Is rage quitting a problem?

Pacific85

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think a bigger plague is the culture that has sprung up around rage-shaming. These days if you play online and you decide you've had enough for the day at the end of the day... well, if you lose before you shut it off, you get accused of "rage quitting." If you play until you have a victory to avoid that, you still get accused of rage quitting. It's almost like you have to be good enough to win every challenger you meet or you aren't allowed to stop playing (and it's almost like some people use this as a way of insinuating that you shouldn't have started to play at all). Shares a lot of similarities with "trolling" in that regard, where people just abuse the word until it doesn't have any meaning left.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 9:23 AM, PhoenixPress said:

I think a bigger plague is the culture that has sprung up around rage-shaming. These days if you play online and you decide you've had enough for the day at the end of the day... well, if you lose before you shut it off, you get accused of "rage quitting." If you play until you have a victory to avoid that, you still get accused of rage quitting. It's almost like you have to be good enough to win every challenger you meet or you aren't allowed to stop playing (and it's almost like some people use this as a way of insinuating that you shouldn't have started to play at all). 

And this is EXACTLY why I don't play online games.