Best filehoster to use

Syraph

Hey guys, while I don't post that often, I love this site and I've even donated to the server costs before because of that. I'm planning on starting a new project that's going to span hundreds of episodes of a certain series and basically deliver them in the highest quality possible in dual audio and put the links up here exclusively.

So I've been wondering, what would be the best filehoster to use, that's affordable, where files have less chances of going down and has a good amount of traffic available (unlimited prefered). The episode sizes are going to be 600-700mb, and there are going to be 400 plus episodes by the time I'm caught up with the current episodes of the anime.

Ideally how I'd want it to go, is to have the files up on the filehoster, have a torrent go up shortly after, and hopefully have someone's xdcc pick it up later as well. So even if the file goes down on the filehoster, the torrent and xdcc will still be there if I'm not able to re-up the file for whatever reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why do people continue to use UPTOBOX so much? US members cannot download from there at all. Can we stop doing this? it is very disturbing to be cutoff summarily from so many great encodings. The proxy redirect utilities that you have to try and use to fake the site out as to your location are potentially dangerous, very difficult to setup, and for all that they don't seem to even work really.

So, what is up with this uptobox shit??? 

Last I checked only about 38% of our visitors are from the USA. Anyhow as for uptobox, they allow USA downloaders, then they stop, then they allow it, etc... So chances are they were likely uploaded during a time that it was open to users from the USA. Either way it's usually a simple method to get around them, I use to use my seedbox/server/vpn that was hosted elsewhere in the world to bypass restrictions. There is also simply anonymizers that use IP's from around the world that you can try in-browser to download with, etc... Otherwise most uploaders will typically offer other hosts as well or be willing to if you asked them nicely in the thread. Else if they refuse, you could always make a request in the request board.

Back when we actively kept a recommended and banned filelocker thread we actually had uptobox banned due to that though, be we stopped doing that when I stopped caring about file hosts. I mostly torrent these days and what I can't torrent I search for via XDCC.

• Like 1