91 Days

Koby

91 Days

ghOosMV.jpg

MAL

Synopsis

During Prohibition, the law held no power and the mafia ruled the town.

The story takes place in Lawless, a town thriving on black market sales of illicitly brewed liquor. Avilio returns to Lawless after some time away, following the murder of his family in a mafia dispute there.

One day, Avilio receives a letter from a mysterious sender, prompting him to return to Lawless for revenge. He then infiltrates the Vanetti family, the ones responsible for his family's murder, and sets about befriending the don's son, Nero, to set his vengeance in motion.

Killing brings more killing, and revenge spawns more revenge. How will the 91-day story of these men guided by a tragic fate end?

• Like 1

Seems like a nice Prohibition-era Mafia related story so far. The cast is interesting, the opening scenes show there is more to the story of MC's intentions on returning to the town after a 7 year time jump. It's intriguing, the pacing and execution was spot on. I hope it can keep it up.

• Like 1

Episode 2 was just as good, nice progress in the storyline with lots of suspense and drama. See, even told you this was like Psycho Pass before hearing the OP, which is sung by TK from Ling Tosite Sigure who does the OP of Psycho Pass 1 and 2. 

Nice little plot twist right at the end as well, good cliffhanger for Episode 3!

Episode 4 was a bit out there. The comedic moments kind of clashed with the tone of the series and the Goliath being able to come out unscathed from being rammed by a car (which totaled the car btw) broke any realism the show had going for it. It doesn't help that despite being fully immune to being hit by a car, that he was hurt so much from a single stab of a knife.

Overall you can see the friendship of the two main guys building, but we all know it won't last. Nero was involved in the killing of Avilio's family and this is a story of vengeance so we can only assume something will break them apart similar to what we saw in Gungrave between Brandon Heat and Harry MacDowel. Will Avilio forgive Nero and be friends or will his desire for vengeance force him to try to take out Nero who he seems to be growing a friendship with?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koby said:

Episode 4 was a bit out there. The comedic moments kind of clashed with the tone of the series and the Goliath being able to come out unscathed from being rammed by a car (which totaled the car btw) broke any realism the show had going for it. It doesn't help that despite being fully immune to being hit by a car, that he was hurt so much from a single stab of a knife.

Overall you can see the friendship of the two main guys building, but we all know it won't last. Nero was involved in the killing of Avilio's family and this is a story of vengeance so we can only assume something will break them apart similar to what we saw in Gungrave between Brandon Heat and Harry MacDowel. Will Avilio forgive Nero and be friends or will his desire for vengeance force him to try to take out Nero who he seems to be growing a friendship with?

Personally, I believe for starters that this is one of the most enjoyably and worthy of my time consuming show I have had in quite a while cause it mainly gives a realistic vibe of the Prohibition era wiith decent animation, interesting and well made characters and original story-plot.

Now, I believe that Angelo killing Nero is an understatement. The chances of him losing heart and deciding to cast away vengeance to start a true frienship isn't a characteristic of the series' lore in my opinion. But, you never know. Everything is possible. Also, what I'm truly interested to find out in the upcoming episode(s) is who in blazes is the 4th person responsible for the death of Angelo's family. I pray for him to be one of the Orcos cause I really hate all of its members so far so nothing would give me a bigger satisfaction that to see Angelo destroying them (and especially Don Orco-the guy seriously ordered for the death of his chef just because of some lousy butter? :S).

Anyway, I'm really excited about this series and it's definitely NOT a drop for me if it goes on like this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now, I'm someone who actually likes dubs and will watch them over the alternatives if they're available so don't think I'm someone who is just hating on dubs just because... I know there are a lot of people in the anime fandom like that. But...

My god the accents are fucking shitty on the 91 Days English dub. Avilio sounds like some half asleep drunk kid trying to imitate a grown mans italian 'godfather'-esque accent. And Fango sounds even worse. Fango sounds like someone with down syndrome trying to imitate an autistic kids imitation of an italian accent. By far the worst dub I've heard in decades. It's so bad, I'm not even going to bother doing a dual-audio remux. Gonna just archive Japanese audio.

• Like 1