Bleach

Guest Morpheus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bleach's ratings both in anime and manga dropped down - BIG TIME in japan and up until now, its manga rating isn't getting any higher so, I think that they won't produce any anime series of bleach even if the manga reached its finalé..if so, then its definitely a movie or an oav.

Edited by 7Sins

my two cents is, bleach i not the best choice for an anime based live action movie. But in recent history one movie called Pacific Rim showed us that AT LEAST the mecha gender of anime can make it to the big screen. And this always bugs the hell out of me Dragon Ball Evolution was NOT THAT BAD!!!!!! so all you fan boys and girls out there that hate on it 24/7 watch it again and see the parts the movie did well and the parts it faild at, because yes some things in that movie were 100% right and true to the source, the other 70% should have been reworked yes. It was not the best movie no, but it had an up side that is all i am saying.

back to bleach, there are way it could work but idk. i think a good test movie for bleach is to see how a movie like God of War would do. and the live action rights to that were sold to Universal (i think) back in 2000. for anime based movies I they need to stay to the mecha (gundam, evanglion) or syfy steam punk drama (ghost in the shell, akria, death note) stuff. but bleach could be very good its all in how its handled.

Bleach's ratings both in anime and manga dropped down - BIG TIME in japan and up until now, its manga rating isn't getting any higher so, I think that they won't produce any anime series of bleach even if the manga reached its finalé..if so, then its definitely a movie or an oav.

Any manga series with an anime that ends, evidently drops in manga sales do your research.

Definitely not a movie or OVA... It will get the "final act" treatment like inuyasha. (circumstances are exactly the same, they both stopped because it got way too close tot he manga.)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been wondering too if they will ever dub the two OVA's. The first is a retelling of the Grand Fisher storyline but the second is an original story. I thought they were both fairly good. Am only on episode 135 of Bleach as i do not watch anime everyday and once i watch it subbed then i will see it again dubbed. Hopefully by that time the anime might come back.

I have been wondering too if they will ever dub the two OVA's. The first is a retelling of the Grand Fisher storyline but the second is an original story. I thought they were both fairly good. Am only on episode 135 of Bleach as i do not watch anime everyday and once i watch it subbed then i will see it again dubbed. Hopefully by that time the anime might come back.

As I have learnt from reading posts throughout the forums, dubbing companies dont worry to do dubs of OVA's as they are unable to regain the cost spent on making it. This is obviously series dependant/popularity dependant etc but for something like Bleach... I would have expected it to be done. Sadly we havent seen it yet... so I dont think it will happen 

• Koby unlocked this topic