bad, considering how many times it fails. And when they did a test on a different enviroments, PS3 owned all there.

UK is in Europe (read my first post). PS3 sales went to 178 % due to THAT new price. And hardware make a system. The only problem is the cell. Actually it's the best cell from the 3 consoles but it's the hardest to code.

Without games Wii is the worst, not even considered as a next-gen due to his weak hardware.

And you can't say that for Blu-Ray. Developers are complaining about how bad is to be able to compress all those data so to fit them for XBox 360. But when you're on Blu-Ray there is no limit (the space is so much). And they say that it gives something like "freedom" there despite the hard cell of PS3. So quality is always better at PS3.

Also everyone said PS3 would start to increase sales later and it is actually doing that. As long as it sells more it will survive.

Also 360 system is very bad, considering how many times it fails. And when they did a test on a different enviroments, PS3 owned all there.

Eh. The Blu-Ray is abysmal. It FORCES the price on games to go up with Logical reasons. It costs MUCH more to produce on a blu-ray format because blu-ray isn't as readily available as a HD DVD. The quality? Oh yay. I get "EXTRA DETAIL ON THOSE LEAVES! THIS IS WHAT I PAID FOR!"

Really, what makes games is the innovation and gameplay. Wii not being Next Gen due to it's weak hardware? Yeah it's more powerful than the PS2 or Xbox, which are last Gen. Just because it doesn't have to rely on high specs to sell, doesn't mean it isn't next Gen. Any console without games sucks, there's no point arguing that. I was pointing out that the 360 and Wii have games, PS3 doesn't have that many GOOD exclusives. All the major ones that Sony were bragging about are mostly gone to 360 now too. Assassins Creed, Devil May Cry 4. They're going to the 360 now.

I wouldn't be surprised if MGS4 or Heavenly Sword were ported next. The Wii's got a good few exclusive games out that are good at the moment, but other than that it's probably 2nd in my opinion right now, just needs SSBB and Mario Kart for the Wii then it'll be used more by myself. The 360? Gears of War, Halo 3, Dead or Alive series (Volleyball anyone?) and more.

Yeah. The only faults I can find with the 360 is the actual design and how many faults it has. I know two people personally who have had problems. One got the RROD and the other has had to exchange his 360 THREE times now due to a CD reading problem. But at least Microsoft have extended the warranty for up to three years on the RROD problems.

Hardware wise, The Wii has the LEAST problems. I don't know ANYONE with a broken Wii. The only time I heard of one was with some of the launch batches being screwed by the connect 24 update service, but Nintendo replaced those quite quickly and they had few problems anyway.

The PS3 desperately needs some good exclusives, and DESPERATELY needs to sell, otherwise it's out of the running.

Here, take a peek at this site: http://nexgenwars.com/

Look at how close it is between the 360 and the Wii, then look at the gap between them and the PS3.

That site doesnt show real sales. They say by themselves that they track some site sales to get the numbers. Also 360 is the last in Japan because no one buys it there.

AND WAIT. PS3 is selling more and more. Just wait... and see the changes. The price will change soon...

PS3 is powerful and good at the hardware side. Price drop and games will make the change. And seeing as Blu-Ray is winning the chances to change are much more.

That site doesnt show real sales. They say by themselves that they track some site sales to get the numbers. Also 360 is the last in Japan because no one buys it there.

AND WAIT. PS3 is selling more and more. Just wait... and see the changes. The price will change soon...

PS3 is powerful and good at the hardware side. Price drop and games will make the change. And seeing as Blu-Ray is winning the chances to change are much more.

Never said they did show the exact number, however they have a more reliable system than nothing at all.

Who cares if it's last in Japan? Japan =/= Rest of the World.

PS3 ISN'T SELLING THAT MUCH AT ALL. I'm not going to likely see ANY changes until 2008 when there's yet ANOTHER few price drops. Games won't come to a console that has less sales. They'll go to the ones with more sales because more people with those consoles will mean more money.

I honestly don't give a damn about hardware. If I wanted to buy a powerful gaming machine, I'd buy a PC, cause at least then, I can upgrade it's hardware. No, your going nowhere with the Hardware point.

Blu-Ray is winning? Really? I haven't heard ANYTHING positive about their sales.

I only know about three or four people who actually have PS3s. One is my idiot brother who's going to sell it for a profit, One is my friend who's lil brother got it for his birthday, The other is another friend who's brother got it for his birthday. The last is a fat annoying rich kid in my class who doesn't even have a clue about games. He just says he thinks its the best because he spent the most on it.

On another note: They're were originally selling each PS3 at a loss. Now that the price is dropping more, they're likely to STILL be selling at a loss, but the loss is likely to be bigger.

Really I think that the Wii is going to win the next Gen, it's already so damn memorable in the short space of a year.

Not just the Blu-Ray of PS3, I'm talking about the format war.

Also Final Fantasy is still on PS3 and I bet it wont change. Just because of such games PSP sold much more than DS in Japan, and when it comes to the rest of the world it would be the same, because there's no one who doesn't LOVE Final Fantasy lol xD.

