Summer 2018 Anime Season

Koby

🔥 Summer Anime 2018 🌞

AniChart | MAL Chart | AniDB Chart

dPQlPqV.jpg

*Click image to enlarge*

Sentai still hasn't confirmed any dubcasts yet, while FUNimation has confirmed quite the line-up (although there could still be more).

My Personal Summer Watch List is currently as follows:

Left-Overs:

Definite Pick-ups:

Possible Pick-ups (Pending Impressions on first couple episodes):

Some day I'll eventually get back to watching Gintama, lol. Also possibly interested in checking out Banana Fish.

6 hours ago, Pizza Cat said:

I'm interested in Mirai no Mirai , unaired Violet Evergarden episode, and possibly Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan.

So pretty much just movies and ovas? Not picking up any television series?

I tend not to list what movies I'm gonna watch because they tend to be around 8 months down the road for blu-rays from the theatrical dates listed for the season.

On 7/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, Koby said:

So pretty much just movies and ovas? Not picking up any television series?

I tend not to list what movies I'm gonna watch because they tend to be around 8 months down the road for blu-rays from the theatrical dates listed for the season.

For now yes. I still have older seasons of series I need to watch. I haven't had much time to dedicate to anime lately.

2 minutes ago, Pizza Cat said:

For now yes. I still have older seasons of series I need to watch. I haven't had much time to dedicate to anime lately.

I fell behind this last season. Haven't had time to start Steins;Gate 0 yet actually, like 40 episodes behind on One Piece although I watch the One Pace fan edit so, and 4 episodes behind Golden Kamuy.

And I ended up picking up High School DxD so I'm a little more than mid-way through S1, but haven't had time to watch any episodes of it in a few weeks. While I fell behind on movies that were coming out and now have like 10 I need to see. Then I recently decided to pick up Handmaid's Tale, Reverie, and The Expanse. Which I've only managed to stay frequent with Reverie while only seeing two eps of Handmaid and haven't started The Expanse.

Anyways good thing is, since I'm watching most of the Summer season with dubs, that gives me 2-4 weeks to play catch up with things before the new Simuldubs/Dubcasts actually start after their initial premiere. And since the Summer is lacking for live-action american television, I have more time for anime. I just wish I had time  to clear out my backlog, but hell I've been working on that backlog for 15 years and only managed to cut it in half from what it started at within that time. So I don't think I'll ever get caught up actually... But if I somehow did IDK what I'd do, haha.

Times have been posted for FUNi's SimulDub line up for Summer 2018:

• Overlord III July 19
  • How NOT to Summon a Demon LordJuly 25
  • Magical Girl Raising Project July 29 (Still planning to SimulDub this one myself using GJM's BD release)
  • The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar July 28

• Angels of DeathJuly 23

• Harukana ReceiveJuly 24

• Chio’s School RoadJuly 25

• Island July 21

• HANEBADO! July 25

• Dies irae ONAAugust 28

• Lord of Vermilion: The Crimson KingAugust 02

• Free! Dive to the Future - August 02

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Koby unpinned this topic