Where are my favorite uploaders now?

aliqandil

Well, KAT died and all with a lot of good material, communities and uploaders.
So lets try to find our good uploaders again or find out if they stopped with KAT.

Post who you are looking for or who you've found. Twitter accounts, Extratorrent, TPB, ...

For example, I'm personally looking for Joybell/[Joy]  to see if I can get the rest of Big bang theory.

And If I can count myself as a decent uploader, Now I'm on Extratorrent and Telegram.

• Like 1

My favorite uploaders at KAT were pseudo and bonkai77.

AnimeRG/pseudo-releases (http://animerg.se/) is basically everywhere tho (except nyaa for some reason), so not hard to find.

bonkai77 said https://anidex.moe when asked where to find his releases, but has basically been inactive since KAT went down but says he will still upload. (Looking forward to his upcomming Clannad-release)

Don't know if Kametsu-releases officially got uploaded to KAT, but still found alot of the releases there which is how i ended up here after KAT went down, so i still could get the awesome Kametsu-releasesxD

Edited by Fishmonster
Spell chekc :-P

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2016 at 8:03 AM, Fishmonster said:

My favorite uploaders at KAT were pseudo and bonkai77.

AnimeRG/pseudo-releases (http://animerg.se/) is basically everywhere tho (except nyaa for some reason), so not hard to find.

bonkai77 said https://anidex.moe when asked where to find his releases, but has basically been inactive since KAT went down but says he will still upload. (Looking forward to his upcomming Clannad-release)

Don't know if Kametsu-releases officially got uploaded to KAT, but still found alot of the releases there which is how i ended up here after KAT went down, so i still could get the awesome Kametsu-releasesxD

AnimeRG and pseudo are both shit groups though. AnimeRG got banned from Nyaa for their consistency in being the absolute worst. They often just steal other groups work without credit and re-encode it to worst quality and take credit for it.

As for pseudo, most of his work has audio issues, either random glitches or completely out of sync. He also re-encodes lossy audio again, which means his releases have terribly low quality audio on top of all the other issues.

But yeah Kametsu did upload some of their stuff to KAT, even though most groups who actually knew how to make proper releases didn't use KAT because it was mostly filled with garbage groups that got banned everywhere else. Or they were just bots who mass posted torrents on all of the public torrent sites.

On 8/30/2016 at 6:47 AM, aliqandil said:

For example, I'm personally looking for Joybell/[Joy]  to see if I can get the rest of Big bang theory.

If you're wanting small file size, your best option would be HiSD over on BTN. They're around 280MB an episode at 1024x576p sourced from Blu-ray.

Otherwise EbP for 720p and ESiR for 1080p are much better offerings than any KAT releaser.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Koby said:

AnimeRG and pseudo are both shit groups though. AnimeRG got banned from Nyaa for their consistency in being the absolute worst. They often just steal other groups work without credit and re-encode it to worst quality and take credit for it.

As for pseudo, most of his work has audio issues, either random glitches or completely out of sync. He also re-encodes lossy audio again, which means his releases have terribly low quality audio on top of all the other issues.

I wont defend AnimeRG cus i dont have any experience with their releases, except for pseudo's uploads, whom i think recently joined AnimeRG, which is the only reason i mentioned them. And if they re-encode other peoples releases without giving credit thats just shitty.

As for audio-issues on pseudo-releases, i cant say i've noticed any. I'm still quite new to anime in general, so havnt seen many of Pseudo's releases, which is why i trust you know more about the quality than me.

But as for me, when i decide which version of a series to keep, I look at quality compared to size. So if i cant really tell much difference from just listening whether the show has flac/lossy audio or acc-192kbps, I usually go for the acc cus of the size. And the same goes for video, if i cant notice much difference between a 1gb video file vs a 250MB video, i just keep the 250MB, even tho i know that the 1GB file has higher bitrate.

There are many garbage releases-groups out there, and i have several i shy away from cus I know the quality of what they release are pure shit.

Well I was one of the KAT uploaders back then when It died. And I am still working on stuff now.

Also FK99 from KAT is still there but has been working with UTR on PrivateHD for a bit.

On 8/31/2016 at 2:03 PM, Fishmonster said:

Bonkai put his Clannad Release on Anidex/Anirena. (I have direct communication with him, so I know what he is releasing)

JoyBell is in UTR so he most likely is on PrivateHD with the internal encoding group.

Edited by i509VCB