• Food Wars! The Third Plate
    • Girls' Last Tour
    • Inuyashiki
    • Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
    • Land of the Lustrous
    • Recovery of an MMO Junkie
    • The Ancient Magus' Bride

This poll is closed to new votes

Well Koby I made your standard because I *DID* vote for my nomination, because I agree, there is something unseemly about nominating something you do not plan on voting for, and I am a MASSIVE fan of The Ancient Magus' Bride.  I so rarely see something of this high caliber with mythology, especially outside of Asian mythology, by Japanese storytellers and animators.  Being of almost pure Celtic ancestry and a bit of a mystic in the old sense of the word within that ancestry I was blown away by this manga, and am VERY pleased to see the anime following it so closely across the board.  It along with Food Wars were the two manga I read over the last 5- years or so I prayed would get made into anime, I expected Food Wars to, I was less hopefully for Magus's Bride, so I have to support what is one of my most favoured anime of the decade.  So far a top three along with Yamato and of all things Moretsu Pirates this decade.

Have a good weekend all.

• Like 2

I guess I need to actually watch this Magus' Bride.

I'm working on it and not even watching it.

s'wrong with me...

Also, that shouldn't have been eligible anyway. It's a 2-cour and should have been nominated for the end of Winter 17/18 season. Since, ya know, what if it ends like shit?

Oh, well. Goof'd, we kinda did.

I blame Koby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

Also, that shouldn't have been eligible anyway. It's a 2-cour and should have been nominated for the end of Winter 17/18 season. Since, ya know, what if it ends like shit?

Oh, well. Goof'd, we kinda did.

I blame Koby.

Two cour shows are eligible for both seasons they air within, provided they didn't win the first. So for example it could be nominated this season, lose the AotS poll, and get nominated next season. But if it wins this season, it can't be nominated next season.

I'm really surprised Black Clover is doing so well... It's a decent enough watch, but it's generic cliche shounen as it could possibly be.

2 hours ago, Koby said:

Two cour shows are eligible for both seasons they air within, provided they didn't win the first. So for example it could be nominated this season, lose the AotS poll, and get nominated next season. But if it wins this season, it can't be nominated next season.

I'm really surprised Black Clover is doing so well... It's a decent enough watch, but it's generic cliche shounen as it could possibly be.

I thought you wanted the second cour of a show to be nominated at the end.

I must have forgot.

2 hours ago, Catar said:

I support two-cour shows being eligible in both seasons. It provides an interesting contrast for those shows that start off very strong, win AOTS in their first half, and then turn out to be terrible in the back half.

I disagree with Catar.

Just because.

9 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

Way to announce your threat to the public.

We are terrible people at derailing.

True, but reading your back and forth gave me my first real smile of the last couple of days (medical problems within family and I am primary caretaker, which is also why I have not been around much the last year) , and I have to thank the two of you for that.

So there you go...

*executes deep bow*

Now, back to the voting (especially for Magus' Bride people...LOL)!

The top voted anime in this pole so far are pretty lame. Girls last tour and land of the lustrous easily the 2 best shows from this season and some of the best this year. Not sure how Black Clover and Inuyashiki got so many votes I gave them both a 2/10. Magus Bride was also a massive disappointment compared to the quality of the ova, I will probably drop it and give it a 4/10.

7 minutes ago, Deafness said:

The top voted anime in this pole so far are pretty lame. Girls last tour and land of the lustrous easily the 2 best shows from this season and some of the best this year. Not sure how Black Clover and Inuyashiki got so many votes I gave them both a 2/10. Magus Bride was also a massive disappointment compared to the quality of the ova, I will probably drop it and give it a 4/10.

You are brutal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deafness said:

yeah Black clover is another attempt by Studio Pierrot to capture shonen masses 

i didnt watch Magus Bride up to date but from what i did watch its a slow character journey and also explore world of magic and how its effect real world .This series focus of life and specially on " Death" and also legacy of oneself too.

And Magus Bride almost reminded me why i love Studio Ghibli movies in a first place.

Man dont worry about top series in the poll i usually also have unpopular opinion but this season and when made in abyss came out mine and popular opinion were both matched :byebye: