Custom-bulit PC Shoppig

Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi

1 hour ago, Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi said:

What's the best place to customize your PC at a cheap price that isn't a gaming PC? I'm looking for a good i7/Ryzen 7 PC with 3.5+ GHz CPU, a motherboard with 32 or 64gb RAM support and a dedicated graphics card that's 4GB or higher, all of this within a $900-$1000 budget

lol, you're not gonna be able to build such a thing on such a tiny budget. For what you're wanting, you'd be needing a budget around $1,500-$2,000 if you don't want to skimp or go the cheap route on some parts.

You're looking at likely spending $400+ (maybe $200 on the low-end 4GB cards) on a good graphics card alone. Another $100 or so on a hard drive (small SSD or 1TB decent HDD). Another $120 or so on a mid-tier mobo. Another $250 on 32GB ram (not RGB, else prices skyrocket).

$50-$100 on a cheap/decent case. Then another $100 on a decent range gold certified full-modular PSU, and another $60+ or so on cheap liquid cooling. Then $200 on the Ryzen CPU or $350+ for a i7 CPU. So even going the cheap route on each part, you'd go over your budget.

If you wanna hit your budget, you can skimp on the RAM by going with 8GB for now to cut about $200 off and hit your budget with the low-end 4GB graphics card option.

If you don't want to build it yourself, then iBuyPower or CyberPowerPC are apparently decent places to get custom built PCs built for you. Of course you'd be paying them to build it though, which is factored into the price shown on things.

You can use PCPartPicker though to list out your PC Build and see about how much it'd cost at the current prices around various sites selling the parts to give you a general idea of how much you'd end up spending.

A lot of parts are still high priced compared to a few years ago. For example, the build I did in 2016 cost me $750, but if I was to buy all the exact same parts today, this build would cost me over $1,000. <_<

3 hours ago, Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi said:

What's the best place to customize your PC at a cheap price that isn't a gaming PC? I'm looking for a good i7/Ryzen 7 PC with 3.5+ GHz CPU, a motherboard with 32 or 64gb RAM support and a dedicated graphics card that's 4GB or higher, all of this within a $900-$1000 budget

Depends on where you live. I work for a company, Micro Center, that you can get help building a custom PC at the store. We even have technicians, myself including, that can assembly the system and ensure everything is functional. There are store associates in the Build Your Own PC department that can help you pick out what you're looking for.

2 hours ago, Koby said:

lol, you're not gonna be able to build such a thing on such a tiny budget. For what you're wanting, you'd be needing a budget around $1,500-$2,000 if you don't want to skimp or go the cheap route on some parts.

You're looking at likely spending $400+ (maybe $200 on the low-end 4GB cards) on a good graphics card alone. Another $100 or so on a hard drive (small SSD or 1TB decent HDD). Another $120 or so on a mid-tier mobo. Another $250 on 32GB ram (not RGB, else prices skyrocket).

$50-$100 on a cheap/decent case. Then another $100 on a decent range gold certified full-modular PSU, and another $60+ or so on cheap liquid cooling. Then $200 on the Ryzen CPU or $350+ for a i7 CPU. So even going the cheap route on each part, you'd go over your budget.

If you wanna hit your budget, you can skimp on the RAM by going with 8GB for now to cut about $200 off and hit your budget with the low-end 4GB graphics card option.

If you don't want to build it yourself, then iBuyPower or CyberPowerPC are apparently decent places to get custom built PCs built for you. Of course you'd be paying them to build it though, which is factored into the price shown on things.

You can use PCPartPicker though to list out your PC Build and see about how much it'd cost at the current prices around various sites selling the parts to give you a general idea of how much you'd end up spending.

A lot of parts are still high priced compared to a few years ago. For example, the build I did in 2016 cost me $750, but if I was to buy all the exact same parts today, this build would cost me over $1,000. <_<

The RAM he is looking for is support, I don't think he's expecting that much out the gate. That would be the most expensive part for it. That and a graphics card but, he sounds like he needs a lower end, like a GTX 1060. Also, you can get a boot drive SSD/NVMe and a stand mechanical drive, for storage, for around ~$200. Only ~$50 if you just want a standard hard drive and no boot drive.

