World cup gen. discussions

fma2232

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY S***!!!!!!!!! USA lost to Ghana!

Ghana was playing a bit dirty from the second half on, wasting time and such. The Extra Time in particular was just sickening to watch. However, this is the US punishment for not being able to play at a professional level until they've been scored on. If that doesn't work on Ghana then it certainly wouldn't work on the likes of Brazil or Portugal.

I'm disappointed that my home country lost, but I can still look to our cousins across the pond. Germany v. England is on ATM. I can't believe that second English goal was thrown out -- looks like America's crap calls were contagious. Anyway, what I saw after Germany got its second goal was what England is capable of -- and what it should be doing for the rest of the tournament. I just hope that England can win this uphill fight against the super-aggressive Germany and a ref who clearly doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground.

Germany-England match just ended, 4:1. England is heading home at the moment...

The ball appeared in the german goals twice, yet the second hit wasn't counted by the referee...

Yeah, I saw that, really disappointing call on the ref's part. I think that goal would have given England the morale boost it needed to win (or at least secure a less embarrassing loss).

So, what the hell. Italy was knocked out ages ago, the U.S. fell yesterday and now England goes down. Who am I supposed to support now? Mexico? I'll watch the rest of the cup with a heavy heart.

The game that interests me most now is Paraguay v. Japan. Honda's a great player, but Paraguay's a very technical team, and his team will need to be sharp going into the game to take advantage of the few opportunities that they'll offer them to score.

The Argentina-Mexico game ended a while ago. Mexico's been eliminated. The first goal Argentina made shouldn't even have been counted as the guy was offsides. The second goal was given to Argentina by Mexico, I mean come on, it was embarrassing. The 3rd goal was the most impressive, long distance shot i've seen so far. It wasn't until the 2nd half that Mexico scored but the game ended 3-1.

This world cup has certainly been filled with weird and wonderful events :S The referees just don't seem to want to do their jobs properly! I mean the England goal was an example of pure idiocy... How you can miss the fact that the ball was about 4/5 inches INSIDE the goal is beyond me! Although you got to give credit where credit is due and say that Germany did get some nice goals.

Personally, I am now going for Argentina to win this world cup. They have been playing brilliantly throughout the group stages from what I have seen. But we will see what happens. I cannot actually stay up to watch these sets of matches as I have to go into my dads work this week :S

This world cup has certainly been filled with weird and wonderful events :S The referees just don't seem to want to do their jobs properly! I mean the England goal was an example of pure idiocy... How you can miss the fact that the ball was about 4/5 inches INSIDE the goal is beyond me! Although you got to give credit where credit is due and say that Germany did get some nice goals.

Personally, I am now going for Argentina to win this world cup. They have been playing brilliantly throughout the group stages from what I have seen. But we will see what happens. I cannot actually stay up to watch these sets of matches as I have to go into my dads work this week :S

I almost want to agree with you. Argentina has played beautifully in every one of its games so far. Still, the Netherlands has a really solid lineup and they were my favorites to win the cup in the first place. We will indeed see. :)

Germany-England match just ended, 4:1. England is heading home at the moment...

The ball appeared in the german goals twice, yet the second hit wasn't counted by the referee...

yea he was so far down field he couldnt tell, but it was still a good match for germany, England proofed admirable but they weren't doing well this world cup.(german fan) i also caught that Netherlanders Slovakia game and i got to say i was disappointed at slovakia the team that knocked out ,former world cup champs, Italy.

The netherlands vs. Slovakia game was good but Netherlands should never of gotten the first goal... It was just poor defending on Slovakia's part, actually was exactly what happened in Germany vs. England when Germany got there 3rd goal.

Brazil also beat Chile, but that was no big surprise. I personally want to see a Brazil vs. Argentina final. Would be a great match but I think that Argentina will have a hard game next, Argentina vs. Germany. Though if Argentina stay cool and don't try to hard to score they should be fine.

Now tonights matches, Spain vs. Portugal and Paraguay vs. Japan. Going to be two great games but I got to say that next round will probably be Spain vs. Paraguay. Spain just have a much better team than Portugal and I think most people would be shocked if they lost. And I think Paraguay will have a better game than Japan seeing as they have had a tougher group comp than Japan has imo.

Wow, this has been crazy, first off, Brazil lost to Netherlands 2-1! I would of thought that Brazil had that game but I guess you can never really tell. I didn't really expect Ghana to make it much further in the competition so it wasn't a shock to me that Uruguay beat them.

The biggest shock in this round was last night with Germany vs. Argentina, a 4-0 loss for Argentina who were favourites going into the game. Argentina has been one of the best teams at this world cup but still, Germany wiped the floor with them. It was still a good game though, but I really wish it had been closer. And the Spain vs. Portugal game really didn't suprise me as Spain were clear favourites in that game.

Well the world cup is over now. It honestly didn't live up to expectations, especially the final. I mean 7 yellow cards to Netherlands and 1 double yellow card and 5 yellow cards to Spain... That is just a ridiculous amount to be given out. I swear that they weren't even trying to play football, I think they were just trying to injure the other team as much as they could. But how about New Zealand, the only team to be undefeated in the world cup, 3 draws in the group stages :D Well now we have to wait 2 years until the Euro Cup and then another 4 till world cup :) Lets hope that they will be better than this years World Cup.

I have to admit that this World Cup was waaaay different than any other I've ever seen.

I expected Brazil, Italy, and Argentina to make it to the semi finals but they were knocked out earlier than expected.

Also, it was a "dirty" World Cup, if you know what i mean. Too many fouls, ESPECIALLY in the final game.

I hope Brazil 2014 is much better!!!