Dragon Ball Super

Koby

Episode 4 was better than the first three but that's still not saying much. It's still just all been filler-like build-up to the arrival/introduction of Beerus. King Kai still sounds like he's sleep reading his lines. The animation shows him screaming at Goku but his voice is still just talking as normal with no emotion. The next episode will finally be Goku vs. Beerus on King Kai's planet, but I feel it'll likely be slower paced and just as lame as it was in Movie 14.

• Like 1

qNrtPzj.jpg

SI13eva.jpg

Wow, talk about shitty animation. Only thing worse that I recall was Sailor Moon Crystal where it looked like a 3 year old colored the video due to colors being outside of the lines, etc.

Actually, I've read many many posts on the net and they mostly agree that the animation was pretty good, but the art sucked dicks and these pictures justify my statement! ;P

Personally, I liked the pace of the episode! I also liked the fact that dispite the shitty arts Goku demonstrated his SS transformation individually while fighting instead of fighting Beerus at his SS3 transformation from the start. And just for the record, King Kai's Japanese voice actor is really old and sick and therefore cannot perform as great as others (hence the sleep talk). I think Toei is keeping him cause they wish the series to retain the original VA.

Nonetheless, I believe that in 3 weeks from now we will finally see Goku's SSG transformation and I would really really like it if he could find a way to obtain it on his own!! :)

Edited by Imagine Breaker

meh, I've seen worse.

Remember in Naruto Shippuden Pain vs Ninetails, THAT was a disaster :/

This.   :D  :D  :D

I like the pacing of the series, despite those rushed art style.lol

I want to see more Gohan though.

Gohan doesn't fight anymore. He's a book-nerd.

You should probably get used to the fact that DB Super will mostly be about Goku and Vegeta. The rest are supporting characters who double as cheerleaders when the fights happen.

• Like 2

meh, I've seen worse.

This.   :D  :D  :D

I like the pacing of the series, despite those rushed art style.lol

I want to see more Gohan though.

Gohan doesn't fight anymore. He's a book-nerd.

You should probably get used to the fact that DB Super will mostly be about Goku and Vegeta. The rest are supporting characters who double as cheerleaders when the fights happen.

That's about right! Although, I really cross my fingers that Gohan, Goten and Trunks will play a major role in Universe 6 Arc just like Mashima turned little useless Wendy into a badass character on Tartaros Arc.

meh, I've seen worse.

I would not call that a disaster. Some of us are fan of that look. Personally, I would not want those scenes in any other style. It just showed the fight as an all-out otherworldly thing between two demonic creatures.

Back to the topic on hand, I was not at all excited by the news of Toriyama continuing the DB franchise. And after watching the first episode, I can safely say that I'll prefer the GT series to this useless reboot. I think GT had a better setting about Goku returning to childhood. It tried to bring back the original adventure feeling of Dragon Ball and introduced a few new characters. The fact that was Goku had turned into a kid was also a very good way to limit Goku's ridiculous Superman-like powers. Sure the execution could be better but l prefer the Super Saiyan 4 look to any stupidly named Super Saiyan God transformation. And you have to agree that ever since you were a kid, you always wondered what a Super Saiyan would look like in ape form. They just made that into another level of Super Saiyan. I would actually even claim that the fact that GT turned out the way it did had more to do with Toriyama's distancing from the series than any fault in its actual setting. If they had had proper direction and guidance from Toriyama instead of being quickly disowned by him, it could have turned out much better than it did and could have finally closed the Dragon Ball chapter once and for all.

Also, Toriyama is not a very good character designer. Most importantly, look at his human characters in all his works including Chrono and Dragon Quest series. They all look like they were taken from one of the commoners in the DBZ world. It's actually boring to me now. If you look at the male character in the PS2 Dragon Quest game, you'll find Trunks there.

Regardless, the Dragon Ball series has already finished for me. NO silly reboot is going to work especially seeing how Toriyama lacks any variety in his designs now and may even be having writer's block.

I'm ready for this BoG retelling to end. I'm sure I probably won't like the Ressurection F retelling either. I see no real reason to keep retelling movies into series format other than milking the franchise that is clearly out of fresh ideas. I don't really have much hope for the new content that'll come after that either.

People talked shit about GT all the time; but I'd gladly take it over this mess any day.

I'm still for the idea of a spin-off with new characters, rather than continuing the story with Goku and Earth...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

9 episodes in and i have got to say that Dragon Ball Super has been absolute garbage.

