Can I get some Magical Girls???

There's Princess Tutu and Cardcaptor: Sakura, which are classics. Revolutionary Girl Utena is considered to be the spiritual predecessor to Madoka Magika. Personally, I'm not a fan of the magical girl genre, and my opinion on these 3 series isn't that high. However, these series are considered "fundamentals" if you were to go look them up on anime sites.

Although not considered a magical girl anime, I would recommend Sunday Without God. It has considerable aspects of a magical girl anime, despite being a post-apocalyptic, fantasy drama. However, you're enjoyment of this series may be influenced by your religious beliefs.

I've seen Revolutionary Girl Utena and enjoyed it, though I was admittedly a little iffy on the animation style and Cardcaptor: Sakura always felt like 25 minute merchandise commercials to me though I wouldn't say it was awful either, hmmm, I'm pretty sure I've heard the entire genre described as 25 minute merchandise commercials before though so it might just be my tastes. Oh and thank you for the Yuuki Yuuna rec Ramen, it was pretty much exactly what I was looking for, I also found Flip Flappers (Which wasn't exactly what I was looking for) and enjoyed that immensely as well, Oh and thank you Broken Visage for the Sunday Without God recommendation I see what you mean about having some magical girl aspects, much appreciated guys.

Edited by Spacecreepkitan