Avatar: The Last Airbender Complete Series (2015 collection)

DeathTheKid

So I just checked my email today and I received an email from amazon about their newest pre-orders and TLA Collection came up. First I've heard of it. So my question is. Would you think it'd be better to buy this over the individual book releases? I know the show is SD and I'm pretty sure there's no way of them ever creating an hd version (shitty upscale) and I thought they lost some footage or something (not sure on that).

k2-_144c3ed5-5db8-49c7-aa33-b3dc0b0203e7

• Like 1

It depends on if they just put the same discs in this set or if they redid the dvd transfer. The old discs had terrible ghosting and such in the first like 12 episodes or so especially. The only real way of confirming if this is the case is to have someone buy it and do a comparison however.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was disappointed when I found out it was the exact same source material as the original book releases.

However, it seems my PS4's dvd upscaler is pretty good, so it's not a total loss.

It's still much cheaper than buying the individual seasons.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/04/2016 at 11:08 PM, Animaholic said:

Although the original wasn't in HD, it still sucks that Paramount has to do such a sloppy job with the sets. They could have used the same transfer from the iTunes files and put them on the DVDs. I can't imagine it costing much. 

Are the higher quality ITunes files free of channel logos in the corner? And have they been uploaded anywhere?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...