Gundam Seed/Destiny

Although this is a fairly old anime, I myself have just started getting engrossed in the series, and I love the way it breaks away from other mech animes with just fighting, and actually delves into the characters stories and emotions. I have yet to start watching the second series of Gundam seed(Destiny), but I hope to buy the series on dvd sometime in the near future. Anyone else think this is a great anime series?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I disagree with the above, Seed is just a re-hash of the original series, while Destiny is more original then the follow up Zeta. Although it loses marks for Kira over-shadowing a promising new character in Shinn, and the lacklustre last episode tying up fat too many loose ends at once

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I was skeptical of Seed at first. I didn't like the characters (they all seemd too whingy), but I grew to love the plot. I agree with Blue Moon Dragoon - it's great that Seed maintained a balance between fighting and character development. That's what ultimately drew me in.

I've been meaning to watch Destiny, but all the negative comments about it have turned me away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I started late watching the series also. Its quite intriguing even though the central theme or formula stays the same. Its amazing how the characters are developed for each series. Can't wait for the new ones to come out like Unicorn ep2 or the announce movie of the Gundam 00.