World cup gen. discussions

fma2232

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is anyone else besides me watching the world cup this year? if so can anyone believe france got knocked out already, its mind breaking

Well, someone does, not very regularly though.

Hadn't you noticed before that Farnce wasn't the same since the previous Cup? Yeah, Zidane quit, Henry is tired... By the way I couldn't understand why that freak didn't let Henry play, he had the chance, didn't he?

I have been watching the World Cup, A lot of crazy stuff has actually been happening this year, Top teams have been struggling against some of the lower teams, EG is Brazil vs Korea DPR, that was a crazy game with Korea looking like they were going to at least draw.

haha now thats a slaughter :P I was very disappointed with the England vs Algeria game which ended in a 0-0 score.... Just shameful to see a world class game with no goals, especially from one of the worlds best. What has suprised me is New Zealand vs Italy, a 1 all draw! New Zealand actually have a chance to move on from the group stages if they can win there next upcoming game.

Just a side note, the refs absolutely hate Australia! Firstly Cahill gets a red card from first game which wasn't a good call, he pulled out of the tackle but couldn't stop himself, should of only been a yellow. And now last game the ref gave Kewell a red card for an "intentional" handball which was complete bull****! He had his eyes closed for one and it hit the top of his shoulder/arm, hardly a red card offense. Anyway, i had to just say that :)

well, apparently, Group A has finished all their matches.

1st Place: Uruguay with 7 points

2nd Place: Mexico with 4 points

3rd Place: South Africa with 4 points

4th Place: France with 1 point.

Although South Africa beat France 2-1, both did not qualify to the Round of 16. Only the teams that are in 1st and 2nd Place will qualify to the next round.

haha now thats a slaughter :P I was very disappointed with the England vs Algeria game which ended in a 0-0 score.... Just shameful to see a world class game with no goals, especially from one of the worlds best. What has suprised me is New Zealand vs Italy, a 1 all draw! New Zealand actually have a chance to move on from the group stages if they can win there next upcoming game.

Just a side note, the refs absolutely hate Australia! Firstly Cahill gets a red card from first game which wasn't a good call, he pulled out of the tackle but couldn't stop himself, should of only been a yellow. And now last game the ref gave Kewell a red card for an "intentional" handball which was complete bull****! He had his eyes closed for one and it hit the top of his shoulder/arm, hardly a red card offense. Anyway, i had to just say that :)

Agreed on the England-Algeria match. Ugh...the whole of the English team is playing like zombies this year. They've got some of the best players in the world and they're better paid than anyone else. They have no excuse.

And you think the refs hate Austrailia? How about that bullshit that went down in the US-Slovenia match? First the yellow card on Findley in the first half for NO REASON, and then the so-called "offsides" tie-breaker at the close of the second. That was just disgusting.

Agreed on the England-Algeria match. Ugh...the whole of the English team is playing like zombies this year. They've got some of the best players in the world and they're better paid than anyone else. They have no excuse.

And you think the refs hate Austrailia? How about that bullshit that went down in the US-Slovenia match? First the yellow card on Findley in the first half for NO REASON, and then the so-called "offsides" tie-breaker at the close of the second. That was just disgusting.

Yeah the england squad is one of the best teams I have seen, it has been pathetic how they have been playing.

I agree, the refs have just been **** overall... They are just pulling out yellow and red cards to much, but it is kinda Fifa's fault, the refs have to show that they are willing to give out cards so that they might be chosen to ref the next stages. But the refs will not be getting through making the ridiculous calls that they have been.

So the US just beat Algeria, 1-0, goal scored in extra time. The cafe I was watching the match at exploded when that happened. High-fives and hugs all around. I was shaking for the next ten minutes... I thought the worst when the ref took away ANOTHER good goal from us in the first half, but that second one was so splendidly executed that even he couldn't say anything. Truly a magnificent moment in U.S. football history.

Oh, and the English actually PLAYED today. I only saw the highlights because of the concurrent U.S. game, but it looks like they're finally getting their act together. Glad to see it -- it would've been miserable to see such great players go home in shame.

So the US just beat Algeria, 1-0, goal scored in extra time. The cafe I was watching the match at exploded when that happened. High-fives and hugs all around. I was shaking for the next ten minutes... I thought the worst when the ref took away ANOTHER good goal from us in the first half, but that second one was so splendidly executed that even he couldn't say anything. Truly a magnificent moment in U.S. football history.

Oh, and the English actually PLAYED today. I only saw the highlights because of the concurrent U.S. game, but it looks like they're finally getting their act together. Glad to see it -- it would've been miserable to see such great players go home in shame.

This was the first game England played that I enjoyed so far. England vs America was alright, but Algeria was just a nightmare!

Still... be interesting to see who England and America have to play in the knockouts now (prays England don't get Germany!)

Sorry to say but England do have to play Germany. And USA are playing Ghana. I was happy today with how Australia played. The socceroos got two brilliant goals! One was an excellent header by Cahill and another was like a 25 yd strike by number 14 (Don't remember his name :S).

I agree, the England game was by far their best in these group stages, they finally decided to play proper football and not that crap they played against Algeria.

I can't wait to see who Brazil has to play. I would love to see a Brazil vs. Spain game in the next round but I think it will be Brazil vs. Chile, still would be a great game.

I can't wait to see who Brazil has to play. I would love to see a Brazil vs. Spain game in the next round but I think it will be Brazil vs. Chile, still would be a great game.

Hell, I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to both of the major matchups tomorrow (Spain v. Chile / Brazil v. Portugal). Should be a chance to see some damn good football. Battle of the powerhouse teams!

It was disappointing to see Italy go down in what was probably the weakest group in the tournament -- they should have at least got the runner-up, but their team comp was a little bit weak and their players are getting older...I hope to see better things from the Italians next Cup.

Then there's Japan. I was surprised when they won the first game, and they didn't fare too badly against the Netherlands either. Today's 3-1 match with Denmark really showed that they can hold their own outside of Asia. Their players are really all on the same page and work together beautifully. A well-deserved advance to the round of 16.

Well I think tonights games are going to be very interesting. Got USA playing Ghana which will be a great match seeing as Ghana is the only South African team to make it into the round of 16 so Ghana will be fighting hard. The other match tonight will be interesting as well with Uruguay vs Korea, I think that Uruguay might have the upper hand in this match though.

Overall all of the round of 16 matches are going to brilliant. The ones I am looking forward to most though is the Germany vs. England, Brazil vs. Chile and the Spain vs. Portugal games. These, to me will be great games to watch, although I will be watching all of them. XD