Doubts about seasonal purchases in iTunes

Jpwin

To get an iTunes file on the PC, I need to convert it?

Example: I buy a season of some series, will it go direct to the files on my PC? Or is it inside iTunes for me to watch? And if I want the season of some series on Mkv do I need to convert it from iTunes? Or iTunes already give me that format?

Can anyone explain how the TV Season purchasing process works in iTunes?

2 hours ago, diamonddustlove said:

My itunes folder is in the music folder on my PC that's where itunes files will go. You shouldn't need to convert the files and you actually can't until you remove the drm from each file. But you'll only be able to watch these videos on the itunes software or quicktime video player, or an apple device.

I understood your explanation, but how and the process of these WEB-DLS that are in mkv? The files are from iTunes right? And also the music files already come in the m4a format? And can I play them on other devices?

Edited by Jpwin

There's software that removes DRM but they are pricey. Because of the DRM you can only play it on apple devices but you shouldn't have a problem watching them on a PC. I've only downloaded one series from iTunes and that was way back in 2011. I try to avoid iTunes because of all their restrictions. If you don't mind me asking what series are you wanting to get?

6 hours ago, diamonddustlove said:

There's software that removes DRM but they are pricey. Because of the DRM you can only play it on apple devices but you shouldn't have a problem watching them on a PC. I've only downloaded one series from iTunes and that was way back in 2011. I try to avoid iTunes because of all their restrictions. If you don't mind me asking what series are you wanting to get?

I understood everything now, thanks for the explanation! I intended to get some old series etc, but from what you explained to me I think I'm going to analyze iTunes more, to see if I'll let it go, if I leave, I'll try another platform.

For a long time, Requiem was commonly used, which is open source, but the developer abandoned it after version 4.1, which only supports up to iTunes 10.7. It continued to work for a long time as long as you downgraded to iTunes 10.7, but Apple recently disabled 1080p download and playback in iTunes versions older than 11.1, so now Requiem is only able to remove DRM from 720p at most.

Thereis a paid app called TunesKit which works with iTunes 12 and 1080p, you can find a cracked version in this thread. Per my explanation there, it losslessly removes DRM from the video and AC3 5.1 audio, however, AAC 2.0 audio is further transcoded to the same lossy AAC format, which means there is some loss in quality, though it's generally not audible. At least for now, Requiem can still be used to extract the AAC audio losslessly, which is mainly a concern if the movie/show doesn't have AC3 audio.

Edited by nyuszika7h