Lol.

Good news comes to those who wait and it seems Sony has waited long enough . This week’s hardware sales chart from Japan reveals that the PSP has topped the sales of Nintendo DS for the first time ever, mostly due to the fact that Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII was released.

Not much to brag about. Oh and:

Motomu Toriyama of Square Enix has been quoted as saying that the FFXIII games will not be exclusive to PS3. However, there has been some confusion over the translation of the interview. It is uncertain at this time as to whether he is saying that the two titles confirmed for PS3 (XIII and Versus XIII) will be ported to other consoles, or that additional Fabula Nova Crystallis titles will be developed for platforms other than the PS3.

Yeah.. I'm not seeing a strong arguement from anywhere. :P

And there are ALOT of people who don't like Final Fantasy. Heck there are people who hate FF just for being popular.

Sony relying on Square Enix and a few other companies ISN'T the greatest position to be in.

So betting it won't change, ISN'T the greatest thing to do. :P

Yeah, they're great games but you saying FF is on the PS3 and won't change seems like your saying Sony is depending on them.

Square are starting to work with Nintendo again, as seen with the remake of FF3, and soon FF4. CC and other such titles also say the same thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony got screwed over by most of the companies.

Well first of all, that nextgenwars site is pretty weird, they report that 'sony has sold over 6 milion ps3's' yet still the count is just above 5 mil...

after that I'd like to say that sony has the greatest line-up of games in Q4 ever. (haze, uncharted drake's fortune, folklore, assassin's creed, skate, eye of judgement. Some have already been released, and some aren't exclusive.)

Third I'd like to say that you can't say that one console is better than the other. Microsoft said they wanted to make their 360 a racing console, and personaly don't like racing games all that much...

fourth I'd like to say that the blu-ray format is gobaly winning from the HD-DVD, don't argue, don't judge, face the facts.

on my fifth point I would like to point out that sony announched 380 new games would come out between Q4 2007 and Q4 2008, of wich 200 would be blu-ray disk games, and 180 would be PSN games. you might argue that they can't say that 380 games are being made if 180 of them are PSN games, but honestly have you ever played 200 games in a year? Or on a console? or in your life? ofcourse a great deal of these games won't become legendary, but hey, how many true pearls does the 360 have? It just shows that the ps3 is being well supported.

Sixth, I know that this has been said before, but 1 out of 3 360's break down, while only 1% of the ps3's break down (with normal machines this is between 4-6%) so that shows that the ps3 is fine quality, I don't want to pay 500 bucks to a console and 2 weeks later have to wait a while for them to repair the thing.

Seventh, there is always the network discussion, I personly think it's great that the PSN is free.

Eight, I'm not too fancy about the 40GB version myself, however, if you think about the younger gamers who don't have a ps2, and thus don't need the backward compatibility, it's a great thing... and if you say that 400 bucks is too much for a young gamer, I bought my ps2 for about the same money.

ninth, fairly quick after the xbox was released the 360 came, while the ps2 came first, and stayed longer. And eventough the ps3 is here, the ps2 is still being supported, which I think is a great thing. the xbox is dead right now, so anyone who had a xbox, is almost forced to buy a 360, no f**king wonder the 360 sells more, if you want to keep on gaming, buy a 360. If all those ps2 gamers would be forced to make the same decision, stop gaming or buy a ps3, I don't think sony would be able to supply (not because they don't supply enough, but because the amount of gamers would spike enormously).

tenth, well I best shut up now, but I just want to say a small thing about the wii. I honestly don't see the wii holding out 5 years, by then every movement will be copied, imitated and it wouldn't be new anymore... But we'll see...

Well first of all, that nextgenwars site is pretty weird, they report that 'sony has sold over 6 milion ps3's' yet still the count is just above 5 mil...

after that I'd like to say that sony has the greatest line-up of games in Q4 ever. (haze, uncharted drake's fortune, folklore, assassin's creed, skate, eye of judgement. Some have already been released, and some aren't exclusive.)

Third I'd like to say that you can't say that one console is better than the other. Microsoft said they wanted to make their 360 a racing console, and personaly don't like racing games all that much...

fourth I'd like to say that the blu-ray format is gobaly winning from the HD-DVD, don't argue, don't judge, face the facts.

on my fifth point I would like to point out that sony announched 380 new games would come out between Q4 2007 and Q4 2008, of wich 200 would be blu-ray disk games, and 180 would be PSN games. you might argue that they can't say that 380 games are being made if 180 of them are PSN games, but honestly have you ever played 200 games in a year? Or on a console? or in your life? ofcourse a great deal of these games won't become legendary, but hey, how many true pearls does the 360 have? It just shows that the ps3 is being well supported.

Sixth, I know that this has been said before, but 1 out of 3 360's break down, while only 1% of the ps3's break down (with normal machines this is between 4-6%) so that shows that the ps3 is fine quality, I don't want to pay 500 bucks to a console and 2 weeks later have to wait a while for them to repair the thing.

