Canceled Shows

I wonder why so many shows that seem great always tend to be canceled pretty quick. With the exception of Young Justice as they are bringing it back for the new DC streaming service, so many great cartoons meet their end long before they should have. Cartoons like Symbionic Titan, W.i.t.c.h., the Thundercats reboot (I had issues with it, but it was still great), Young Justice, and Reboot seemed to get screwed over in favor of crap replacements usually. (I'm looking at you Annoying Orange...)

21 hours ago, EmptyBasket said:

Most shows probably didn't generate enough money.

Other times it's just bad/constant shifting of time-slots. I think Harvey Beaks was canned because of this. At least HB was given proper ending unlike Clarence :(

Hopefully with digital streaming, shows will have a stronger chance for survival.

I hope so, thankfully Young Justice is getting another chance and maybe with the streaming the better shows will have a higher chance for survival.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nearly every show that got cancelled on CN was due to them not selling toys enough. Green Lantern, ThunderCats Reboot, Symbionic Titans and Young Justice I know for a fact were due to that. And that really sucks, it feels like a really shitty reason tbh but that's due to the target audience CN has. I do hope more of these kinds of shows take a more Netflix route from now on. There's definitely still a market for most of them, they just need to sell to the right audience.

Unpopular opinions of mine or not...

Penn Zero: PTH

Harvey Beaks

Welcome to the Wayne (pretty much inevitable)

Wander Over Yonder (definitely needed a 3rd season)

Mighty Magiswords (although the way this show started out was a mess.)

... I could go on - all these cancellations hurt me to this day.

I'll just say this much - Streaming is the future way of ensuring shows have long, healthy lives, no matter what medium it is, not just this one - although streaming is helping this medium out quite a lot, currently.

Edited by Soldier Neo