UK - PS3 Sales Rise

Anooxy

Check this http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10/30/40-gb-ps3-runs-on-65nm-chips/

Interesting, isn't it? So you can buy a PS3 for 400 bucks. Why do you need backward compatibility if "Most of todays youth have probably played a PS2"!? And the 40GB isn't downgraded. It's actually better.

Wii system is better than last generation but are not match for PS3 or XBox 360. Next generation NEEDS higher specs. If it wasn't like that we could have continued with NES and "discover new ways of gaming" with it. PS3 hasn't really started the war. It's just getting the games it needs and the real PS3 will come after PS2 will stop. So you can't really judge.

Also, Blu-Ray has more companies that support it. I don't really think Toshiba can do anything against Sony. That's why Blu-Ray is more supported. Sony is much bigger and more powerful. And they are really putting all their efforts to win this format war, where Blu-Ray is slightly winning.

Game developers all are for Blu-Ray, due to the space. Blu-Ray surface is thinner and less damageable then HD DVD.

Also check here HD Tracker. The little box on the right navigation tracks sales of Blu-Ray and HD DVD.

For this year sales: Blu Ray has 61.73%, HD DVD has 38.27% (Blu Ray wins)

For this month sales: Blu Ray has 59.38%, HD DVD has 40.62% (Blu Ray wins)

For this week sales: Blu Ray has 64.39%, HD DVD has 35.61% (Blu Ray wins)

So? These are FACTS.

Hmm you keep on saying wii, and I cannot and will not deny that the wii is the best selling device right now. (that includes the 360)

The 360 may have sold 12 mil consoles, and the ps3 only 6 mil, but the 360 has been around for twice as long aswell...

And you say I pay high prices? 500 bucks for the 40GB version? dude, it's 400. The 60GB version is 500, but you get two free games, and an extra controler. Which, if you count it all together, is much cheaper.

As SasukeX showed, the blu-ray is indeed winning, as a matter of fact, the blu-ray has been winning ever since dec. 2006... I wonder why since then.. hmm

But back to the wii topic. Wii can't be called next generation, I can't recall where, but I remember reading that nintendo would rather call the wii new generation... But honestly dude, you keep saying that the wii is 'better' then the ps3, but it's also 'better' than the 360, so yeah, wii wins, congratulation. But that isn't what this is about, it's not even about ps3 vs. 360, atleast not for me. What this is about is that you say the ps3 sucks, and isn't worth your money. Because if that is really what you think, you're quite stupid.

I won't say that the 360 isn't worth your money, I've played it a few times, it was ok, but I prefer the ps3. However, I will defend the ps3 from useless, completely stupid things like: it's a waste, it sucks.

I was just quoting your post with the prices. I'm too lazy to go find them, you'll have to bring them to me.

12 Million likely isn't the real amount of 360's sold, but thats Next Gen's rough estimate though. Like you say, it's really not that accurate but it's something to debate, rather than nothing.

The Wii IS next-gen. Again, if I wanted a powerful machine, I'd get a customized PC. The Wii isn't even a part of this debate, I just get annoyed with people like yourselves saying it's not next-gen due to it's specs. Really, if thats all that's going to be happening with new consoles is that they're getting more powerful, I see the future of gaming being bleak. New ideas is what gamers need the most, not more powerful versions.

See it this way if your taking the "If it's not broken, don't fix it" approach. Look at any Dynasty Warriors Game or even Samurai Warriors. They're getting low reviews because they stick to the same engine/gameplay but they just improve the graphics, etc.

Thats all the PS3 and 360 are doing. And yeah, the PS3 IS currently an overpriced waste of MY money because it has no games that APPEAL to ME. I never said it was the worst console ever, sure it's powerful, but how will it USE that power if there's no games that appeal? Really. I'm not going to buy a PS3 till it's cheaper. 400 for the downgraded version is ridiculous enough. If I can get the best version of the 360 for the same price as the worst version of the PS3, I'm obviously going to put my money in on the 360.