14 hours ago, Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi said:

i7 ??? 64GB ??? >4GB dedicated ram for GPUs ??? and @ $1000 !!!???

Just the other day I was going thru amazon and picking up parts for a PC around 1200 price range.

Do you know what were the specs? I'll tell ya

Processor Intel i3 8350K 6-cores @ 4.00 Ghz base frequency

Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Plus 

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB (16GB) DDR4 3000 MHz RAMS

Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU cooler

EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 3GB 

EVGA 600W PSU

WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB M.2 SSD

WD Blue 2TB HDD

all that price even without factoring in the case itself, the monitor, network card for wifi+bluetooth and any other cables and extra accessories.  

So an Intel i7 8700K with 64 GB RAM and a powerful GPU PC ((( especially with GPU and RAM prices are up more than a year now ))) with $1000 budget ..... NO WAY !!

probably at least .. at least another 7 years and this is a very optimistic prediction !!

So, closest thing I can think of was this from a store that builds PC for customers (cuz I ain't DIYing this):

AMD Ryzen™ Series, 7th Gen A-Series A320 Chipset, Budget Gaming Computer $1092.00 Add to cart
AMD_A320_Custom_Budget_Gaming_pc.png
  • Fractal Design Focus Series G Mini w/ Window, No PSU, microATX, Black, Mini Tower Case
  • ASUS PRIME A320M-K, AMD A320 Chipset, AM4, HDMI, microATX Motherboard
  • AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G 4-Core 3.6 - 3.9GHz Turbo, Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics, AM4, 65W TDP, Processor
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING, 1354 - 1468MHz, 4GB GDDR5, Graphics Card
  • CRUCIAL 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB DDR4 2666MHz, CL16, Silver, RGB LED, DIMM Memory
  • EVGA 450 BT, 80 PLUS Bronze 450W, No Modular, ATX, Power Supply
  • COOLER MASTER Hyper T4, 153mm Height, 140W TDP, Copper/Aluminum CPU Cooler
  • COOLER MASTER MasterFan Pro 140 Air Pressure 140mm, 2800 RPM, 82.2 CFM, 36 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • SAMSUNG 500GB 860 EVO 2280, 550 / 520 MB/s, V-NAND MLC, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2 SSD
  • SEAGATE 1TB BarraCuda ST1000DM010, 7200 RPM, SATA 6Gb/s NCQ, 64MB cache, 3.5-Inch HDD
  • ASUS DRW-24B1ST, DVD 24x / CD 48x, DVD-Writer, 5.25-Inch, Optical Drive

Wanted a AMD R7, but damn, the prices...I wish these GPUs weren't so damn expensive as well but since higher GB GPUs = better (and faster) video encoding and streaming leave me no choice. I haven't bought it cuz 1.) only $600-$620 in cards + $200 in cash, 2.) SSI check in August, and 3.) still looking for more sites with more cheaper prices.

Another, but for $1130 no OS but there's always pirated OS's out there: 

7 hours ago, Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi said:

Maybe I should let people post their custom-built specs from themselves or professionals so that I should have an understanding of some things before I shop.

This will probably turn into a brag fest... so without further delay: I did a lot of shopping around beforehand and eventually settled on this "upgrade" kit: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j87V7W 

Everything else was from the original build, including 5x 8TB HDD's, powersupply and case. The price difference between the Ryzen rages were small enough for me to justify spending that amount on the CPU (and the fact that this came with the better cooler). Honestly, because of the timing now, I would hang off until the 2nd Gen Ryzens come out later on this year before buying. Should be some very good budget ones. Assuming of course you're looking at AMD...

Edited by Moodkiller

New one. It'll be close to 1100 because the GPU is more expensive than everything else:

from eBay

(used) 8GB RX 580 GPUs (they have newer 3/4GB ones but more $$$ than these used ones)
16GB 3000MHz RGB RAM sticks (to start, the motherboard can go to 32GB but more $$$)
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB MLC V-NAND SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Internal Solid State Drive + 1TB HDD
500W PSU Bronze (I think, I have to go back and check)
3 built-in fans, added 2 more
6-core Ryzen 5 2600, 3.9 GHz