What first got you sucked into anime and mangas?

Vonnie

i started off with card captor sakura as a kid , but it didn't attract me to anime back then , few years later , i started watching naruto and one piece , but it was only that two at the point of time , i thought that these two were the only animes in the world then its kinda funny how i think back on this , but then one day i happen to switch the channels on the tv and i saw shakugan no shana , that was when it all started.......

I actually can't remember a time in my life when i wasn't watching anime...

Even at like 3 or 4 years old I was watching sailor moon and dragon ball (apparently I told my mom I wanted sailor moon to be my babysitter)

But most recently? Death Note... Seeing anime that wasn't just teenagers getting super powers really opened it up to me... Now I'll watch pretty much anything :P

well that brings back allot of memories... i used to make fun of my younger brother because he used to watch anime, then i got a scholarship to study in Italy, but my Italian language was really bad and i needed to practice it up as i was studying in the Italian language at the university, so i found my self watching Italian dubbed anime on the Italian channels! and it was really helpful and fun at the same time! such as Dragon Balls... and without knowing i wanted to know the end of dragon ballz!! and the tv was way to slow ( one episode per week ) and without knowing i found my self downloading English dubbed episodes... then English dubbed wasn't enough as it wasn't fully up to date either :P so moved to the subbed one to finish it! once i finished Dragon ballz i wanted more :D and so my brother ( whom i used to make fun off ) told me about One Piece.... and so on and on! and now anime makes my day ( i mean night :P )

i downloaded the first ep of wolf's rain, then that got me hooked, then i started watching other animes like inuyasha, cowboy bebop and trigun and some others on adult swim

• 2 weeks later...

I can remember watching DBZ and pokemon when I was younger pretty much religiously. Then DBZ played less and I was more into action than pokemon, so I was reading shaman king and I ended up with a couple mangas somehow. Later on, when they had bionix on ytv i'd watch if I was in at night.. I liked naruto and gundam (not sure which one) and I loveddd fma and witch hunter robin. but this was like maybe 6 or 7 years ago.. this summer my friend said something about one piece and I had been having a lazy summer so i needed something to do. first thing i remembered was fma, which i never got to watch in full, just random episodes.. of course funimation had rights over it so i started watching everything they had on youtube for dubs.. and then i started wondering how subs were and other more underground shows. from mid august to the end of september i'd hazard to guess i'd seen 25 series. since then i've just kept streaming and downloading. :)

Well to be honest.. it was probably started with dragon ball manga that i read when i was still in grade school... at first i was not really into it... but slowly but surely i started to get interest as i started to watch anime series... and then i got really into it and started collecting anime series from time to time... somehow it turn into a habit and a really worth one too... :dhh:

Well just like most people the main anime for me was DBZ then after that

when i finished i dident know what els to watch so i watched something out of random

which happend to be my fav anime of all time Darker than black then after that

i got into anime without even knowing it.

When I was a kid I watched Pokémon and Digimon and then a friend of mine started making me watch Dragonball Z and I remember watching it around the time the Frieza saga was on TV and from that point on I was hooked. Then I started watching other things like Gundam Wing and Tenchi Muyo and I've been hooked ever since.

I remember my french teacher was a huge fan of mangas. So we had to do a project about one, in my case I chose one at random...Fruits basket. I was amazed!!! I seriously loved it, began reading through the whole series and watching the anime. Then I stopped for a while. My little brothers friend was a huge fan of Naruto's, but I was grossed out because of the violence (*cough cough*). A year later I decided to randomly trying to watch it, and I became so absorbed, I raced through all of it. I found out a friend of mine loved anime too so we shared a couple of 'em and now here I am ^^ Ahaha...memories.