What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

When I was a kid I watched DBZ, Pokemon, Zoids etc. I wasn't really into animes back then, they were just cartoons to me. But as of a couple of years ago I watched an old anime called Ranma 1/2 and after that ive been slowly watching another anime followed by another, and before I knew it I had an addiction

Like most people I loved the series Pokemon, Dragonball, and DBZ when I was young; but i never distinguished between them and the other cartoons. I just thought they were cool and interesting while most of the regular cartoons were boring. It wasn't until Cartoon Network aired their Giant Robot week way back when and I saw the show Neon Genesis Evangelion. That show changed my life haha. Now I love a good anime series.

i cant remember when except when i was in elementary school. i always watched cartoons but never anime. i have asian parents so i see them watching japanese channels all the time on the tv(news, drama and the like). it was a friday night when everyone was asleep and i was looking through the channels and i got curious and went one of the japanese channels and suddenly, there it was. its hard to remember the anime, but from what i think, it was probably either dragon ball z or naruto. at that moment it was as if i opened a door to a whole new world. from then on i began watching only that on tv and later began gettin it on my laptop where i am now writing this post while getting more anime that i discovered through reading. if you read all of this, you should get a life of at least half a life with the other watching anime like an otaku cuz i just wasted a alot of your precious time. HAHAHA:haha:

DBZ! For some reason, DBZ wasn't allowed in my country, but we have an imported Cartoon Network. Usually whenever DBZ started they cut out to something else, but they missed it once. Got hooked ever since.

There were a few other animes like digimon, pokemon and yu-gi-oh, but at the time, iirc, I didnt even know they weren't cartoons. :embarassed:

• 2 weeks later...

first anime i ever watched back when i was a kid was sailer moon back when it was on tv i was a lil kid then only saw part of an episode and didnt know what it was

didnt see another till a bit later which was dragon ball followed by a bit later carcaptor sakura then hamtaro when i was stuck in a hospital for a long time lol wasnt till toonami that i really got into it and found out what it was

I use to watch DBZ when I was younger, but I never considered that "anime". When I became older, a friend recommended that I watch Elfen Lied (which was the 1st anime I ever watched) and I loved the animations and how the show can evoke more emotions than the shows that I watch on TV.

I always loved art, and as a child I loved cartoons, the first anime I caught was Project a-ko. it was the art style that sucked me in at first, I spent a bit of time practicing drawing the characters faces and emotions. After watching Armitage III I was truly sucked into story line and plot... I was about 15. I loved that unlike live action films where a scene can be limited by special effects and budget, anime did not suffer this problem, if you can imagine it and you can draw it, you can share it as intended. From there on it was love.