Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records)

deanzel

Best Hoe/Slut/Loli/MILF?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Best Girl!!

• Sistine Fibel
    • Rumia Tinzel
    • Celica Arfonia
    • Riel Rayford
    • Other Slut (Wendy, Lynn/Rin, the Queen, maid attendant, etc)
    • GLENN RADARS-SAMA

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records)

84624l.jpg

MAL AniDB

Sistina attends a magical academy to hone her skills in the magical arts, hoping to solve the mystery of the enigmatic Sky Castle. After the retirement of her favorite teacher, the replacement, Glen, turns out to be a tardy, lazy, and seemingly incompetent bastard of an instructor. How is it that Glen was hand-picked by the best magician in the academy?!

Episode 1:

AOTY. Picked this one up on a whim and I really enjoyed the first episode so far. It's got a nice base set of girls so far and I'm feeling the humor. I actually read all the manga last night after watching the first episode, and if things follow along, this should actually be a pretty solid show. Really nice animation and character designs so far and Glen is a ball-star. And so many great faces in the first episode...

bM5xnBm.gif

Spoiler

4WI1gxyqUXYaHxJIqvsEBLPVFeV.jpg

hpzp0GgZYKdtJ41KnXUgFDmvSM0.jpg

yJTx5sfXov0cts9r61aVMI9opuM.jpg

1kmEvsqYnxA7fy6vtpAmy1Qo9Gu.jpg

Episode 2:
I love that we're getting right into the thick of things rather than stalling a bit on the slower material. Glenn is already showing glimpses of his former "BOSS" self. The main battle in the next episode is going to be absolutely lit and I hope it gets animated pretty well. Can't wait!

Edited by deanzel
  • Like 1

I have to concur, I picked this one up as well this season, and I'm hooked from the start just from the first 2 episodes. If the manga indicates anything, I don't think this one will let me down in the slightest.

I'll definitely have this one hosted on my XDCC bot every Tuesday. The link to those files is in my signature.

• Like 2

vFQArX1Ctk10qJgOdOdorsudKYB.jpg

Well, another great episode but they definitely had to rush through the events to cover everything in this one episode. The studio could have taken a little more time and added one more episode to flesh out the battles over the past two episodes, but they still did a good job of covering most of the important content. For the bigger fans, I do recommend reading the manga chapters of this arc (and probably the others) as they do flesh things out a little better.

Glenn being a badass and Sistine having some great moments as usual. Nice little looks at Sera here (which is a good sign for how far the anime adaptation will go) and Rumia being Rumia. Next up is the Magic Competition arc which was one of my personal favorites, and I'm very excited to see it adapted. This is where basically Glenn is confirmed as greatest MC ever. Bring it on!!

• 2 weeks later...

FzJsmwNa6ruejNfbigYiCLFmIH.jpg

Episode 4:

Nice. This was actually a well-paced episode adapting the source material without rushing through everything. It's nice that they're letting this arc breathe a little since it is pretty epic overall. Gave us some nice background on Rumia x Queen, and even had that nice Lynn/Rin moment. And poor Rumia... When will people stop trying to kidnap/kill/molest her?

Not any time soon...

On 5/10/2017 at 5:10 AM, itlife said:

I like the characters but the girl uniform is kinda weird to me. It has a good opening but I don't know if the story is still interesting from this point on.

Ya, the uniforms have struck me as odd. The rest of the show hasn't been such blatant fan service, and, for me at least, it has been interesting enough to not need it. I'm hoping there might be some lore reason, even it doesn't really make too much sense.