Nintendo Switch

Dervell

• 1 month later...

My Satisfye Gaming Grip finally came in today (waited since the summer with the crowd funding thing), and it's amazing. It's big as hell but good lord it improves the ergonomics of the handheld Switch by leaps and bounds. I legitimately feel like I'm playing with a regular controller and my hands will not go into complete pain if I'm playing Hollow Knight or any other platformers in handheld mode. I highly recommend it to anyone else who tends to get sore hands when playing in handheld mode. Pics below:

9bVzf7h.jpg

TxCm15B.jpg

ytuoxoS.jpg

lPuKBpP.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deanzel said:

My Satisfye Gaming Grip finally came in today (waited since the summer with the crowd funding thing), and it's amazing. It's big as hell but good lord it improves the ergonomics of the handheld Switch by leaps and bounds. I legitimately feel like I'm playing with a regular controller and my hands will not go into complete pain if I'm playing Hollow Knight or any other platformers in handheld mode. I highly recommend it to anyone else who tends to get sore hands when playing in handheld mode.

Great piece of kit. Got it myself. Best grip there is I can say. Did you just get the grip or the Elite bundle?

Edited by pixxelherz
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, pixxelherz said:

Great piece of kit. Got it myself. Best grip there is I can say. Did you just get the grip or the Elite bundle?

Just the grip. I was thinking about the Elite bundle but that carrying case is just sooooooooooo big. There's like almost no point to it. I'd rather than just put my Switch in its regular carrying case and have the grip out in the open in my bag if I was taking it somewhere else.

Edited by deanzel
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 1:11 PM, SamosAaraon said:

Oh, thanks a bunch. Just checked it and shipping is only 10 bucks, so I immediately ordered:)

Yah, this grip is a god send. Sooooooo much more comfortable than anything before it. I had the Orzy Comfort Grip before and it was just so so. This has the legitimate handles/wings on the controller which makes it so much more comfortable to hold. Also, I really do like how the right side is slightly offset in order to more comfortably reach the buttons and analog stick. For the price, this is an absolute no brainer.

Here's a pretty good review of it. And honestly now is the perfect time to order. Before it was brutal because we had to wait for all the crowdfunding and manufacturing to finish, but now they have all/most of their shipments completed and it's literally just "order and ship" now.

Edited by deanzel

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. Right after I get my grip, they release the f'n Limited Edition Holiday Bundle that I would have LOVED to have gotten instead with a red/black grip and the new SLIM case.

https://satisfye.com/products/limited-edition-holiday-bundle

Holiday-Bundle-Hero_800x.jpg

Plus, you can enter the discount code BACKER15 for 15% off the order (it's supposed to be a code for the backers but anyone can use it). Total with shipping ($10) comes out to $50. I'm super tempted to get this and maybe try to sell my original black grip. While I love the red/black colorway, I realized that it might not look so good with my purple joy-cons and my alternate pink/green joycons. I'll definitely order the new SLIM case when that becomes available for separate purchase. I didn't like the original big case because it was so... well big. This looks like the perfect dimension. If anyone hasn't placed an order and would like to, here is the chance for a nice deal. Apparently these will sell out soon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koby said:

Besides Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade 2, what other Switch games would you recommend? Preferably Switch exclusives or new updated ports of classics.

Mainly enjoy jrpgs, hack-n-slash, and games like Devil May Cry and Resident Evil.

Zelda Breath of the Wild is legitimately one of the best games of all time and definitely in the past decade. It's the perfect amount of action swordplay, Rpg elements, exploration/quests, etc. Super Mario Odyssey is so god damn amazing as well and transcends platformer barriers. Bayonetta 3 is coming out for Switch which sounds like your cup of tea.

There are just tons of amazing games that I could keep listing but what I like most is the form factor. Portability that maintains the quality of a home console is so underrated. I've enjoyed so many more different kinds and types of games that I wouldn't have played before. Plus it is definitely perfect for Addie as well as the child library is great and it has tons of co-op options in all its biggest games (Mario Odyssey, Donkey Kong Country, etc). It's a good complement to the PS4's library. If there is a good BF deal, I'd pounce on one. I do know the Switch plus Mario Kart 8 bundle will be on sale for $300.

Edited by deanzel

5 minutes ago, deanzel said:

Zelda Breath of the Wild is legitimately one of the best games of all time and definitely in the past decade. It's the perfect amount of action swordplay, Rpg elements, exploration/quests, etc.

Wouldn't the Wii U version be preferred though?

Super Mario Odyssey is so god damn amazing as well and transcends platformer barriers.

Honestly haven't really played much of Mario related anything since SNES-era, but I've definitely been itching to try a new one, just wasn't sure where to begin lol. Enjoyed the 2d side-scrollers back in the day, but wasn't too crazy about the 3D N64 version.

Bayonetta 3 is coming out for Switch which sounds like your cup of tea.

While it does seem like it would be, I played the first when it came out and just didn't care for it. I can't explain it. So I never revisited the franchise. I didn't even check out the anime film that was made either.

1 hour ago, Koby said:

Nintendo Switch is superior to the WiiU in terms of both hardware and peripherals with the joy-cons and its motion control. Honestly, I basically forgot that BotW is available for WiiU because no one owns one any more. It's essentially a Switch exclusive in my mind.

2 minutes ago, deanzel said:

Nintendo Switch is superior to the WiiU in terms of both hardware and peripherals with the joy-cons and its motion control. Honestly, I basically forgot that BotW is available for WiiU because no one owns one any more. It's essentially a Switch exclusive in my mind.

Wow, really? The Switch has better graphics than the Wii U?

6 hours ago, Koby said:

You could argue the the Wii U emulator version of BoTW is preferred. You get quite the selection of graphical mods and a much higher resolution. Of course you'd need a somewhat beefy specked PC for it and lose the portability of the game.

Edited by pixxelherz

31 minutes ago, pixxelherz said:

You could argue the the Wii U emulator version of BoTW is preferred. You get quite the selection of graphical mods and a much higher resolution. Of course you'd need a somewhat beefy specked PC for it and lose the portability of the game.

Maybe but Cemu still needs a lot of development and most games don't run on it very well if at all. BotW isn't even listed at all on the compatibility page. But the Switch emulator is probably just as much undeveloped currently. So playing it on either a legitimate Wii U or Switch would pretty much be the only way to ensure proper play-through currently.