i like anime, just a couple things i cant stand

dcrack

its obvious dat Animes love flashbacks, a little bit too much of it, naruto, bleach, etc, its cool, but it gets annoying sometimes. fighting scenes, i hate how they explain every little single technique that they do, they give a ten min speech on wat they did, by that time the ep is over with, the chars even have flashbacks during the fighting scenes.lol, compare this to somethin like justice league, when they fight there is NO TALKING.lol, i still like anime,just statin the obvious, wat yall think, do u agree?

animes use flashbacks to give people a bit more of the background of the characters, like with naruto and the sasuke flashbacks, if these werent in there people might of gotten confused about why sasuke was so obsessed with gaining power.

Also a lot of times when they explain the techniques etc. it is actually needed, it would just make the fights to confusing if they didn't and probably dull if they didn't add those techniques in as well.

So I have to kinda disagree with you on this one. Though I probably like different styles of anime than you do, like I really enjoy the storyline in most animes, and the fight scenes are normally just a bonus. I also like the intellectual parts of animes, like when they use those techniques and such. Anyway, just my thoughts on this.

@Bindy:

What kind of flashbacks are we talking about? I mean, flashing back to something that may not have been shown before does indeed add depth to the story, or just flashing back to a previous episode can give a scene more emphasis as to the character's train of thought. But indeed some series like to show a flashback for every plot point that was ever covered since episode one. Also I hate it when they just reuse the same scene to highlight every slightly related point.

As for explaining techniques there is a right way and wrong way to do it. Some do need clarification as to what just happened, but perhaps more in the way of a character's thought AS THEY ARE FIGHTING rather than a character by the sidelines asking a question to another and they get into a five minute conversation about it.

animes use flashbacks to give people a bit more of the background of the characters, like with naruto and the sasuke flashbacks, if these werent in there people might of gotten confused about why sasuke was so obsessed with gaining power.

Also a lot of times when they explain the techniques etc. it is actually needed, it would just make the fights to confusing if they didn't and probably dull if they didn't add those techniques in as well.

So I have to kinda disagree with you on this one. Though I probably like different styles of anime than you do, like I really enjoy the storyline in most animes, and the fight scenes are normally just a bonus. I also like the intellectual parts of animes, like when they use those techniques and such. Anyway, just my thoughts on this.

I agree, i never seen flashbacking as a problem, it kind of makes sense to flash back sometimes especially to understand certain parts about the characters

Is Not Necesary, letme see maiby some animes like Naruto & Bleach Makes Flashback to call the attentions for the Fanatics or in some case to explain something that is not clear. Anyways all the Anime Series are Excellents and learn from all a little things. that is the beauty of this world. n.n ^^

• 1 month later...

I like the flashbacks that help with character development and explaining motives and such. But I dislike them being so plentiful in some manga's. I do enjoy villains who remain mysterious and who's motives remain hidden. Honestly, you don't need to know every single part of a plan to enjoy it, it's also annoying when they try to make the villain seem less villainous by going "he wasn't really bad just misguided, see he had trouble past!"

Though what actually annoys me is attacks being explained before the attack happens. How about letting us see the attack and be surprised with it first then having the flashback explaining it. Huh? It'd be much cooler that way!

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Here's the official list

Flashbacks---- They are good but a 3 episodes of non stop flashbacks?! Thats a bit over the top.

Talking A LOT/ Explaining EVERY SINGLE MOVE during a fight....lame

A massive filler ( as with bleach ).....again lame

REALLY boring jokes ( as with naruto )

A character's motive being really stupid ( as with basilisk... they fight bcuz a paper says they should and tenjho tenge where kids just want to fight ANY and EVERYONE just to see who is better...c'mon not even 4 revenge?

Focusing 2 MUCH one one character ( Again naruto and bleach!!! )

Yep so thatz about it.....4 now

• 4 months later...

If all the exposition done in the middle of battles was instead done in a more intelligent matter outside of battle or rather with less words and more imagery, I would be happier. There is nothing worse than an awesome battle...and then the bad guy laughs and explains how he did what he did and not JUST KICKING THE CRAP out of a perfectly downed protagonist. When this happens the threat of the antagonist kinda seems corny and we all know the protagonist usually survives to comeback with a ace up their sleeve ONLY because the antagonist let their guard down. When the protagonist is actually beat to within an inch of his/her life, the impact of the battle takes on a more dramatic meaning. You actually feel for the character.

The most memorable battles are the ones that have very little to no dialogue.