Sony made a good move by lowering the prices, but people still won't buy it. It's still just too high. One more price drop and then, Maybe, I'd buy it. Really though, I'm fed up with gamers arguing the same RETARDED points over and over about how the PS3 is going to win JUST because it's got the best specs, and I'm really pissed off with people saying the Wii isn't next Gen when it's more next Gen than the other two consoles.

Draz, your correct about the 360 being around twice as long. I'm actually really happy the Wii is doing so well. It's really shoving it in peoples faces that it can compete with the other two consoles AND that it's worthy of peoples money.

Why do I need backwards compatibility? Because all the PS2 and PS1 games that I OWN I want to play on the one system to save trouble. 40GB is better? Isn't that the one with reduced USB ports and no Card Reader? Mhm. That is better. I don't see anyone buying it if they own a PS2. It's more hassle to have a PS2 and a PS3 hooked up to the one TV in order to play games. People like to not have any hassle, which is why that 40GB version won't be bought by anyone with common sense. If it only costs you an extra 100 to get all the features, why would you bother buying the bare minimum one?

I'm quite happy with the specs for the Wii. It's graphics are better than last Gen. But the thing is, SasukeX, all Sony and Microsoft are worried about is their higher specs. They don't seem to realize it's not the biggest thing. Nintendo have been around in Gaming for years, and have shaped what it is today. They know that they just can't focus on better specs from their experience.

Blu-ray versus HD? Yeah. I'm not arguing for those currently. Some people like limits, some don't. That's the deciding factor in that particular issue. I actually prefer the PS FFs style of switching disks rly. None of that anymore I guess. :P

But yeah, Draz. The PS3 does suck currently. Name some good RPGs for the PS3, or some good FPS games and you might get my attention. It's easy enough to name some for the Wii and 360, even upcoming titles. A few of which, for the Wii, are going to be pretty damn epic. :P

ok... fps you want?

resistance: fall of man

the darkness

F.E.A.R

Call of duty 3

timeshift (out on november 19)

call of duty 4 (out in 3 days)

Haze (out in december)

army of two (out in march)

the orange box (out in december)

soldier of fortune (out on november 13)

frontline: fuel of war (out in february)

blacksite: area 51 (out on december 10)

dark sector (out in january)

so right now there are 4, but befor you can play trough all of those, 6 others will be released. And note, I only wrote down the ones who are between Q4 2007 and Q1 2008. And all these have been anounced to release in that month, or on that day, so no games which have as release date: Q1

----------------------------------------------------------

As for RPGs, it's a fact new consoles won't have much (japanese) RPGs in the beginning. But here's a small list:

The Elder scrolls IV: oblivion

Marvel: ultimate alliance (action role-playing)

enchanted arms

untold legends: dark kingdom

Folklore

But honestly dude, are RPGs and FPSs all that you play? But, as you see, the ps3 is worth it's money.

I play Fighters and Strategy games too, but seriously. How many of those are only on PS3 dude? My 360 already has some of those games and I'll be playing them at a cheaper price. (Me especially since my premium 360 only cost me 200 euroes.)

The Darkness is on 360.

Call of Duty 3 is on all three as far as I know.

F.E.A.R is on 360/PC anyway.

Timeshift is on 360 already.

Call of Duty 4 is going to be multi platform again.

Army of Two is multiplatform.

Orange Box is already on 360.

Soldier of Fortune will be multi platform.

Frontline is multi platform.

Blacksite is multi platform

Dark Sector is multi platform.

Haze and Resistance are the only two PS3 exclusives on that list. Alot of the others are multiplatform and are either already out on 360 or still yet to be released.

As for RPGs.

The Elder scrolls IV: oblivion

Marvel: ultimate alliance (action role-playing)

enchanted arms

untold legends: dark kingdom

Folklore

Folklore is a PS3 exclusive and is supposed to be alright. My friends got it.

