Sex

Osirus Thone

The majority of the male species believe sex is everything, I highly disagree just to be with that one special person is much better then sex. When your with that special person your body goes weak, You get butterfly's in your belly, You hands start to sweat, Your face blushes out. To me just that feeling is better then sex any day of the week.

What do you all think on the topic?

• Like 1

They're both very seperate things. You can have sex without love, and love without sex. But when they both combine, it's the most spectacular feeling in the world. If you are with someone you care deeply about and want a long-term relationship with, then sex is an integral part. Very few romantic relationships can survive without sex. It's in our genes.

But you gotta understand it goes the otherway too.

You can have sex without a relation. But you do have to makesure the girl knows that ur not gonna get married and sh!t like that.

Sex without being marries is as natural as kissing and not being married, it has the same emotional affect, just our society holds it higher. This is to assume that he girl will not be pregnant, as far as I'm concernt thats the only reason not to. Thats the only downside to sex in my eyes, unless you are ready and watn children, it can suck if she does get pregnant.

And thats only vaginal sex. Anal and Oral both carry a risk of her getting pregnant unfortunatly it is possible. Thats why condoms are important, that should be trojans logo, no mastercard or visa...

Dont leave home without it :P

It's true that you don't need to be in a relationship for sex, Although in my eyes I'd much rather be with the one I care for. Like the saying goes you never forget your first, It's true and I highly regret my first and only.

Sex makes the World go round, Without sex there would be no way to keep the species alive. Although if you do plan on having it always have a condom either there on the pill/patch or not, know one likes a dirty man or women who's going to give you shit like (ex. aids).

To my understanding, "anal is wild and don't cause no child". But the people I tend to be around generally aren't the epitome of pure and virginal. I fail to see how oral could risk a child unless there was some spillage into the woman.

But anyway. Seriously.

Some people just have larger libidos, men and women. I don't think having a high sex drive is bad as long as they know how to handle themselves and their relations--that is, practise precaution, make sure that the partner understands what type of person they are going to get involved with, and so on. People have many different styles of loving, and they all have their value. (Read an essay during AP English when we weren't doing anything important about different types of love. "Styles of Loving" by John Alan Lee, if you care. He divides styles of loving several types, with three "primaries"--it's stated early on that his classification is akin to that of the colour wheel.)

Sex and love are separate, some people don't want sex, some people don't want love. There is no universal "right"--only what's right for you and your "style of loving". All very basic stuff. And probably as far as I'd care to think about love--in the essay, Lee refers to love as being "a delicate butterfly [...] that can be ruined with clumsy dissection" and you should just "let it fly".

As it stands, I have no strong sexual drive--if at all. I would probably be so bold as to say that I were asexual, though most people would argue that "when I grow up" I might want to take relationships "a step further" and that I "shouldn't restrict sex to procreation and deny myself the pleasures of sex". And I argue back that they don't know who I am, and my need and desire for sex will not always coincide with others.

Anyway, given the above, I would obviously prefer love--the looks across the room, the tingly feeling, the blushing, the stupid thoughts and things you say, the flirting, and so on. It probably also bears noting that I don't believe in the concept of soulmates or "The One", but rather "The Many".

Edited for conventions.

I agree with you so much there EO, In my eyes sex means nothing, To just have those feelings to me is better then sex on any day of the week. Yeah some people enjoy sex, some people enjoy love. It's diffrent for everyone I prefure love over sex. If sex happens I don't want it to be planned It just happening is the only way Id do it.

*waves hands* i haven't! =o

i don't really care either?

seriously, if i haven't had sex? so what?

just means i haven't foudn the right girl yet y'knw? sex isn't an integral part of everyday life. we CAN live without it. don't see why society places such a great emphasis on sex now adays.

As the wise Shinji says:

- Society's perspective has been distorted over the years. What may have been true love a century ago, is a concept laughed upon by contemporary society

You're right, Shinji, love is more important than sex. However, sex is important too. It's like a right of passage into the human race. It's an important part of any long-term relationship. It's different for people with lower libidoes, but most everyone needs sex, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The point I think everyone is missing is the difference between having sex, and making love. They're very different things.

I'm not bringing up my personal experience with a bunch of strangers.

But I don't believe that you need to have sex to understand your perception of it, others' perception of it, why you feel sexual attraction for certain people, and so on. To say that everybody likes sex is false. Some people receive no pleasure from it. Some people just choose to be abstinent. I have a feeling that you only bring that up because you want to feel superior to the others around you, like having had sex is some sort of important social achievement.

And of course it is. It always has been.

Not everyone has sex. I don't think I need to elaborate.

And I see no difference between using "sex", "making love", "screwing", "fornicating", "fucking". Whatever. All means the same to me, regardless of whether it's a one-night stand or long-term relationship. Obviously each one carries a different connotation and bears specific meanings (gotten this so many times in AP English about my word usage), but in general, they all mean the same to me.

Obviously sex and romantic love can be important. But are they essential? Probably not. You could go through all your years without ever having sex. You could go through all your years and never feel any strong romantic love for another person or have someone feel strong romantic love for you. But I think the point is, you don't really need either of those things to feel fulfilled. They're great when they're great, and I won't say either is worthless, but I don't think it's something that should consume one's whole life.