Seventh, there is always the network discussion, I personly think it's great that the PSN is free.

Eight, I'm not too fancy about the 40GB version myself, however, if you think about the younger gamers who don't have a ps2, and thus don't need the backward compatibility, it's a great thing... and if you say that 400 bucks is too much for a young gamer, I bought my ps2 for about the same money.

ninth, fairly quick after the xbox was released the 360 came, while the ps2 came first, and stayed longer. And eventough the ps3 is here, the ps2 is still being supported, which I think is a great thing. the xbox is dead right now, so anyone who had a xbox, is almost forced to buy a 360, no f**king wonder the 360 sells more, if you want to keep on gaming, buy a 360. If all those ps2 gamers would be forced to make the same decision, stop gaming or buy a ps3, I don't think sony would be able to supply (not because they don't supply enough, but because the amount of gamers would spike enormously).

tenth, well I best shut up now, but I just want to say a small thing about the wii. I honestly don't see the wii holding out 5 years, by then every movement will be copied, imitated and it wouldn't be new anymore... But we'll see...

Alright. Just what I wanted. B|

Yeah, that site is awkward, but Sony only recently sold 6 million, and thats their official figures. For a year, thats not the greatest amount of sales for a console. The Wii's 12 million, when last I checked, was good for a year.

If they're not exclusive, they're not worth bringing into a debate. Exclusives count the most.

Racing games? Yeah I hate them. They have alot of non-racing games. I myself enjoy the FPS genre and RPGs.

Fourth point? Yeah. If you provide the facts, I'll gladly face them. But randomly saying that? Helps nothing.

Your Fifth point is completely wasted. If most games are going to be shit, Much like how most of the PS2 Library is compiled of crap games, there's no point bragging about them. And yes, I have probably played about 200 games in a year, and especially in my life.

The PS3 well supported? Really? What evidence is there of this, for present times? Well supported in about two years with FF13 doesn't really help. If the consoles going to be fighting just to reach that point, it likely won't help. I recall Assassin's Creed being an exclusive everyone was raving about. I'm quite sure that's going to the 360 now also.

Point 6, was complaining about 360's pretty much sucking in terms of life expectancy. Yeah, they did suck and alot of them probably still suck. But the newer models are all fine or so I hear. However, you wouldn't see Sony dishing out free repairs and a 3 year guarantee for all PS3s. Paying 500 bucks? Where the hell are you shopping? They're nowhere near that price. At Max I'd say they're 400 dollars for the Elite.

The Wii's had barely any hardware failures. Infact the ONLY time I heard complaints about the Wii was when a small percentage of the launch models were screwed by connect 24, but Nintendo replaced those without charge.

Yeah, PSN better be free for the ridiculous price you pay to OWN the PS3 itself. I don't mind paying for Xbox Live, because it's damn worth it. The Wii's online services are free too. SSBB and Mario Kart: Wii online? Yeah. That's going to be fun. B|

So, you actually don't mind Sony ripping off the younger generations just because they *POSSIBLY* didn't play a PS2? Are you serious? Most of todays youth have probably played a PS2. They're likely to own a few games or have older brother/sisters with the system.

So you wouldn't want to hand out 400 bucks for the best model of a 360, an Elite, which have the 360 hardware problems stamped out, but you'd gladly recommend people hand out 500 bucks for the most downgraded version of a PS3? That's ridiculous. You bought your PS2 for 400? Again, where are you living. That's just silly. The PS2 was 250 euroes at it's launch here in Ireland, and Ireland's pretty expensive in general. It was cheaper in most other European countries.

And the Xbox was out for about four years before the 360 was released, unless you live in some isolated region that ONLY got it before the 360 was released, I don't see your statement as being correct. Yeah, the Xbox recieved little to no support after the 360 was released, but it didn't really need it seeing as most of the original Xbox owners probably already purchased a 360 by the time it came out. But I daresay if the PS3 was successful in its launch, Sony wouldn't have supported the PS2 either. It would have done the same thing with the PS1. I don't recall them supporting that long after the PS2 came out. About the same time Microsoft supported the Xbox when the 360 came out.

The Wii? You think it's only selling point is that it's new? Bah. If you owned one you'd see. It's quite different than the usual sit down with a controller and push buttons. That alone has it lasting awhile. Nintendo are adding on other features like the Wiimote too so I hear. If you don't like it, I'm sure you can use a GC controller on the Wii since yknow, Nintendo are probably going to have a feature for most of their popular games to let you switch. SSBB has it, and I'd reckon Mario Kart would too, though I'm not sure on that.

It's next-gen just as much as any of the other consoles. Infact I think it's the ONLY one stepping forward and finding new ways to game. The other two consoles are only building on the idea of high specs. The Wii's specs are better than the last generation, so they're not that bad at all. I'd reckon it's going to last.

But next time you post, think you can use some grammar and spellcheck? No offense, just it'd help make it look better. Just copy/paste into wordpad or something. On a side-note, where do you live, it'd help me understand why your paying ridiculous amounts for systems and why they don't seem to last long.