does Gin Ichimaru deserve to die?

eosprime

I wonder if Kubo knew where he was eventually going with Gin when he had him torment Rukia before her execution. Maybe it doesn't matter, Gin is just twisted like that.

No, I don't think he deserved death, and I wish he escaped it somehow. Orihime could have looked around for people to heal. I'm sure Yamamoto would have appreciated having his arm restored, like Grimjow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Gin didn't really contribute any thing to the story in the grand scheme of things. While he definitely was entertaining but he didn't accomplish anything, he killed nobody, he neither helped nor stopped Aizen from achieving his goals. The only time he actually did anything was during the whole save rukia arc where we thought he was the main villain.

I think Gin should not die! at least not yet, because he is the question mark character. What I mean is you can not read him, and you only get to know as he wants you to know about him. That makes it hard to call him good or bad, or to know if he is truly loyal to Aizen or just playing him. I think we have to wait and see what he does later in the story line before deciding if he should die or not!

• 4 weeks later...
I think Gin should not die! at least not yet, because he is the question mark character. What I mean is you can not read him, and you only get to know as he wants you to know about him. That makes it hard to call him good or bad, or to know if he is truly loyal to Aizen or just playing him. I think we have to wait and see what he does later in the story line before deciding if he should die or not!

I agree with this, but at the end I don't think Gin deserved to die, but I'm sure he thought that following Aizen was the best option at the time to help find a weakness.

You shall be missed Gin :(

Its true that he went against the Soul Society by following Aizen, but he did it to try and protect Rangiku and the others in orde to find a weakness, and well he did find a weakness of Aizens zanpakuto in the end which helped a little with the understanding of the hogyoku , but gin shouldnt have died, maybe severly injured and then healed.

If you think about it Gin seemed like a lone-wolf type of character, he doesn't want anyone to get involved in his activities, and I guess he showed us what would have happened if Gin had an accomplice >< but if he had told Yamamoto Genryuusai , I think he would have had a better chance to not have his life ended.

I wouldn't say that he was a jerk, he just doesn't seem very open to other people, and are you telling me he was a jerk till the very end o_o...? I'm sure if you saw his real intentions , he seemed like he was planning from the start how to get Aizen when his guard was low.

So what? He still bifurcated Hiyori, killed the 3rd seat of squad 5 (in the past) and assisted Aizen in murdering countless other people.

Just because he decides to turn on Aizen does not make him good, the end does not justify the means (in this case murder).

Ichimaru was one of my favorite characters in the series so i got a little sad when he died. But I believe Ichimaru's death was necessary for the development of the plot.

Why did you like him so much? He was a real bas**** and even tho he hated Aizen he was still technically a bad person.

The only commendable thing he ever did (other than failing at killing Aizen) was not ever making a move on Rangiku, but I think we all know why he never did that! :P

Why did you like him so much? He was a real bas**** and even tho he hated Aizen he was still technically a bad person.

The only commendable thing he ever did (other than failing at killing Aizen) was not ever making a move on Rangiku, but I think we all know why he never did that! :P

I believe everyone has their own choice and opinions. Yes, Ichimaru was bas****. But I never saw that as a reason to hate him. Also Ichimaru had only one true intention and that is to kill Aizen. Ichimaru can be compared with Snape from Harry Potter. Only unlike Snape, Ichimaru carried on the plan himself without anyone's help. Yet the things Ichimaru did in order to accomplish his plan were henious and he did deserve to die, that I support. But hate him.... I personally can never do that.