Ryder1337

Why Has Animation Quality Tanked In Super?

Im obviously new to here, but I might as well starting a topic with a question I care about. I've been following Dragon Ball Super along with its airing, dubbed, on AS. and this Duplicate Vegeta side arc just looked ROUGH!  I dont get it. Does quality improve, or should I jump on the manga bandwagon?

Super overall has had terrible art and low grade animation, with only a handful of episodes being done really nicely. It's simply Toei's trademark to make episodes as quick and cheaply as possible and then slightly touch them up on Blu-ray. Heck Super episode 5 via TV airing was utterly ridiculous (look it up on Google for comparisons).

Ooze-Vegeta/Duplicate-Vegeta whatever they called it, that entire arc was extremely filler-like quality amongst a series that has mostly seemed like filler to begin with.

• Like 2

Why has it tanked?

Production schedules, mostly. Studios only have 2-3 weeks for animation production, and a lot of it is typically outsourced to save time (not money). All in all, it's gotten better, but is not at the quality it could be- with proper scheduling.