List of decent action anime?

joserizal

DEFINITELY try attack on titan! full of great action scenes. Also psycho-pass! that is a must watch! maybe try Cowboy bebop if you are looking for sci-fi themed anime (its a sci-fi western) + it's a classic ! also Steins;Gate is one of my favorites its great especially if you like psychological anime and or time travel concepts (probably my favorite anime ever). Robotics;Notes has also been good so far (only recently started watching). Death note is another must watch great story line and characters!  others that deserve a mention: Code Geass (good plot and characters with plenty of action), Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night UBW (beautiful animation good plot - especially fate zero), Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is also a great shout for storyline, Terror in resonance is another favorite for me the plot line had me hooked and the characters were great too!, Tokyo ghoul and parasyte are also worth a mention. For funny anime it just depends on your sense of humor I personally enjoyed D-Frag and samurai champloo for the lighter stuff, I also found The world god only knows quite amusing (If you are okay with harems I strongly recommend this one).

sorry for the barrage of recommendations haha hope these help you out a bit :)

#note this copied and pasted from my comment on recommendations from another thread cba to type it all out again haha anyway hope these are good for you

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Like daethlor, I'll refrain from suggesting repeats.

I watched the Cowboy Bebop movie recently. If you watched the series then the movie is pretty much a must watch, but it stands alone pretty well. I see Moby JJ already recommended the series, but if you don't want to start a new series right now the movie is a nice dip in the water.

And I'll throw in a personal favorite, super campy action movie Read or Die OVA. Way over the top and just a fun time.

• 2 weeks later...

Broken Blade

Claymore

Afro Samurai (movie and TV show)

Any of the Fate series

Garo: The Animation

Those are just off the top of my head. You might IGPX as well. The CGI is dated, but I think the choreography is great. One of the most underrated shows to come from Production I.G. in my opinion.

One-punch man (no brainer)

Mob Psycho 100

Black Lagoon

Cowboy Bebop

Fairy Tail

Naruto

Katanagatari

Samurai Champloo

Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night

Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan

Kill la Kill

Boku no Hero Academia (episodes 9-13 are where it gets good)

Avatar the Last Airbender and Korra (honestly the Avatar series has better action animation than 80% of anime I've seen)

FMA Brotherhood (Classic)

BACCANO!

Shingeki no Kyojin

Tokyo Ghoul

Soul Eater

Hunter x Hunter

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Psycho Pass

Akame Ga Kill

Ao No Exorcist

Seven Deadly Sins

Rurouni Kenshin