Underage users

Pacific85

15 minutes ago, Pacific85 said:

Is the website allows underage people to have an account?

What are you referring to as underage? Do you mean minors, or do you mean some other specific user age?

We allow minors here of course. Shoot when Kametsu was first made, I was only like 14 or 15. However as with any online site, people under the age of 13 technically are not suppose to be allowed to join without some sort of Coppa form being filled out by their parents and faxed to the site owners. We have that whole setup disabled though because no one would ever actually use it even if it was enabled and secondly we don't have a fax nor would I want to go through all that.

So yeah, basically anyone under the age of 13, by law, isn't suppose to join such sites, but in the end, it's so easy to fake your age, especially on sites that don't even actually request your age, much less require any sort of proof that the age is legit. Hell facebook has all sorts of kids on it, despite technically not suppose to be having anyone under 13. So as you can see, it's basically something that is pretty much impossible to enforce in any realistic way.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Koby said:

What are you referring to as underage? Do you mean minors, or do you mean some other specific user age?

We allow minors here of course. Shoot when Kametsu was first made, I was only like 14 or 15. However as with any online site, people under the age of 13 technically are not suppose to be allowed to join without some sort of Coppa form being filled out by their parents and faxed to the site owners. We have that whole setup disabled though because no one would ever actually use it even if it was enabled and secondly we don't have a fax nor would I want to go through all that.

So yeah, basically anyone under the age of 13, by law, isn't suppose to join such sites, but in the end, it's so easy to fake your age, especially on sites that don't even actually request your age, much less require any sort of proof that the age is legit. Hell facebook has all sorts of kids on it, despite technically not suppose to be having anyone under 13. So as you can see, it's basically something that is pretty much impossible to enforce in any realistic way.

Ok Thanks. That really interesting in the history of the site.

1 hour ago, Koby said:

-snip-

Somewhat related to the topic, it reminds me of the legalities of gambling skins on CS:GO. How a child can just click a button and say they're 18. I'm totally a victim of it, but it's so easy just to fake your age. There's basically no protection besides a form being sent to the administrator(s) of said site.

• Koby locked this topic