• Chio's School Road
    • Dropkick on my Devil!
    • Grand Blue
    • Harukana Receive
    • How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord
    • Late Night! Genius Bakabon
    • Layton Mystery

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2018 at 10:00 AM

You may vote for one and only one series that aired this last Summer season and is included in this poll that you think deserves to be Anime of Summer 2018.

You only get to vote once.

*Anime series are alphabetically ordered for this poll.

Voting ends November 18th.

If your favorite isn't listed then it's your own fault. There was a nominations thread up for a while for everyone to nominate their favorite for this poll. The options here are what was nominated by everyone. We'll run a similar nomination and poll at the end of the Fall 2018 season so be sure to look for it.
Edited by NeutralHatred

We have a tight competition I see, kind of excited to see which one gonna win. My vote is for grand blue bcz it has babes with oppai and in bikinis and beer too(I don't drink alcohol though). If how not to summon demon lord wins definitely gonna watch it. (If it has a decent story)

It's kind of funny when the guys on IRC give me a hard time for my taste in anime not aligning with theirs.... I prefer fantasy & scifi shows and they prefer romcoms and slice of life shows. But these AotS polls almost always end up giving the win to the series I voted on. I think in the history of our AotS polls, there is literally only like maybe two times where a series I didn't vote on won. Just seems to show that the majority of the community apparently aligns more with my taste of shows (sadly so few people who actually visit this forum actually partake in such polls...). It's also fun to see how drastically different AotS results are on other anime communities that do them. Kametsu is a wild hare that rarely aligns with the popular vote of any other anime community; of course we're already much different because a huge portion of our userbase either watches dubs or at the very least isn't some asshole prick towards people who say they do. So it's a nice contrast in what dub viewers like and what sub viewers like I suppose.

For the record, on one other community Steins;Gate 0 is leading the pack with Grand Blue and Starlight being the closest competitors. Here, Starlight wasn't even nominated here and S;G0 was apparently ineligible; but Grand Blue is a close second on both.

5 hours ago, Koby said:

It's kind of funny when the guys on IRC give me a hard time for my taste in anime not aligning with theirs.... I prefer fantasy & scifi shows and they prefer romcoms and slice of life shows. But these AotS polls almost always end up giving the win to the series I voted on. I think in the history of our AotS polls, there is literally only like maybe two times where a series I didn't vote on won. Just seems to show that the majority of the community apparently aligns more with my taste of shows (sadly so few people who actually visit this forum actually partake in such polls...). It's also fun to see how drastically different AotS results are on other anime communities that do them. Kametsu is a wild hare that rarely aligns with the popular vote of any other anime community; of course we're already much different because a huge portion of our userbase either watches dubs or at the very least isn't some asshole prick towards people who say they do. So it's a nice contrast in what dub viewers like and what sub viewers like I suppose.

For the record, on one other community Steins;Gate 0 is leading the pack with Grand Blue and Starlight being the closest competitors. Here, Starlight wasn't even nominated here and S;G0 was apparently ineligible; but Grand Blue is a close second on both.

I purposely choose one that wasn't as popular as I knew it would likely get picked anyway. I wanted to add more to the poll.

56 minutes ago, NeutralHatred said:

I purposely choose one that wasn't as popular as I knew it would likely get picked anyway. I wanted to add more to the poll.

I actually thought the first (nomination)itself you kept is the poll bcz you added no of votes to a title. If you want more titles why not keep a rule saying don't suggest which is already given.

2 hours ago, gskumar said:

I actually thought the first (nomination)itself you kept is the poll bcz you added no of votes to a title. If you want more titles why not keep a rule saying don't suggest which is already given.

It could have a negative effect where someone nominates something else because theirs was already chosen, meaning they would vote for it rather than what they nominated. We don't need 50 nominates and only 8-10 actually being voted on. I believe Koby's initial idea behind this way was to put up a maximum amount but, it never gets too excessive that we have to pick a top #.

27 minutes ago, LelouchVBritannia said:

How does "Dropkick on my Devil" still.have 0 votes?

Didn't anyone watch it?

Whoever nominated it either hasn't voted yet or voted for something other than what they nominated. If the latter, we should take them out back and shoot them.

• Haha 2

• Koby unfeatured this topic
  • Koby unpinned this topic