FUNimation finally licenses remaining 'D.Gray-man' episodes

Koby

rwwLLi8.jpgWe’ve got some exciting news! After FUNimation's announcement of D.Gray-man HALLOW last week, many fans of the franchise have been wondering about the episodes that are not available from Funimation. Currently episodes 1-51 are available on home video and are streaming on FunimationNow but not episodes 52-103, which are the episodes that lead up to D.Gray-man HALLOW

Well, FUNimation has officially announced they have now acquired those remaining episodes (52-103) of D.Gray-man! For the timing of the release on these episodes, we will share more information as soon as it is available.  Thank you for your patience, and we hope that this has brightened up your day!

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Catar said:

Hmm. But do we expect them to actually dub the rest, and in a timely manner? 

They haven't said, but I figure it will be dubbed, but probably not exactly in a timely manner. It's more likely they'll have them up for streaming subtitled only sometime during this season, but dvd releases likely won't be announced until the end of the year for a release sometime next year. When they do release it on dvd, it'd probably be like 12-13 episode sets every 2-3 months. I wonder if perhaps they'll pick back up the upscaled Blu-rays they were doing.

Honestly I'm hoping they change the cast, that's unlikely, but I felt FUNimations dub cast was way off the mark for this show. For example Kanda sounded like an old man dying of lung cancer, yet in the series he's something like 17 years old or something (I forget his age).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Catar said:

Hm. I haven't watched it, only just getting interested now due to the new series. Would this be worth picking up then, perhaps? Or is the dub bad enough that I should go with subbed? (with the caveat I have a high tolerance for weak dubs)

You might find it more enjoyable not having had watched the subs. I watched the show when it was still airing in Japan, and I did so via Shinsen-subs. So the Japanese cast did of course grow on me, and I never watched the English dub through, I just skipped through it and upon hearing Kanda especially, I turned it off. I mean I can do with weak dubs at times, but I just simply do not get how FUNimation could have possibly thought it was a good idea for such a voice for such a character.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Inverti said:

It's almost been a year, and there's still no news regarding the remaining half of D Gray Man S1 from Funimation. Eventually, they'll get the remaining EPs out, but who knows when? Probably early 2018 if we're lucky.

Not to mention we still haven't got a US Blu-Ray for D.Gray-Man Hallow yet...

3 hours ago, Toddler Naruto said:

Not to mention we still haven't got a US Blu-Ray for D.Gray-Man Hallow yet...

Probably won't considering there was apparently some issues with the materials which led to the cancellation of the Japanese Blu-ray before any of it was released, so we never even got that either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koby said:

Probably won't considering there was apparently some issues with the materials which led to the cancellation of the Japanese Blu-ray before any of it was released, so we never even got that either.

I don't really care if Hallow gets a Bluray release, in Japan or the US; I'm fine with the HDTV dual audio rip you guys synced. I just hope that doesn't affect Funimation's speed in getting the remaining D Gray Man shit out. 

1 hour ago, Toddler Naruto said:

Nope. When they say S03 they means Episodes 52-78 of the original series.

ANN linked it to the Hallow page, though. We'll have to wait for further details. I do hope it's the original series, and not Hallow though. Again, I'm fine with the TV rips I got. Now, I'm not saying you're wrong, but do you have an additional source that supports your claim?

Edited by Inverti