Spring 2016 Anime Season

Koby

Spring 2016 Anime Chart

GOD EATER is aired during the Winter so it being on this chart is an error.

aO5fycO.jpg

In my opinion this season looks weak, probably made even more so after such a strong Winter season. There is pretty much nothing I'm definitely interested in for the Spring season.

I'll probably check out Kabaneri and Mayoiga, but I'm not sold on them.

I still need to watch previous seasons of Terra Formars and Magi to even know if I'd be interested in those this season.

I'll be watching the Rage of Bahamut spin-off but it's been confirmed to be a short anime consisting of 5 minute long episodes. O.o

• Like 2

• Koby pinned this topic

Chart updated to v2. Neregate still hasn't corrected their misinformation about GOD EATER though. They re-aired 1-9 starting from beginning of Winter season and 10-13 continued on from that running. No gap and it'll be fully aired before Spring season even starts. So I've pretty much loss faith in the accuracy of these charts from Neregate.

IMO these charts should have a separate category these days for 'short anime' (since this format seems to be getting popular) like the Bahamut spin-off that is only going to have 5 minute long episodes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Koby said:

Chart updated to v2. Neregate still hasn't corrected their misinformation about GOD EATER though. They re-aired 1-9 starting from beginning of Winter season and 10-13 continued on from that running. No gap and it'll be fully aired before Spring season even starts. So I've pretty much loss faith in the accuracy of these charts from Neregate.

IMO these charts should have a separate category these days for 'short anime' (since this format seems to be getting popular) like the Bahamut spin-off that is only going to have 5 minute long episodes.

i agree about the short anime section being needed

as when you look at this chart you have no idea its short

they can at least label it as such as its misleading

I counted 11+ short form anime for this Spring. Definitely not the greatest batch of new shows, but there are some promising ones. Seisen Cerberus, Mayoiga, Big Order, and Bungou Stray Dogs look interesting.  Happily looking forward to more Asterisk, Future Card Buddyfight, and Sailor Moon. Can't forget the new Beyblade Burst, and Magi: Sinbad anime.

Now that I look at it.... Guess it's not that bad.... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

If someone is up to the task, feel free to make the series topics, no one has for most of them so far.

Anyhow here's my take so far:

• Endride - iffy episode 1... Possible Drop
  • Re:Zero - Seems like a mix between KonoSuba, Erased, and Grimgar just like people said. Definitely enjoyed ep 1. Good
  • Joker Game - Interesting ep 1, the mind game is decent. Good
  • Twin Star Exorcist - Story seems odd yet generic. Iffy first ep. Possible Drop
  • Bungou Stray Dogs - Wow was that terrible or what... Dropped
  • Kabaneri - Hasn't aired yet
  • Big Order - Hasn't aired yet
  • Mayoiga - Bad ep 1 but still a lil intrigued so I'll check out ep 2. Possible Drop
  • Kiznaiver - It's Trigger so I'm not expecting much. It looks terrible, but synopsis is intriguing. Hasn't aired yet
  • Flying Witch - Hasn't aired yet

I have some hope that Kabaneri and Flying Witch will be great. Big Order I'm a little iffy on, but it is by the same author as The Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) which I really liked so I'm going to give it a chance. That OVA that came out last year though wasn't very good. Pretty much all of those that hadn't aired yet will have done so by this Sunday so I should be able to update my list by Monday or Tuesday depending on when I get the chance to catch up on the shows from the weekend as I'm usually too busy to watch stuff during that time.

Too many shows this season intrigued me but I by no means have the time or capacity to be able to sit down weekly to watch this many so I knew going in that a show would have to hit a certain interest level for me to keep going or I'd have to choose to drop it so I can find time to keep up with other shows and possibly watch at least one show in my back log (that hasn't ever gone away).

Endride is the only show above that is getting the Broadcast dub treatment, but I don't think I'm going to wait for it this go around. It'll be like another 5 weeks before that premieres and I'm unsure if I even want to invest in Endride to begin with.

• Like 2

Here's my list so far, includes ones I am looking out for as well

Bakuon!! - First episode was decent and quirky, may drop
Boku no Hero Academia - First episode was ok
Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV - What can I say its Final Fantasy
Bungou Stray Dogs - The first episode of this one was pretty good
Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou 2nd Season - Not Aired as of yet
Endride - First episode was decent, will see
Flying Witch - Not Aired as of yet
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season - First episode started off were season 1 stopped.
Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! - AKA Ace Attorney, will see
Hundred - This one started off well, but another High School super power anime
Joker Game - This one looks interesting
Kiznaiver - This one also look s interesting, can't tell much from episode 1
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - The first Epsiode was insane, hopefully the rest are the same :)
Kuromukuro - Not aired as of yet
Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) 2nd Season - Not aired os of yet
Kuma Miko - Nor bad first episode, but may drop
Macross Δ - What can I say its Macross ::)
Magi: Sinbad no Bouken (TV) - Not aired as of yet
Mayoiga - I really did not get into the first episode much, will see
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - What can I say its Mobile Suit Gundam
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - I did watch the original first 3 series, this one starts off with a good note.
Sakamoto desu ga? - Not aried as of yet
Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités - This one has some promising aspects
Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends - Not aired as of yet
Shounen Maid - Not aried as of yet
Sousei no Onmyouji - The first episode was quite good
Sword Gai - Not aired as of yet
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge - Not aried as of yet
Terra Formars Revenge - DO not need to say much here, watch it if your not :)
Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season - Not bad, goes as season 1 did 

Will see how the season progresses.  You can see ore at my MAL site.

Edited by Beave
Watched Koutetsujou no Kabaneri, put in some input
  • Like 1

After comparing fansub groups, etc.. I'm gonna be going with these:

• Endride - No group is doing it, so FUNi-rips by HorribleSubs is only choice. They're also Broadcast dubbing it next month.
  • Re:Zero - DameDesuYo
  • Joker Game - Commie
  • Twin Star Exorcist - Glue
  • Kabaneri - DameDesuYo
  • Big Order - Hasn't aired yet, no group pick up announced so far.
  • Mayoiga - Chihiro
  • Kiznaiver - Asenshi
  • Flying Witch - Asenshi
  • Like 1

• Koby unpinned this topic
  • Koby pinned this topic