Which Kingdom Hearts do you Prefer?

Koby

Which Kingdom Hearts do you Prefer?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Kingdom Hearts do you Prefer?

• Kingdom Hearts
    • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    • Kingdom Hearts II

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I gotta go with the original here.  I didn't know what to expect before I bought it. I went to the store, picked it up as it was a greatest hits title by then, and the back cover really caught my attention.  I was like, really? mixing Disney and Final Fantasy. I never woulda thought that would work, but heck, you manage to suspend belief and just enjoy it for what it is.

To that degree, I think the almost surprise or shock value that came with the first Kingdom Hearts is why it gets my pick. Some epic moments too, like the first time you fight Cerberus or when Cloud casually, but slowly walks by you, in that outfit that in my opinion, is much more badass than in KHII. 

Or how about when you lose your keyblade to Riku and in turn, lose Donald and Goofy, and you end up using that wooden sword with 1atk damage? But it's ok, because that's when THE BEAST joins your team, who literally is A BEAST who crushes every heartless that comes with one hit...god... just BADASS.

And let's not forget the final boss of the coliseum, who we all eventually discovered was none other than Sephiroth. Seriously, how awesome was that fight? Remember that ridiculous Sin Harvest move that leaves you with NO MP and 1hp left...jesus. I don't even remember the Sephiroth in KHII, but all I know is I beat him on my first try, with no trouble at all.

O yeah, wasn't KHI made before the merger (Squaresoft), while KHII was made by *cough* Square Enix?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

KH2 is way easier to handle, and more dynamic, so it's more fun to play KH2 than the first but because of the camera we were more on edge in the first one as it was harder to evade and counter, so for the combat i'd say i dont like one more than the other. As for the story, it's way better handle in the second as you are more guided and you start to understand more and more of everything that's happening.

• 5 weeks later...