i like anime, just a couple things i cant stand

dcrack

its obvious dat Animes love flashbacks, a little bit too much of it, naruto, bleach, etc, its cool, but it gets annoying sometimes. fighting scenes, i hate how they explain every little single technique that they do, they give a ten min speech on wat they did, by that time the ep is over with, the chars even have flashbacks during the fighting scenes.lol, compare this to somethin like justice league, when they fight there is NO TALKING.lol, i still like anime,just statin the obvious, wat yall think, do u agree?

I think your explaining what a "Filler" is xD But I would have to agree and disagree at the same time.

I agree because its like stopping in the middle of an intersection just to see how pretty some mountains are and waiting 5 episode just to admire those gosh darn mountains.

I disagree because in cases where a plot needs to be explained (i.e. Deadman Wonderland), then it leaves no room for a complete understanding of each and every character's story.

So, in essence, its possible to overdo it, and its possible to underdo it :P

As stated before multiple times, flashbacks are used to provide character development, revisit important plot points, provide motives, yada, yada, yada. It exists everywhere, and my belief on more than a few flashbacks is that they happen much quicker in the character's mind then the 30 to 50 minute long explanations that the audience is given. If someone is explaining those flashbacks, what takes 12 minutes of memories, if really 30 to 45 seconds of explanation to the other character(s).

Sometimes it's needed, other times it's simply padding that could be considered contradictory and hamhanded. It annoys viewers and it causes great amounts of gratitude for fans who adore backstory, but can't get the supplementary materials.

If you put this in a good way, then it's giving you background and detail.

However, I think they sometimes(or maybe often) use too much time to explain something... especially 2~3 or more episodes on flashback, that just time wasting

My sentiments exactly ^

I can understand what you mean. Sure flashbacks get annoying when they take up majority of the episode, this is really annoying when like naruto you only get 12 episodes every 2-3 months and you want to gets as much in as possible in thoes 12 eps, only to find out that 3 of thoes eps have flashbacks!

But thoes flashbacks play a big role, sure you might have seen them once before in a previous episode that was ages ago but they are either (a) Showing the history between two people or past events to get thoes who missed an episode or two up to speed on the situation, or (B) Setting the mood for the current events that are about to happen.

They can be annoying I agree with you, but I think it is better to have them in the anime, then not to.

The same goes with explaining certain techniques.

yeah. Most flashbacks are pure filler with very little interest fro most viewers, mostly because they seem to occur in the MIDDLE of a climatic fight etc. Also the constant monologue does get rather tiresome at times, especially when they use the same move everytime, yet insist on telling us what it is; I'm looking at you Fairy tail and One Piece.

My favourite anime fight scenes are not dialogue heavy; sword of the stranger and some of the FMAB ones.

at first i'm pretty cool with all that

you know, the explaining of techniques, flashbacks of fight scenes to reveal certain critical details

but in the case of recent naruto etc...yeah, gets kinda tedious and drawn-out

its like they're dumbing the viewers

for series like bleach or naruto shippuuden...its like the makers forget that most of the viewers have followed the show throughout the years, and over the years have actually GROWN-UP!!

but thats only in some cases when flashbacks annoy me, in the context of what OP is saying (i think)

but in most other series, flashbacks aren't used so gratuitously...vital details are often contained in flashbacks

I agree that flashbacks can be annoying and that they can be insightful for the upcoming episode/arc of an anime. But I believe (for the long running Shounens and other shows) that they are just used to fill in time/episodes. I mean yeah sometimes it is fun to see a flashback of when Naruto was young and how he interacted with the other characters as a child, but I hate the ones that just show you the same thing over and over again. Like the flashback episodes right before the Third Ninja War Arc in Naruto. I mean how many times have we seen that flashback of when Team 7 was created. >.<

Flashbacks, explaining each fight technique is pointless. Just drag of time. I'm so happy that I'm not into "Naruto", "Bleach" and the likes, as I think I would go crazy of all that non stopping past showing and explaining. Some are good, but when that "some" continues in each episode, through hell knows how much episodes... it is just... suffering. So in order to avoid that suffering it is better to avoid that type of anime or at least do as I do: skip it. Just watch most interesting parts and when comes time for yet another flashback just skip it. That way I save time and my brain (or nerve) cells.

Keeping in mind that most anime are designed for TV and rarely run sequential episodes back-to-back, most of the time a brief flash back or two is needed to quickly inform new viewers whats going on and why in the hope that they will keep watching and/or buy the series. Sometimes I find myself even needing flashbacks, especially in long anime series where several characters undergo big changes. Keeping up with the time line is sometimes hard.

In regard to lengthy fights in many series; yes a 4 episodes duel in Yugioh is a bit long and a 6 epsiode fight between Goku and pretty much most DBZ villan is fairly common, but isnt that what sets anime apart from cartoons??