1) Animation is terrible, i can't think of an anime that has been as badly animated as this. This alone is making it really hard to watch.

2) Character designs suck, most of the characters don't look like their old selves. The characters hair, the shape of the characters, their size, sometimes they are too skinny, Piccolo and Dende's ears pointing out rather than up. Everything just looks wrong.

3) Plot, boring.

4) Music, awful.

5) Characters not like their old selves.

6) Pilaf gang, they aren't needed at all and they still haven't explained in the series why they are kids again. It would take 20 seconds to explain it.

7) Comedy, it's nothing like Dragon Ball comedy at all.

8) From episode 9. Fetus Pan being a Super Saiyan.............yeah, ok. So we are meant to believe that a fetus, that is only quarter Saiyan, can achieve something that 99.9% of pure blooded Saiyans could never achieve in their lifetime ? It's stupid.

People thought that GT was bad ? well, this has been a lot worse so far. If it wasn't for the reputation of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z then this show would fail.

Edited by MephilesTheDark

So..Keep me up to date. Are the episodes that are currently done, are they retelling the Battle of Gods movie?

I've only watched 1 Episode and wasn't Impressed.

Yes. As of the current episode (9) they're just now to the point of summoning Shenron to learn how to become a SSJG. Once they finish the BoG retelling, they're apparently going to retell the Resurrection F movie as well, then move on to actual new content which will feature other universes with other Beerus and Whis -type Gods of Destruction characters... Such as the Fat-Beerus looking dude in the OP and the girl-Whis.

So we're likely looking at 24-30 episodes of retelling the two movies and Super is apparently only suppose to be around 100 episodes. So 1/3 is the recap arcs.

• Like 1

So..Keep me up to date. Are the episodes that are currently done, are they retelling the Battle of Gods movie?

I've only watched 1 Episode and wasn't Impressed.

Yes. As of the current episode (9) they're just now to the point of summoning Shenron to learn how to become a SSJG. Once they finish the BoG retelling, they're apparently going to retell the Resurrection F movie as well, then move on to actual new content which will feature other universes with other Beerus and Whis -type Gods of Destruction characters... Such as the Fat-Beerus looking dude in the OP and the girl-Whis.

So we're likely looking at 24-30 episodes of retelling the two movies and Super is apparently only suppose to be around 100 episodes. So 1/3 is the recap arcs.

Wow, I can't believe they are doing this to Super :/

If I wanted to watch Battle of Gods or Resurrection F, I'd watch the frikken Movies.

Mr Satan > Gohan. Wow... Gohan sure has fallen since the days of owning Cell imo. Even Mystic Gohan wasn't as nice. Gohan just hasn't been the same since then and it's a pity because besides Future Trunks he used to be my favorite. Now it's Future Trunks and Piccolo who hold those spots.

It was strange as hell to see Videl's hair turn yellow. Though the whole ordeal with baby-Pan (are they even going to keep that name for canon?) being able to be one of the 5 is still a silly concept to me.

Pink haired Red eyed Goku just looks silly to me. I hate that SSJG is just a basic color palette change of their base forms. Then SSJGSSJ (which is another stupid name) is just going to be a blue-haired palette change when that comes from seen in the Resurrection F trailers (still haven't seen that movie). I think the whole 'god' story line is off putting and I liked the concept and design of SSJ4. It was much more appealing to me.

So they took another whole episode just to summon Shenron, learn how to become SSJG, then to figure out how to follow those instructions given. All of them were so ignorant they needed Whis to point out that Shenron said it'd take 5 + 1 to make it... My god everyone got so completely stupid since Z apparently on top of getting a lot weaker.

So next episode we will hopefully see SSJG Goku square off against Beerus.

• Like 1

There is a chance Funimation might release news/info doing the New York Comic Con on Thursday Oct 8 regarding the dub of DB

Super

FUNimation Presents: Dragon Ball Z (and Beyond)

Thu. October 8| 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM | Room 1A10

Join Sean Schemmel (voice of Goku) and Christopher Sabat (voice of Vegeta), as well as FUNimation staff members, in an in-depth discussion on the long-running, anime action series Dragon Ball Z. Join the Panelists for a look at the history of the television series, its current theatrical success and the highly anticipated follow-up series, Dragon Ball Super.

http://nycc15.mapyourshow.com/6_0/sessions/session-details.cfm?ScheduleID=70