"Young Justice" Showrunner Is Ready To Go For Season 3

mlauzon

youngjustice

Young Justice showrunner Brandon Vietti would be just as happy as fans to see more seasons of the defunct animated series, he told ComicBook.com during a red carpet interview for his new film LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League ‑ Cosmic Clash.

Following the massive outpouring of fan support for a third season -- renewed yet again when Season Two recently made its way to Netflix, we asked the producer whether he thought there was any hope for a third season of the cult favorite.

"I don't know," said Vietti with a laugh. "That's the best answer I can give you. I'd be happy to do another one; Greg [Weisman] would be; Phil Bourassa, the character designer. We'd all in a heartbeat come back to do a third season if the Powers-That-Be feel they want to do that."

You can see the interview below.

There are stories already conceived for what would be future seasons, Vietti revealed, and a series bible that goes well beyond what's already been created.

"I love that world. We were not done telling stories; we had tons of ideas for more seasons ready to go, so yeah, I'd love to get into it."

He added that Weisman had been writing a timeline for the show, including stories that have already been broken in previous seasons, didn't make it into the existing shows for whatever reason, and were ultimately planned for Season Three.

Young Justice aired on Cartoon Network until its cancellation in 2013, and spanned two seasons, a video game, and a tie-in comic book series. Since its cancellation, the show has had a steady stream of support from fans asking for more.

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/27/young-justice-showrunner-is-ready-to-go-for-season-3/

I want this to happen so badly. I love the show alot, was so sad when it got canceled. Supposedly, Netflix is looking at the numbers for Young Justice right now, and if it's viewed on Netflix enough times, Netflix will green light a season 3 after they get rights to produce it. I've already watched it twice ( I let it run in the back ground on Netflix while doing something else just to make sure it gets views for Netflix). I just hope they see that people watch it, and want a season 3 very badly. Tell anyone you know with a Netflix account to stream it as much as possible! Let's get this awesome show back everyone!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DigiPokeMon said:

Hopelly Netflix will nenew Young Justice. for seasons 3+. I would but I currently do not have netflix at the moment. 

I hope so as well, fingers crossed. I understand that, I just got it myself about 4 or 5 months ago honestly. The original content they produce is really good to awesome I'd say, and It's decently cheap for the service.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2016 at 4:48 PM, Jakers80 said:

I want this to happen so badly. I love the show alot, was so sad when it got canceled. Supposedly, Netflix is looking at the numbers for Young Justice right now, and if it's viewed on Netflix enough times, Netflix will green light a season 3 after they get rights to produce it. I've already watched it twice ( I let it run in the back ground on Netflix while doing something else just to make sure it gets views for Netflix). I just hope they see that people watch it, and want a season 3 very badly. Tell anyone you know with a Netflix account to stream it as much as possible! Let's get this awesome show back everyone!

Will do.

• 1 month later...

I would even settle for a few movies in this world... the 'timeline' and arcs for DC seem to be a problem in this version of their heroes, but since they do all the tangental timelines in the DC Animated Universe, I would even love a couple movies to help send the series off properly.

It was one of the best animated comic shows ever, IMHO.

5 hours ago, mbv arkestra said:

I would even settle for a few movies in this world... the 'timeline' and arcs for DC seem to be a problem in this version of their heroes, but since they do all the tangental timelines in the DC Animated Universe, I would even love a couple movies to help send the series off properly.

It was one of the best animated comic shows ever, IMHO.

Agreed. Even though I'd much prefer another season (at least) or 5 more really haha I would be good with a movie or 2 to wrap up the series. It deserves at least a movie for wrap up I think, and I think alot of fans are craving almost anything at this point to send off the series and have some kind of closure for the Young Justice TV series. I really hope Neflix got the numbers they were looking for to justify getting the rights to it and making something happen with the property. Fingers and toes crossed for luck lol

9 hours ago, darkjoker187 said:

i can not wait for them to start a new season for this show. and just hope that the show is the same from the first two seasons

Me too. If it gets picked up for a 3rd season or movie, whatever the case may be, I'm hoping they don't tamper with the formula that made the original show work so well.