Enchanted Arms is a horrible RPG I've heard and it's on 360, probably going to be ported to the PS3 though, but it doesn't matter.

Oblivion is already on the 360 iirc, and it's multiplatform so it doesn't really matter.

Eterna Sonata is on 360. Untold Legends is on PS3. Marvel likely won't count as an RPG so I'm not going to even look it up.

The Wii? It's got an un-named RPG in production from Camelot, the producers of Shining Force and Golden Sun series. It's likely to be a sequel. It's also got the Tales of Symphonia sequel, Knights of Ratosk. Those alone are going to be epic RPGs. B|

Killzone and Final Fantasy. Both a FPS and RPG. Also Assassin Creed is a great game.

Anyway, specs are indeed needed for next-gens consoles. Compare the same game on lower and higher specs, higher specs will always win. PS3 games are more serious. Wii has more kids games.

ouch... bet you hit a nerve there...

I wouldn't call them kids games... I prefer words as: unserious or pure fun....

because some cartoony figures beating the living crap out of eachothers is fun, and unserious, tough not really kiddy... Shooting the living crap out of creepy aliens, isn't really what I would descripe as 'fun' and is pretty serious.

And yeah, I know you'll bring up the: wii is getting a residence evil point. But say it honestly, aren't most of the wii's games the 'happy and colorful' kind?

The ps3 (and 360 for that part) is more serious. Not that I have anything against what SasukeX would discribe as 'kiddy' I personaly can't wait untill LittleBigPlanet comes out. (dunno what I'm talking about? try gametrailers).

Well before I continue on the ps3 vs. 360 topic, I'll allow you to write your 'wii is not kiddii!' post.

Eh? The Wii is most certainly not kiddy if it's got an impressive lineup of games such as Manhunt II, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Resident Evil (Even though it already had the entire series up to 4 remade on GC). Twilight Princess isn't kiddy either. Nintendo sort of gained a kiddy image with the GC but they're quickly loosing it.

Sasuke, Assassin's Creed is out on 360 too, and I'm betting FF13 will be too. If your going to mention games, stick to exclusives. :P As for higher specs, really it's quite ridiculous if it's going to force gamers to fork out an extra 300 - 500 per generation.

PS1 was about 100. PS2 was 250 - 300, PS3 was 500 - 700. And thats just here in Ireland. In some places like Sweden or Denmark, the retail price was originally 1000.

So yeah, I enjoy my Wii. It's not really that kiddy at all. Especially if your going to be yknow, performing actions from Manhunt II with the Wii-mote such as strangling or such. Yeah, really kiddy. Scarface for the Wii? Yeah. I see where you guys are coming from. Games like that are kiddy.

But if a system is better and others percieve it as slightly kiddy for doing well and generally being a fun console, is that really a bad thing? :P I'd rather be having fun playing my Wii than sitting there acting like a poser getting less entertainment out of my "cool" console and having more fun watching paint dry.

Yeah. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is a Wii exclusive I'm afraid.

Manhunt 2 is on PS2 and PSP, but the only next gen console it's on is Wii. I do believe you said that comparing a game on last gen systems and a next gen system is allowed. :P Scarface is the exact same.

Another exclusive that's not really kiddy but not really mature would be Bleach for the Wii. :P Then again, with the american dubs and how they try to sell things as much as they possibly can, who knows? I'll be using the japanese voices for that one.

Not too kiddy at all. And I don't mind if Nintendo is kiddy, because they make good games and are accepted nonetheless. Everyone I know, and I live in a fairly crime ridden area where the PS3 is popular, says they love the Wii and how awesome it is, and most of the people who've played it have bought one.

The Wii isn't kiddy. Gamecube was kiddy. Any questions? :P That's like saying RPGS are all for nerds, sport games are all for jocks, fighting games are for jocks/people who do martial arts. Your making broad generalizations and creating stereotypes. It's like saying asians are all bad at FPS games but godly at strategy games.